(IV) The Swap

Body Swap

A white Porsche Cayenne pulled up next to the already parked black Lamborghini as the driver made to switch the engine off in a hurry before throwing himself out of the car. The tall brunette in the passenger seat followed closely behind.

"I'm so sorry Director Park for the delay, I apologise on behalf of Sungyeol and myself for the..."

"It's alright," Director Park cut short Sunggyu's apology with a kind smile.

"You can join L in getting your make-up done, I will run the plot through the both of you after that," the director instructed.

Sungyeol heeded with a slight bow before strutting towards the dressing room to join his co-star.

"Typical," Sungyeol was greeted with a less than subtle scoff the moment he entered.

He snapped his head towards the origin of the sound and angrily remarked, “What was that?"

"Nothing," the cold actor nonchalantly replied.

"What do you mean nothing? You said something. Spit it out." Sungyeol was not backing down without a fight.

"I said ty-pi-cal," Myungsoo enunciated.

"What do you mean typical?"

"It means it is so typical of Lee Sungyeol to waltz onto a set late after a night of partying."

"Are you trying to imply that I can’t take care of myself? That I am irresponsible?"

“All I’m trying to say is that parties usually involve having too much drinks resulting in a night of and a painful hangover.”

“Why you…” Sungyeol advanced towards the other with ill intents going through his head.

The pending fight about to break out was successfully stopped by the effective manager.

“Keep that anger for later. The music video is about two friends fighting over a girl.”

“Oh yeah, do I get to punch this pretty face?” Sungyeol emphasized his threat by putting his fist into his palm.

“I said friends,” the beady-eyed manager snapped.

Sungyeol rolled his eyes before proceeding to finally settle down so the make-up artist could begin her work on his face.


“Ok guys, meet our lead female star, Stephanie,” the director announced as the two young men stepped out of the dressing room.

“She will be playing the love interest of the both of you,” he continued as the popular actress gave a polite bow to the two male co-stars.

Sungyeol allowed his eyes to wander all over the beautiful actress, shamelessly expressing his excitement and satisfaction. His much-too-eager facial expression earned yet another sneer from his co-star. 

“Will you stop that?! Can you please stop judging me at every opportunity you can find, you stupid boyfriend-snatcher?!”

“Now now, who’s the one judging here?” Myungsoo calmly replied to Sungyeol’s outburst.

“I can see that the both of you are well-acquainted, may I proceed with the rest of the plot?”

“Sorry director-nim,” Myungsoo apologised politely whilst Sungyeol merely turned his head away in embarrassment.

The older man cleared his throat before launching into a brisk explanation of the plot.

“The both of you will be playing good friends; fellow car racers who enjoy the company of each other and race against each other for the fun of it. So you have to show your deep friendship. Enter Stephanie, who will win the heart of both friends but will only reciprocate one. That guy will be played by Sungyeol. L you will the heartbroken friend who sacrifices himself to give way to the couple. L will commit suicide in a car race at the end. That’s the gist of it, any questions?”

All three shook their head as Sungyeol let loose another ecstatic expression.

“Oh yeah I get the girl and L dies. I have absolutely no problem with that. Do I get to kick his as well?”

“I said friends,” the director effectively ended the discussion.


“Alright let’s begin with the scene with the three of having a good time together. This is your car-washing set; I expect to see some y flirting with soap and water. Just relax and have some fun, but not too much fun,” the last line was directed at Sungyeol.

“I want to see strong friendship between the two guys, love between Sungyeol and Stephanie and Stephanie show some interest towards L as well, so it makes his predicament more difficult.”

Myungsoo immediately picked up a soapy sponge and began cleaning the black Porsche diligently; getting into character instantly. Sungyeol also comfortably went into his role as he continued playing his cheeky self, picking up the water hose and spraying Stephanie with it, causing screams and giggles from the actress. Stephanie professionally manoeuvred between the two males, showering the both of them with appropriate amounts of attention. Within minutes, Myungsoo too was in smiles, showing off his dimples which even Sungyeol was mesmerized by, momentarily forgetting about the water hose in his hands. Realising what he was staring at, he snapped out of it and turned his attention towards Stephanie again. As Sungyeol attacked her once again with the water hose, she playfully ran over to Myungsoo as a means of seeking protection, creating a window of opportunity for Sungyeol.

“Alright Sungyeol here’s your chance to have some fun,” even the director had caught on the golden chance.

Sungyeol caught the hint immediately and smirked as he aimed the water hose towards Myungsoo yelling, “hell yeah!”

Water gushed out of the hose at top speed, hitting Myungsoo square in the face, causing the liquid to enter places it wasn’t meant to. Myungsoo let out a small yelp as he grabbed his defined nose in pain.

“Cut!”

Myungsoo could not be gladder for the much-needed time-out as he started walking off the set, putting pressure on his nose bridge in an attempt to reduce the pain pulsing through due to the water which had entered. Sunggyu noticed the actor’s discomfort and promptly handed him a towel.

“Are you ok?”

“Yeah, I’ll be fine. Thank you hyung,” Myungsoo humbly replied as he took the towel with a slight smile and bow.

The small action managed to put a smile on the manager’s face as he acknowledged the positive attitude of the young star, a huge contrast to what Sungyeol always seemed to portray him as.

“Hey! You’re my manager not his,” the snarky brat caused the smile to disappear off Sunggyu’s face as he flung the second towel at Sungyeol, not caring that it had hit him in the face, earning a scowl.

“Alright thanks everyone, we’re done with this scene. Dry up and change your outfits, redo your makeup and we’ll meet at the garage for the next scene in half an hour.”


It was Sungyeol’s moment to shine in the following scene as the on-screen couple was instructed to display affection to each other. The happy smile on Sungyeol’s face was just too obvious a sign that he was very pleased with the arrangement. Myungsoo was needed in the scene only as a by-stander, observing the couple with looks of hurt flashing across his face. A couple of hours passed and Myungsoo was finding it harder and harder to maintain his cold expression as he witnessed Sungyeol failing miserably. There was simply no chemistry between the couple and the entire crew was getting rather impatient.

“Alright let’s take a break,” the director signalled the end of his patience.

Sungyeol sighed in frustration as he left the set for a breather to calm his nerves. But he soon found himself not alone as a voice broke the silence.

“I thought you fancied the actress.”

Surprised orbs met taunting ones as the model turned to face the young actor.

“Are you here to mock me? Do you enjoy stepping on me when I’m down? Piss off Myungsoo.”

“Actually, I’m here to help you.”

“Right,” Sungyeol scoffed in disbelief.

“Well, I wanna go home too you know.”

Sungyeol’s glare softens as he slowly turns his head towards the greenery as Myungsoo launched into his encouragement.

“Just imagine her as someone you’re in love with. You’ve been in relationships before, just relive those beautiful memories.”

“Yeah I was in one until you stole him away from me,” Sungyeol retorted.

“Excuse me, how many times must I tell you that I did not steal your boyfriend before you believe me? Anyway, he’s not a person worth thinking of. Just think of a loving couple you know then, envision what they have and apply it. Picture Stephanie as someone whom you would like to share that special relationship with and from what I’ve witnessed earlier on today I don’t think you’re going to have much troubles imagining Stephanie as that special someone.”

“I am a healthy biual young male; obviously I’ll be attracted to a good-looking curvaceous girl. It doesn’t mean I harbour any special feelings towards her,” Sungyeol explained himself.

“Just…think about it,” Myungsoo ended as he made his way back.

Left alone, Sungyeol found himself letting his mind wander to how it would be to have someone in his heart. He wished he could find that special someone like how his brother did. Thinking of the cute couple brought a smile to his face. He decided that his other half would be a gorgeous male, sweet, kind and patient. He would always encourage him when he’s faced with obstacles, handle him with utmost patience when engaged in an argument and be able to hold an intelligent and meaningful conversation with him.

Holding those thoughts in mind, Sungyeol confidently made his way on set and successfully pulled off the kissing scene; locking lips with the female actress whilst he noticed Myungsoo smiling from the corner of his eyes.


 “Ok guys, the rest of the scenes are down to the both of you.”

The two guys had barely any break before they launched into the next scene. Stephanie had called it day having completed her scenes, leaving the two mortal enemies behind.

“Right, now I have to act all lovey dovey with you. Do I have to imagine you as someone special as well?” Sungyeol remarked, voice dripping with sarcasm and scorn.

“It doesn’t pay to be kind does it?” Myungsoo mumbled under his breath.

However despite their non-stop bickering off-camera, the two males managed to successfully complete their scene within a single take. Their chemistry on camera was simply flawless. The way they greeted each other as though they were long-time friends, how they comfortably enveloped each other into their warm embraces and particularly the heartfelt looks they showered one another. All these interactions were well captured, bringing a sense of satisfaction to the director.

“Alright final break before we shoot the final scene; the car racing parts.”

Sunggyu immediately went to Sungyeol’s side, passing him a towel and a bottle of water. Sungyeol took a sip out of the bottle before noticing Myungsoo seated on the hood of the car, with his face in his palms, trying to rub the tiredness away. He didn’t know what drew him to the fellow star but he found his feet moving in his direction.

“You alright?” the words flew out of Sungyeol’s mouth unknowingly.

Myungsoo groggily looked up, eyes full of question at the unexpected company.

“Here, have some water to refresh yourself.”

“Thanks,” Myungsoo gratefully accepted the bottle and gulped it down.

Sungyeol simply walked back to his manager, taking another bottle to quench his thirst and intentionally ignoring the questioning look on the elder’s face.


The final scene of the day was the race scene. Despite the fancy cars and crowd simulating an actual street race, the high speed action itself was fake. The two race cars were attached to a moving platform with camera’s installed at the front for the purpose of capturing up-close expressions of the actors.

Intensity and excitement filled Sungyeol’s face as his character indulged in another familiar race with his best friend. Myungsoo on the other hand portrayed pain, loss and love. The two actors also exchanged looks throughout the entire “race”, conveying their strong bond.

“Alright, everyone on standby, we will go into the ending scene in twenty seconds. L, I need you to pour all your emotions into one final glance at Sungyeol. Sungyeol pause for a moment before showing a shocked expression at L’s suicidal action and breaking down on my final command.”

The two actors nodded in acknowledgement before executing the director’s instructions perfectly. Everyone was shocked at how easily Sungyeol managed to cry upon Myungsoo’s death.

“Wow well done Sungyeol. Good job to you too L. Kangta should be very pleased with this video. Everyone, it’s a wrap!”

The two actors got out of the vehicles and bowed to the crew, thanking them for a day’s of hard work.

“What was that?” Sunggyu immediately asked the young model.

“What was what?”

“Where the hell did you find the right feelings to make you shed a tear so easily?”

Sungyeol paused, recalling Myungsoo’s face before his car “took a plunge”, desperately trying to find an answer to Sunggyu’s deep question.

“I don’t know,” he finally relented.


Myungsoo’s grip on his steering wheel tightened as he felt a wave of uneasiness flow through his body. There was also a constant dull pain which had been bugging him for a while now. Myungsoo shook the feeling away as he concentrated on getting himself home safely. He collapsed on his bed after a quick shower, letting the disturbing exhaustion consume him within seconds.

Sungyeol on the other hand made himself comfortable in the backseat as Sunggyu drove him home. Sungyeol muttered a quick goodbye to his manager before throwing himself onto the bed, not even bothering to clean himself up. The annoying nauseous lump in his throat had only seemed to be growing bigger as the day went by. He gladly welcomed the darkness despite the eeriness of it.

The both of them had gone to bed with an perturbed feeling that night, not knowing what had hit them, not knowing that it was about to change their lives for good as they knew it.


Author's Note

Hello all! Yaye to a full-length chapter finally (by my standards) Sincere apologies for slow updates. My other Eunhae stories seem to be receiving so much more support so they get priority. So readers please please please leave me comments <3

The inspiration for this chapter comes from this music video! 

I absolutely adore this duet. So watch this video and imagine L as Kangta and Sungyeol as Vanness ;-)

Subscribers; click the button if you like my story

IAmAnExoFan and yupthisisjason 

Upvotes; click the arrow if you think I deserve it <3

rhayqueiroz , IAmAnExoFan and sarangsuho