Kai- Back Up Dancer

A Collection of EXO

He watched her from the front as he recited his part in Wolf. He watched her from the back as he howled during the song. His eyes were focused on her instead of the crowd as she followed the steps after him. He couldn't convince himself to turn away, and with every passing second, he found himself studying every part of her.

"Jonginah," she called out to him after the concert was over, tossing a towel to him with a smile on her face. "You were great out there. Keep it up." She waved as she strolled away to the fitting rooms designed for the back up dancers. EXO didn't usually need any since there were already twelve of them, but this concert was a special one, and female back up dancers only added glamour to the stage.

This girl, though, he had first seen when she was back up for Girl's Generation. Tiffany had sprained her ankle, preventing her from performing and having a back up dance in her place. The way she moved had caught his attention, as if dancing and she were the same being. Her movements were swift and graceful, and when she danced, the widest smile appeared on her face, glowing with satisfaction and happiness.

The only problem was, she already has a boyfriend.

She came back, her hair tied up in a high bun as she chewed on the roll of bread on her hand. "Jonginah, are you hungry?"

The girl held out the bread, pressing it to his lips and causing the boy to blush. All he could think of was the indirect kiss, though this probably never crossed the girl's mind. "I'm alright, Hanayah," he whispered as he watched her, focusing his attention to her big, brown eyes that sparkled wherever she looked.

"I remember when we first met." She took her seat beside him, tucking her hair back as she stared at the floor. "I couldn't dance your choreography properly, and you were teaching me. I'm not good when it comes to the chorus part," she said with a soft laugh. He was aware of her modesty because she wouldn't notice the fact that she was absolutely perfect at her dance.

"Why are you still here?" He hadn't meant anything harsh with his question. He was merely asking, but it might have come out differently since she flinched.

"Mianhe. I'm waiting for my boyfriend to come pick me up. He told me he was going to be here at eight, and it's already nine." She smiled, but Kai could tell that it was painful. Deep in her eyes, he could always tell that she was hiding something. Their relationship probably wasn't working out well, and for her to cope with it, she put up an act as if she was okay.

"Is something wrong?" It caught the girl off guard, probably because she was concealing something that wasn't meant to be found. She shook her head before standing as if to avoid anymore confrontation. Kai reached over, holding on to her wrist and swiping his thumb over it for comfort. "If anything ever happens, you know to come to me, right?"

She nodded her head before pulling away. He watched as she snatched her phone out, and by the looks of her shoulders dropping low, he could tell she was disappointed to find the time later than nine.

"Kai, aren't you leaving with us?" Luhan called to him as he was propping the door open, waiting for to follow him.

Kai shook his head as he glanced over at Hana. "I'll catch up to you guys later."

He waited with her, secretly though. She wasn't aware of his presence, and he already figured she wouldn't notice him. She had such a narrow view, and all she practically saw was her boyfriend. He already knew that. Of all the months that he watched her and grew to like her, he was already aware of the fact that her heart belonged to someone else.

But for some reason, he thought maybe tonight was the night. He could see from her eyes that she was exhausted from the one sided relationship. He could tell that she wanted something more, someone that would love her regardlessly and put her before anything. He knew that what she wanted was another man to sweep her away and take her away from the painful relationship she's committed to.

As he was lost in thought, he realized that Hana was no where near him. He stood up from his spot, walking around the stadium to see if he could spot the girl. It was rare of him to lose sight of her, and it worried him that she had suddenly disappeared. As he was ready to turn a corner, he heard a soft sound, as if someone was holding back a cry. 

Jongin moved towards the sound, peering past the corner to find Hana on the ground, her back against the wall as she held on to her knees. Her phone was tightly gripped against her hand as the color on her knuckles started to disappear. She was shaking, and Kai made her way towards her, gently touching the crown of her head to get her attention.

Hana looked up at him, tears staining her cheeks along with the mascara that had smudged off. He fell to his knees, wiping away the tears and smiling. "You know, there are better guys out there," he advised her.

"You probably think I'm crying because he's late, but I keep thinking that I'm never in his mind as much as he is in mine," she confessed as she stared down at her phone, watching as her messages that had been sent ever few minutes for the past two hours was never responded to. "I always initiate the date. I always call him. I'm always the one showing affection. Not once has he told me he loved me." She let out a much louder cry, leaning against Kai and covering her face.

He wanted to speak, he really did want to comfort her, but at his point, he lost all the courage to fess up. He felt it in his throat, but something was blocking it from going out any further. He opened his mouth, only to be interrupted by her phone ringing.

Hana stared down at the caller ID, her boyfriend's name flashing before her eyes as she composed herself. She answered the phone, her voice shaking as she spoke to him. She became quiet, and Kai finally thought it was over. Now, it was his turn. Now, he could be with the girl he had been watching for months.

Just then, he heard noises behind him, and there came the Hana's boyfriend, a bouqet of roses and a box of chocolate on one hand while the other was occupied with his phone. He smiled apologetically to the girl. "Hanayah, I'm sorry I'm late. The lady at the flower shop had messed up on my order. Then, the chocolate store nearby had closed so I went to look for another one, which was thirty minutes away. Did you perhaps think I forgot our one year anniversary?" He walked over to the girl, tucking back the light brown strand of hair that had glued to her face. He leaned down and kissed her softly, and her eyes gleamed, different from what Kai had ever seen.

Hana took a hold of Kai's hand, shaking it and smiling gratefully. "If it weren't for you staying here, I probably would have ran out. Thank you for comforting me," she whispered, kissing his forehead before looping her arms around her boyfriend's arm.

Kai watched the two walk off happily. Of course, that's all he could ever do with her anyways, watch her and hope for her happiness, never getting the chance to have his share.

 

 

 

--

I hope you enjoyed that! I'm not really a fan of Kai, but I figured that it was time for me to change up who I wrote about!

Comment if you have a one shot suggestion!!

Thank you for reading this~ (: