Chapter 15

Say You'll Mean It

Luhan enters his bedroom to see Minseok still in bed, asleep.  He slips under the covers and holds Minseok tight, the incident at the park still lingering in his mind.  Minseok groans and then hugs Luhan back, causing Luhan to look at him in concern.

“Everything alright, Min?”  Luhan asks, running a hand through Minseok’s hair.

“Yeah, it’s just cold.”  Minseok replies, snuggling further against Luhan.  Luhan smiles and hugs his boyfriend tighter.

“Don’t worry, I’ll keep you warm.”  Luhan reassures Minseok before the younger boy falls asleep.  Then, two figures enter the room and Luhan looks up to meet them.  He finds his parents standing there, looking at them.  His mom is carrying a blanket, and is looking at Minseok carefully.  Luhan doesn’t know why, but he instinctively tightens his hold on the other.

“Mom?  Dad?  What—how did you get here?”  Luhan asks, disbelieving.  Last time he checked, his parents were dead.

“We’re here for Minseok.”  His dad replies and Luhan freezes in place.

“Wha-what?”

“We’ve come to take Minseok, Luhan.”  His mom slowly says, as if talking to a child.  “Give him to us, he’ll be safe with us, don’t worry.”

“NO!  You can’t have him!”  Luhan screams.

“Luhan, please give him to us.”  His dad says, advancing towards the bed.  His mom hands him the blanket just as she steps forward beside him.

“NO!  Go away!  You can’t have him!”  Luhan screams, now panicking.  He knows he’s being bad to his parents but they can’t have Minseok. 

“Luhan, please.”  His mom says and suddenly she’s holding him, taking his arms away from Minseok.  Luhan struggles, and watches helplessly as his dad pulls back the covers from him and Minseok.  “Mom, no!  Let go!”  Luhan screams as he sees his dad wrapping Minseok’s body with the blanket, keeping him warm.  Minseok opens his eyes and sees Luhan, his expression turning from peaceful to scared.

“Luhan?  What’s happening?”  Minseok asks, his voice filled with panic.

“Don’t worry, Minseok.  It’s okay; we’ll take care of you.”  Luhan’s dad tells the boy in his arms.

“But Luhan…” Minseok retorts but Luhan’s dad kisses him on the forehead, causing sleep to wash over the boy.  His eyelids flutter close despite his best efforts to keep them open.

“MINSEOK!  No, stay awake!  Mom, let go of me, damnit!”  Luhan screams, flailing his arms around him wildly, trying to get his mom off him.  “Minseok!  Don’t close your eyes!”  He screams, but it’s too late, Minseok’s back in his peaceful slumber.  Luhan’s dad tightens his grip around Minseok just as his mom lets go of him.  Luhan’s parents turn around, Minseok still in his dad’s arms, and Luhan desperately tries to catch up with them but he’s entangled too much in the blanket.

“MINSEOK!”  He shouts desperately, tears running down his cheeks, hoping to wake up the boy but to no avail.  “Please, give him back.”  His parents continue to walk away from him, taking Minseok away from him forever.

“NO!  MINSEOK!”  Luhan wakes up, screaming and drenched in sweat.  He looks around his surroundings in panic, and realizes he’s still in Minseok’s hospital room.  He sees Minseok still asleep in his bed, the sound of the heart monitor telling Luhan that he’s still alive.  Luhan immediately throws back his blanket and gets out of the couch, crossing the room in a few strides and joining Minseok on the bed.

Luhan climbs in, slipping under the covers and hugging Minseok’s body close all the while checking to see if he’s really there.  He’s still here.  Calm down, Luhan, he’s still here.  Luhan starts to kiss Minseok on every exposed part of his body: his throat, the crook of his neck, his fingertips, his hands, his forehead, his cheeks, his eyelids, and the top of his head.  It’s only when Luhan pulls away from kissing Minseok on the tip of his nose and sees the droplets of water on the boy’s face that he realizes that he’s actually crying.

He cups Minseok’s cheek, moving Minseok’s head slightly so that they’re facing each other, as he lies back down, his head hitting the pillow.  “Minseok, don’t leave me, please.  Don’t let them take you away from me.”  Luhan pleads, his voice cracking.  He knows that it’s just a dream, but still, it felt so damn real that he just has to make sure.  Luhan then closes the gap between them, resting his lips on Minseok’s cheek.  His hold on Minseok’s waist tightens as if that would keep him there with him, and he falls asleep, the sound of the heart monitor and Minseok’s breathing serving as his lullaby.

~O~

“Two Caffe Americanos, please.”  Chanyeol tells Yifan, looking at the wall clock carefully.

“Got anywhere to be?”  Jongdae asks as Yifan prepares Chanyeol’s order.

“Yeah, actually, I’m going to go see Minseok.  Luhan asked me yesterday if I can go and watch over him since he has to go to work.  I’m just bringing in some morning coffee for me and Luhan.”  Chanyeol replies.

“That’s nice, I just went to visit them yesterday.”  Yifan says as he makes the order.

“Really?  How was he?”  Baekhyun says as he enters the main area from the back office.  “Hey, Chanyeol.  You going to visit Minseok today?”

“He’s fine, still not awake, but he’s fine.”  Yifan replies just as Chanyeol says, “Yeah, Luhan has to go to work today.”

“Really?  Jongdae, make some Huevos Rancheros Wraps for the two of them, would you?”  Baekhyun says and Jongdae springs into action.

“Wha—Baekhyun!  That’s not…” Chanyeol argues but Baekhyun cuts him off.

“Yes, it is necessary.  Don’t worry, it’s on the house.  Could you wait a little longer?”  Baekhyun replies, and Chanyeol nods in return.  “Yifan, keep him company.  I’ll take care of this for now.”  Baekhyun says, giving Yifan a suggestive smirk.  Yifan rolls his eyes at his boss before leading Chanyeol to an empty table as Baekhyun goes behind the counter.

“That really isn’t necessary.”  Chanyeol says as he and Yifan sit down.

“Baekhyun’s just like that.  Most people think that he’s a heartless caveman but in truth, he’s a big softie.  If he can give everyone a free Espresso this season then he will, but sadly, that’ll make this branch bankrupt.”  Yifan replies.

“So you went to visit Min yesterday, huh.”  Chanyeol says.

“Yeah.  I went with Yunho but I had to go earlier because I still have work.”

“I miss him, Yifan.  It’s not the same without him.  Even the shop’s feeling it, we’re not as happy as we used to be in there.”  Chanyeol says, burying his face in his hands.

“Yeah, here too.  It’s as if Jongdae and I don’t have anything to look forward to anymore.”  Yifan replies, looking out the window and seeing the snow falling to the ground.  “Minseok just has that effect on everyone, I guess.  He’s like the sun, and it’s definitely colder without him around.”

“It’s so ironic that he’s like that—like the sun—when he’s very sensitive to the cold.  I guess the sun needs his own sun to warm him up, too.”  Chanyeol says.  Yifan nods, still not taking his eyes off the snow.  Suddenly, Chanyeol grabs his hand and Yifan turns to look back at the other boy only to see him near tears.

“Yifan, promise me you won’t leave.”  Chanyeol says, his voice full of panic.  “I’m scared, Yifan.  I trust Minseok but what if something happens?  I can’t lose him, he’s my best friend.”

“I won’t go anywhere, Yeol.”  Yifan replies, taking Chanyeol’s other hand in his.  “And don’t worry, just believe okay?  We just have to believe in Minseok.”  Yifan smiles slightly, hoping to cheer Chanyeol up.

“Ehem.”  Someone clears his throat beside them and they both look to see Baekhyun standing there carrying a small paper bag.  “I hope I’m not interrupting something but… here you go, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol accepts the package and thanks both of them, stopping slightly to give Yifan a smile and a hug, before he leaves for the hospital.  Baekhyun stares at Chanyeol’s retreating figure through the window then looks down to see Yifan staring too, all the while blushing madly.

“Dude.”  Baekhyun says.

“Shut it.”  Yifan replies, avoiding his boss’ gaze.

“You should definitely tell him.”  Baekhyun says, sitting on the chair that Chanyeol previously occupied.

“That’s what Luhan told me yesterday.”  Yifan replies.

“That’s what we’ve been trying to tell you all along.”  Jongdae suddenly says from beside them, rolling his eyes as he sits down on the third seat.  Baekhyun checks the counter and sees Yoona and Sooyoung taking care of it.  Jongdae sets down three Caffe Lattes in front of them as Baekhyun looks at Yifan pointedly.

“You’re an idiot, Wu.”  Baekhyun concludes, shaking his head.

“Yeah.  Says the guy who also has a creepy flower suitor.”  Yifan replies, looking at Jongdae pointedly.

“Hey, I don’t even know Joonmyeon that much.”  Jongdae retorts.

“You should, he’s awesome and likes you very much.”  Baekhyun says.

“Whatever, and don’t change the subject.”  Jongdae replies, pointing a finger at Yifan.

“I’m trying too, okay?  I’m going to, I just have to prepare for the rejection.” 

“How do you even know he’s going to reject you?”  Jongdae asks.

“Because he doesn’t like me, he’s in love with creepy flower stalker!”

“You’re ridiculous.”  Baekhyun says, then taking a sip of his Latte.  “You’re off for today.  Go tell Chanyeol and do us all a favor.” 

“Are you serious?”  Yifan asks, shocked.

“Yeah.  Do you need us to call XOXO for some flowers?  I’m pretty sure Jongdae would be glad to do that for you.”  Baekhyun says, earning a glare from Jongdae.

“Absolutely.”  Yifan replies with a smirk and Jongdae just groans.

~O~

Chanyeol enters Minseok’s room only to be stopped the moment his eyes land on the bed.  Luhan’s huddled against Minseok, their faces touching.  There are tear stains on Luhan’s face, and his hand that is on Minseok’s hip is clutching the blanket and Minseok tightly, as if not doing so would make the younger boy disappear.

Chanyeol doesn’t really know what to do.  He’s stuck between calling Yunho to tell Changmin that Luhan isn’t going to go to work and just leave the two alone or waking up Luhan.  He settles for the latter.

“Luhan.”  Chanyeol calls, hoping to wake the older boy.  Luhan’s eyelids flutter open and he looks at Chanyeol wearily.  Then, he sits up when he realizes that it’s actually Chanyeol who’s there.

“Chanyeol!  Sorry, I slept in.”  Luhan says, getting off the bed.  He fixes Minseok’s pillow and blanket, and then plants a kiss on the boy’s forehead as he whispers, “Good morning.”

“I brought you some coffee, and this is from Baekhyun.”  Chanyeol says, handing Luhan his share of Starbucks goodies.

“Wow, thanks.  Holy , I’m late!”  Luhan says as he accepts the bag and checks his clock.  “You sure you’re okay with this, Chanyeol?”

“Yes, ohmygod.  And it’s Yeol, okay?  Now hurry and save your uncle from insanity.”  Chanyeol says, smiling at Luhan who’s currently running around the room, fixing his things.  Luhan finally manages to gather his belongings and goes inside the bathroom to fix his appearance.

Chanyeol sits down on the chair near the bed and looks at his best friend’s peaceful face.  He leans in to whisper, “I got to hold Yifan’s hand a while ago,” and immediately feels like a girl with a crush.  Luhan emerges from the bathroom, his hair properly combed and dressed for work.

“So… I’ll leave him to you, then.”  Luhan says and they bid each other goodbye.  Luhan places another kiss on Minseok’s forehead before leaving the room.

“So yeah, I sound like a girl with a stupid crush.”  Chanyeol tells Minseok, sighing and leaning back on the chair.  “But I can’t help it; I just wanted to know how his hand feels like.  And it was so warm and soft and, goodness, I sound like a freaky stalker.”  Chanyeol says then remembers a piece of paper in his jacket pocket.  He pulls it out and smoothes it so that the text can be readable.

“So… Joohyun gave me this yesterday.”  He says, looking over the text.  “It’s a song that she wrote for her class but she can’t compose for it.  She asked for my help, but I don’t know if I can do it.  I was thinking that maybe being with you can help… you know, you can send some of your musical talent using brainwaves or something.  But yeah, I’m trying really hard but I just can’t do it.” 

Minseok lets out a sigh.  Chanyeol puts the paper on the bed before rummaging for his own notebook and pen.

Chanyeol puts the notebook on the bed and starts working on the song.  “So yeah, I was hoping you’d let me work here.  I know I’m an awful companion but hey, it’s for our project too!  I promise I’ll keep quiet and let you rest so bear with me, okay?  Get well soon and wake up sooner, Minnie, it’s almost Christmas.  I’m pretty sure Luhan would love to spend his with you.”  Chanyeol says, before starting to write once again, thoughts of Yifan and Starbucks and freshly brewed coffee filling his thoughts.

~O~

“It was so real, Suho.  I swear, I thought he was really gone.”  Luhan says, staring at the cup of coffee he is holding.

“Yeah, sure.  Thanks, Jongin.”  Joonmyeon says to Jongin who gave him some receipts before he turns back to Luhan, closing the door of the office behind him.  “But he isn’t, is he?  There’s nothing to worry about, Luhan.  It was just a dream.”

“But I can’t help but feel scared.  I couldn’t do anything in my dream, Suho.  I was so helpless and he got taken away, just like right now.”  Luhan replies.

“But you can do something, no wait, you are doing something.  You’re staying there, watching over him, being there for him now that he needs you most.  I’m pretty sure Minseok would be really happy if he’s awake right now.”  Joonmyeon replies.

“But that’s the issue, Suho.  He’s not awake and I could’ve done something but now it’s too late and I can’t do anything but wait and watch.”

“There’s not much to do, then.  You just have to be patient and let Minseok decide for himself.”

“But what if he doesn’t want to stay anymore?  What if he got tired of all of this and just decided to go away and leave?”  Luhan replies, free hand waving hysterically.  “I’m scared that he will.”

“I know, Luhan, everyone feels that way.  Why don’t you just tell him?  I mean, even if he’s asleep there’s a chance that he can hear you.”

“That’s what I’ve been doing all this time, Suho, but nothing’s happening.”

“How about flowers.”  Joonmyeon suddenly says and Luhan looks at him, bewildered.  “Try giving him flowers.”

“Uhm… Joonmyeon, last time I checked, he’s still in a coma and can’t really see us.”

“Yeah, but, they’re flowers.  Minseok has this small thing for flowers, Chanyeol’s is still greater, but he’ll understand.  Just try, Luhan, just try.”

“Yeah, but I’ll come there late tonight.  How am I supposed to give it to him?”  Luhan asks.  Just then, the question is answered by the opening of the door, revealing Yifan.

“Hey, guys.  Kim, I need flowers.”  Yifan says.

“Okay, what flowers?”  Joonmyeon asks, curious.

“Blue and white violets; lots of them.”  Yifan replies.  Joonmyeon asks something else but Yifan cuts him off.  “They’re for Yeol.”

“Finally.”  Luhan says, breathing a sigh of relief.  “Hey, do you think you could deliver some flowers for me?”

“Sure, but for whom?”  Yifan asks.

“Minseok.”  Luhan replies, a gentle smile on his face.

~O~

Yifan enters Minseok’s room to find it empty except for his comatose friend.  He approaches the bed and puts the basket of flowers on the small table near it.  “Hey, Min,” he begins, not knowing how to say what he’s thinking.  “I have a special delivery for you but this time, it’s not coffee but flowers instead.  Yeah, flowers.  They’re from Luhan.  I know you can’t really see them right now so I’ll just tell you what’s inside.”  Yifan says, pulling out the list of flowers that Luhan handed him a while ago.

Tell him what’s inside; he’ll get it for sure.  The boy told him a while ago, and he couldn’t agree more.  “They’re ambrosias, globe amaranths, baby’s breaths, pink and red carnations, eucalyptuses, feverfews, white heathers, purple hyacinths, primroses, and a whole lot of red and white roses.  Got that all?  Luhan said that you probably know what he’s trying to say already so there’s no need for me to tell you that.  So yeah, I’ve made my delivery.  I hope you like it.”  Yifan says, waiting for some reaction from Minseok.  He sighs when he receives none.  I was hoping that you’d wake up already.  But I guess life doesn’t work that way.

“So Luhan finally asked the help of flowers, huh.  It’s a good thing he wasn’t going for aesthetics, those flowers don’t really look so good together.”  Chanyeol says from the doorway and Yifan turns around to look at him.  “Hey, Yifan.”

“Hey, Yeol.”  Yifan says, immediately blushing and tightening his grip on the bouquet of blue and white violets.

“I didn’t hear blue and white violets when you recited the flowers from the basket.”  Chanyeol says, stepping in.  Someone probably gave him flowers again.

“Yeah, well, they’re not for him.”  Yifan replies, causing Chanyeol to raise an eyebrow.  Yifan stretches out the hand holding the bouquet and hands the flowers to Chanyeol, who takes it with a confused expression on his face.  “They’re for you.”

Chanyeol is confused.  They’re for me?  So wait, no one’s giving Yifan flowers?  And blue and white violets?  Chanyeol thinks of the meanings of the flowers carefully while looking at the bouquet.  Then, he gets it.  Wait, but that’s impossible!

“You’re creepy flowers stalker?!”  Chanyeol asks Yifan in disbelief.

“Yeah.”  Yifan replies, scratching the back of his head.  “I thought you finally got it when you caught me with the tulips.  Thank goodness you didn’t, though.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?!”  Chanyeol exclaims.

“Because I was nervous and I know that you’re going to reject me…” Yifan replies, still blushing, but Chanyeol cuts him off with an, “Ohmygod.”  Then, Chanyeol’s grabbing Yifan by the collar and pinning him against the closed door. 

“You’re such an idiot.”  Chanyeol whispers before he starts to kiss Yifan, slowly and sweetly.  It doesn’t register to Yifan at first, but then when he realizes that Chanyeol is actually kissing him, he starts to kiss back.  The kiss is slow at first, but then their bottled feelings catch up with them, filling the kiss with desperation.  Chanyeol presses harder against Yifan, and Yifan can feel Chanyeol’s problem from down there, causing him to gasp.  Chanyeol sees this as an invitation and slips his tongue past the other’s lips, giving a low moan while at it.  The door rattles and Yifan suddenly breaks away from the kiss, causing Chanyeol to grunt and to start attacking the other’s throat.

“Yeol, the door…” Yifan says in between taking deep breaths.  Oh god, is this really happening?

“…is closed so there’s no problem.”  Chanyeol finishes, his voice muffled by Yifan’s throat.

“We’re making out while there’s a comatose Minseok in the room.  I bet he’s already disgusted.”  Yifan says, and Chanyeol can feel the vibrations caused by Yifan’s talking.

“I bet he’s laughing.  At us.  For being stupid.”  Chanyeol replies, and then he puts his forehead against Yifan’s.  “Do you know how long I’ve been longing for this?”

“One year.”  Yifan replies, and Chanyeol looks at him in surprise.  “I’ve liked you for a year and I never thought this would happen.”

Chanyeol gives a small laugh before burying his face on the crook of Yifan’s neck.  “Me too, I’ve waited for this for a year.  Minseok was the only one who knew.”

“Minseok knew?”  Yifan asks and Chanyeol nods.  “I told Minseok too.”  Yifan replies and Chanyeol looks up at him before they both turn to look at Minseok.  They both laugh when they realize that Minseok’s behind all of this.

“Geez.  Now I know why he became my best friend.”  Chanyeol says.  Then a tune enters his head, and he leans in and hums Joohyun’s song to Yifan’s ear.  Chanyeol’s supposed to continue when Yifan kisses him, cutting him off.  Suddenly, another thought enters Chanyeol’s head and he breaks away from the kiss.

“Yifan, what was the name of your old band?” 

“Style.  Why do you ask?”  Yifan asks.

“Nothing.”  Chanyeol replies, bringing their lips together once again.

~O~

Luhan and Joonmyeon enter Minseok’s room and stop at the sight before them.  Yifan and Chanyeol are sitting by Minseok’s bedside, Yifan holding tightly onto Minseok’s arm.  He’s asleep; his head pillowed by his other arm on top of the bed.  Chanyeol is sitting beside him, awake and leaning against Yifan, playing around with the other’s hair and smiling at the sleeping boy.

“Wow.”  Luhan and Joonmyeon say in unison, and Chanyeol snaps his head up to look at them.  “That was fast.”  Joonmyeon says just as Luhan says, “Finally.”

“Ssh… they’re both asleep.”  Chanyeol says, putting a finger in front of his lips.

“Looks like your problem is finally solved.”  Luhan says.  “He alright?”  Luhan asks, pertaining to Yifan.

“Yeah, he’s just tired.  He had to work this morning and run around with a basket of flowers, you know.”  Chanyeol replies, looking pointedly at Luhan.

“Well, at least you both got what you want.”  Luhan replies before leaning in and kissing Minseok’s cheek.

“Hm… I suppose a heated make-out session is another reason why Yifan’s tired.”  Joonmyeon says from the couch just as Luhan joins him there.  “We brought some slices of New York Cheesecake for you guys.”

“Thanks.  I’ll just wake him up later, he just fell asleep.”  Chanyeol replies, kissing Yifan on the temple.  “Oh, and yeah.  We didn’t break the door, did we?”

Luhan hums a reply, taking out a slice of carrot cake that he brought for himself.  “So, I guess Minseok’s the only one left, then.”  Joonmyeon says, taking out a slice of Pound Cake that Luhan brought for him.

Minseok sighs and Chanyeol looks at him.  “Yeah, you’re the only one left, Min.  You gotta wake up soon or else you’ll be left behind.”

“That’s wrong.”  Luhan says, swallowing his mouthful of cake.  Joonmyeon and Chanyeol both look at him in surprise.  “I’ll never leave him behind.”

 

 

A/N:

I'm back!! I'm sorry I was gone for a long time, school has been eating up my time recently.  Anyway, here is the 15th part to this story!!  Finally, our creepy flower stalking couple has gotten together! /side eyes matchmaker Minseok

I hope that I will be able to post the 16th very very soon. :3  For now, have this very very interesting gif

luhands pls