(V) Waking Up in Your Body

Body Swap

Myungsoo woke up with a strange feeling as he opened his eyes and observed his surroundings. The ceiling was of the wrong colour, the walls were decorated with posters he did not recognize, the furniture were foreign, hell even the bed he was sleeping on did not belong to him. Knowing something was definitely amiss, he silently thanked god that he wasn’t bounded, leaving him with the ability to further explore this new room. His eyes drifted to the photo frames and he was shocked to see the face of his rival staring back at him; Lee Sungyeol. He was accompanied by two other good-looking males in the picture, presumably his friends. Myungsoo tried to shake away the woozy feeling as he got shaken up by the possibility that he was in the bedroom of his number one hater. Looking down at his clothes, he realised that he was dressed in what he remembered clearly to be Sungyeol’s outfit during the shooting of the music video. How exactly did he end up in his enemy’s bedroom wearing his clothes? Myungsoo was beyond confused but the stench emitting from his body demanded that a shower was his priority.

He proceeded towards the exit of the bedroom with caution, taking a peek down the hallway to make sure the coast was clear before making his way towards a door at the end of the hallway which he assumed to be the bathroom. As he was close approaching his destination, the second door swung open, revealing a dishevelled half- average height male. Myungsoo froze in his steps as he eyed the individual; he was sporting a mop of golden blond hair and he had almond shaped eyes filled with light brown orbs.

“Yo baby brother what are you doing?” the blond greeted him.

Brother? Millions of thoughts were running through Myungsoo’s brain; did the blond think he had slept with Sungyeol and hence called him brother as a form of affection for his blood brother’s lovers? Was this guy even Sungyeol’s brother? He had recognized him from the photo he saw but this guy standing in front of him looked nothing like his rival. Myungsoo had assumed him to be his friend but if this guy was living in the same house as him…

“Hello? Snap out of it! Had a good time last night huh?” the other with a wiggle of the eyebrow.

Myungsoo stuttered, “erm...I…was just gonna wash up.”

“Are you ok brother?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well for one, our bathroom is in the opposite direction right down the other end of the hallway, second door on the left, next to your bedroom…”

Myungsoo swear he had turned red as he bowed his head and ran his fingers down the back of his neck. It was after all his first time in this house but that did not make it any less embarrassing as the blond continued staring at him with a confused expression.

“I’m sorry…I’m kinda sleepy…”

“Whoa…was he that good?”

Myungsoo was feeling intimidated by that point of time; did people in the house talked about so openly? They must be very close for his brother to interrogate a stranger whom he had assumed to be a lover. A family who shares; that interesting though lingered in Myungsoo’s head as he quickly made his way towards the correct door after giving the blond a light bow.

After opening the door to a white sink, toilet bowl and shower area, Myungsoo knew he had entered the right place this time. He ran over to the basin and splashed his face with some cold water to refresh himself, hoping to wake himself up from this weird nightmare. However, things took a turn downwards when he lifted his head to look into the mirror. Myungsoo stared in shock as the face of Lee Sungyeol stared back at him.

Despite the traumatizing event, Myungsoo proceeded with a quick shower and a change of clothes back in the bedroom before scrambling for a hand phone; Sungyeol’s hand phone. He wasn’t surprised at all when he finally found the phone on the floor amidst rubbish. He immediately dialled his own number and waited for it to ring. Myungsoo was growing more and more impatient as the phone remained unanswered. He was sure that it had been set to a ringtone and there was no reason Sungyeol couldn’t hear it; assuming that they had indeed swapped bodies and not just him taking over Sungyeol’s body and Sungyeol’s soul disappearing into thin air. When his persistence ran out, he scrolled through Sungyeol’s contact list, finding a suitable person to call. His eyes widened at the amount of male and female names Sungyeol had stored in his phone. He did a light fist punch in the air when he chanced upon “Sunggyu” and immediately clicked the dial button.

“Hello?” a familiar voice replied.

“Hyung?”

“Who’s that?” Myungsoo was confused. Wasn’t this Sungyeol’s phone and didn’t he sound like that brat?

“Sungyeol doesn’t call me hyung,” Sunggyu had unknowingly replied Myungsoo’s silent question.

Myungsoo decided that Sunggyu was someone he could trust and hence decided to tell him the truth.

“Sunggyu-hyung…this is Myungsoo here. It seems like the both of us have swapped bodies, I’m at Sungyeol’s house right now. Could you drop by?” Myungsoo made it short and direct.

“Be there in twenty minutes,” came the sharp reply before a dead tone was heard.

Myungsoo took a deep breath and nodded to himself, assuring himself that he could do it. All he had to do was stay calm and remain hidden in the room until Sunggyu arrived so they could figure things out.

*knock knock*

“Hey baby brother, you alright? Breakfast’s ready.”

Myungsoo sighed in distress; looks like his plan of staying within the safety zone of the room was ruined.


Ring ring….

Ring ring….

The annoying sound was starting to get on Sungyeol’s nerves. He threw the blanket off and started scrambling for his phone. Failing to find it on the bed, he proceeded with the search on the floor in his semi-conscious state. He was getting more and more irritated by the second at the constant ringing.

Ring ring…

Ring ring…

Sungyeol yanked on his hair in frustration and focused on the direction in which his ear was picking the sound up from. Crawling a full round around the king-sized bed, Sungyeol eventually found the ringing object on the bedside table. Grabbing the device, he angrily flung it across the room, causing it to shatter. Sungyeol smiled to himself as he crawled back into bed to continue his beauty sleep.

It was only when he was struggling to climb back onto the bed which suddenly felt a lot higher than usual did he realise that it wasn’t actually his bed. The bed sheets were entirely black with grey shades and the bed was humongous. Sungyeol instantly jolted awake as he observed the foreign surroundings.

Did I sleep with someone last night? Sungyeol wondered to himself. But as he took in the expensive décor on the walls, the high shelves full of comics and a display cabinet with an extensive collection of limited edition collectibles, Sungyeol smirked to himself; looks like he had hit the jackpot with a rich partner this time round. He inspected the room another time, aiming to find some discarded clothes or ripped packet; signs that there was some that happened in this bedroom the night before. He frowned when he found no such thing, the room was extremely neat and it started getting on his nerves, making him wonder if the person he had slept with suffered from some form of obsessive compulsive disorder. Sungyeol’s eyes widened even more when he realised he was clad in a black Dolce and Gabbana singlet and black Calvin Klein boxers, branded clothes that he had never worn his whole life, clothes that reminded me of someone, someone he disliked; Kim Myungsoo. Come to think of it, the whole room set-up screamed Kim Myungsoo. He scoffed at that thought as he made his way towards the attached bathroom to freshen up.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!”

A loud high-pitched scream filled the Kim mansion as Sungyeol made the discovery that he had indeed traded bodies with his mortal enemy.

Sungyeol sprinted out of the bedroom, clashing into a slim dark-haired male upon exiting the door. As he shifted his gaze, he found dark smouldering orbs staring intensely back at him. The person did not seem pleased at all with the accident. Thoughts of asking the person for help flew out of Sungyeol’s head at the unfriendliness radiating from the other. As Sungyeol straightened up, the stranger continued glaring at him with a weird look. An awkward staring competition commenced before the person spoke up.

“Kim Myungsoo, make yourself presentable.”

The dark-haired male then turned and walked way as Sungyeol decided to heed his advice. It wasn’t like Sungyeol to take instructions from a complete stranger but there was something about his aura that made him very intimidating. His dark hair and eyes, smouldering look, sharp jawline and defined features. He was rather attractive and looked not much older than he was. Was he…Myungsoo’s brother? But the fact that he called his own brother by name made it seem unlikely.

Sungyeol was getting dressed in one of Myungsoo’s stylish black clothes when there was a knock on the door. A female voice sounded out after he responded, announcing that breakfast was ready.

“Sir, your presence is requested at the breakfast table.”

Sungyeol scoffed at the choice of words and formality of speech. How rich exactly was this brat? Sungyeol was about to find out as he bounded down the dark stairs into the more than luxurious living room.

The size of their television was practically the size of his old bedroom wall and it was floored with glass; giving a view to the underground aquarium full of koi fishes. A large chandelier hung from the high ceiling, switched on even though it was only morning. Sungyeol stood in awe before he was woken up from his dazed state by a high voice.

“Hey Myungsoo!”

Sungyeol turned to discover a petite young male who was wearing a dimpled smile. The shorter signalled to what Sungyeol assumed was the kitchen and followed suit. Instead, he found himself going into yet another large room with a golden dining table with exactly five chairs; two pairs facing each other and one at the head of the table. Two seats had already been occupied; a familiar old man took the head of the table and an older woman sat next to him. Sungyeol excitedly greeted the older whom he was acquainted with as Sungyeol; forgetting for a second that he was now assuming the role of Myungsoo in this household.

“Hi!” Sungyeol greeted with a wave before settling down in the seat next to him.

Shocked expressions filled the faces of the three others in the room at his actions. Sungyeol nervously bit his lip as he attempted to rectify his mistake.

“Good morning dad, good morning mum,” Sungyeol greeted.

He seemed to be achieving the opposite of what he had set out to as the frowns on their faces deepened.

The cute brunette jumped to his rescue as he sounded out, “Oh, I guess Myungsoo must be tired from yesterday. Go back to your seat before Jongwoon comes down.”

Sungyeol placed himself in the seat opposite his saviour and next to Mrs Kim; as pointed out by the young male with a nod of his head.

Jongwoon, whom he had recognized as the person he bumped into, waltzed into the dining room shortly after, occupying the seat he was at just moments ago. Mr Kim then commenced their prayers before digging into the sumptuous spread on the table. It was full of expensive delicacies Sungyeol had barely even seen much less eaten in his whole life. Sungyeol decided to reach out for the safest looking food; white bread, before scrutinizing the contents on the table in search for something suitable as spread. His saviour swooped in once again and pushed a bowl of black substance towards him with a smile.

Caviar?! Sungyeol almost sounded his thought out loud when he figured out what was in the bowl. Who the hell ate caviar for breakfast?! Sungyeol remained quiet and silently ate his food for the rest of breakfast; gobbling down the exquisite delicacy he had never tasted before. He was glad for once that the Kim family seemed to follow the tradition of silence over meals; something he wasn’t used to back at home.

Speaking of home, he sprinted out of the mansion after he was “dismissed” from breakfast session; hailing the first cab he spotted and giving them the address of his real home.


“Oh there you are son, Eunhyuk said you were acting odd from exhaustion this morning. You feeling better sweetie?”

“Nah-ah mum I suspected he had someone in his bedroom but I checked everywhere and there was none,” the blond stated with a smirk and pat on his head.

Myungsoo remained silent, not used to such affections. But Mrs Lee’s worried gaze made him guilty and he hesitantly replied, “Yeah I’m fine Mrs Lee, I’m sorry I’m just tired.”

The blond immediately grabbed him by his shoulders and shook him, yelling in his face, “Who are you and what have you done with my brother?!”

An older man entered the kitchen at the ruckus and glared at the two boys through his black rimmed spectacles.

“What happened? Why are you being so violent Eunhyuk?”

“One, Sungyeol just called mum ‘Mrs Lee’ and two, he apologized.”

“Leave him alone Eunhyuk, he’s tired. Why don’t you help Donghae with the plates?”

Who was Donghae? Myungsoo thought to himself. His question was answered when a short bubbly brunette started skipping to the dining table, carrying a plate of waffles.

“Waffles!” He shouted excitedly before setting them down on the table.

“Aww baby did you make them?” Eunhyuk instantly turned his attention to Donghae and placed a kiss on his lips.

Myungsoo quickly shifted his gaze away, avoiding the public display of affections he was uncomfortable with. That intimate action concluded Donghae’s connection to the family.

As the dining table was full of light-hearted stories shared by everyone around the table with frequent concerned questions directed at Myungsoo due to his unusually quietness, Myungsoo found himself regretting all the negative thoughts he had of this family as a result of Sungyeol’s insolent behaviour.

Ding dong!

All five heads snapped up at the interruption as Myungsoo remembered his expected guest.

“It’s Sunggyu-hyung. I’ll get the door.”

Myungsoo jogged towards the door about ten steps away before unlatching the metal chain and opening the door to find…

Himself. 


Author's Note

And the story continues...do note that when I talk about "Sungyeol" it refers to the man inside; ie Sungyeol's brain and Myungsoo's body ;-) Hope it wasn't confusing in this chapter. 

Subscribers; click the button if you like my story

rositamyungyeol iloveyeol yingqi FireSpark96 TheEvilPanda  

Upvotes; click the arrow if you think I deserve it <3

min0702 yingqi

Please leave comments, they mean a lot to me <3 AND I always reply ;-)