Confess

Post-Its

"Dad, you need to rest" Youngjae spoke up after having a long talk with his father at the hospital. His father chuckled and nodded at his son- he felt tired after listening to Youngjae interesting day at school.

"Rest? Haha, well..I have been getting complains about you from school" Youngjae’s body stiffened as he looked at his father who was smiling at him. His father watched as his son gave him a huge smile and scratched his head nervously.

“Well…” Youngjae bowed to his father remorsefully- he knew Ms Song would have called his father to tell him about him sleeping in classes and getting a bad grade for Mathematics-despite having all As in his other subjects. "I am sorry dad!"

"It's okay, I wasn't bothered so much by that.” Youngjae blinked at his father who motioned him to sit down. His father looked at his son lovingly and patted his head.

“I am just happy to see you smile a lot more nowadays"

"Huh?” Youngjae pointed to himself.” I smile more?"

"Haha yes, to your file that is” His father laughed seeing his son blushing as he pointed out his son’s file that was right beside him.” I bet it has to do with that mess of blue post it you collect in your clear file"

"N-No....” Youngjae held the file in his arms before shaking his head at his father.” Dad, you need to rest!"

“You like the one who gives you the post-its…?”Youngjae’s father smiled wider seeing his son blushing harder as he nodded his head lightly. His father laughed and looked at his son seriously.

“I love you Youngjae, you know that right, not matter what, I want you to be happy” Youngjae nodded happily at his father and gave him a big hug.

“Yes dad, I love you too…” Youngjae whispered softly as he pulled away from his father.”You are getting discharged soon right?”

His father paused for a moment, looking at his son before nodding his head.

“Yeah, my son, I will be discharged soon…”

“Really?” Youngjae jumped out of excitement and hugged his father tightly.

His father softly sighed to himself and grinned bitterly at his state.

“This lie is for my son to be happy, only for him to be happy…”

 

 

 

 

 

“It should be Jun Hong’s turn to be at the counter right?” Jongup spoke, looking at Jun Hong and Youngjae who nodded in agreement. Youngjae, Jongup and Jun Hong became ‘duty buddies’- the trio would be going on duty together every week. They seemed to be inseparable – the students who frequently goes to the library would be able to see at least two of them together in the library. The three were at the counter, deciding who was supposed to be manning the counter for the whole of this week.

“Yeah I should be at the counter then” Jun Hong spoke- this meant that Jongup and Youngjae would be patrolling the library. Youngjae was a little uncomfortable to know that he was not going to be at the counter- he was looking around the library for someone and was relieved to see the regular student silently studying on his own at the table-which was just some distance away from the counter.

“Hyung” Youngjae turned to Jongup who waved at him. “Let’s go!”

“O-Oh…” Youngjae nodded quickly at Jongup. Jongup frowned as Youngjae looked over to the diligent student who was busy writing on his notebook. Jongup went to see what his senior was looking at- he was chuckling when he saw that the student his senior was looking at was none other than Jung Daehyun.

“Pftt, hyung, you’re looking at the vice-president aren’t you?” Youngjae’s face heated up at Jongup’s comment and he instinctively shushed him.

“N-No I am not”

“Hey!” The two turned around, shocked to see Jonghyun smiling at them. Youngjae furrowed his eyebrows at him as Jongup looked back to the vice-president. The junior blinked- he did not just see Jung Daehyun looking at his way.

“What are you doing here?!”

“Hey!” Jonghyun put his hands up in defeat after seeing how angry Youngjae looked. The head librarian actually felt scared seeing Jonghyun here- who wouldn’t be afraid to see their own bullies being in the only place they thought would be a safe haven for them.“I wanted to come by to help you out, Ms Kim asked me to help you out earlier. And since I have nothing on today, why not help a cute friend of mine out?”

“Psh” Youngjae scoffed and sighed, not noticing Jongup gulping and tugging his shirt. His little junior wanted to tell him the vice-president was making his way here and the way he was looking at Jonghyun was not good- he was frowning and did not have the ‘friendly demeanour’ he always had from when Jongup saw him around in school.

But he had to admit- Jung Daehyun was looking damn cool on his way here.

“Are you sure?”

“Well, now I am free to help you.” Jonghyun scratched his head. “I guess I wanted to make it up to you for bullying you”

“For your information, I already forgave you”

“Then just let me help you, she really did ask me, I have proof! This letter-“

Right when Jonghyun was about to show Youngjae the letter, it was snatched away from him. He looked up, surprised to see the vice-president who was glaring at him with his letter in his hand. Jonghyun held his breath as he watched the vice-president examine his letter carefully before returning it to him. He wondered what had gotten into the vice-president- this was the second time Daehyun ever looked so scarily serious and angry at him.

Youngjae felt his heart beating fast- he was able to feel his face burning up due to the presence of the vice-president. He had been wanting to approach Daehyun and have a simple conversation with him but he was too shy. Namjoon had encouraged him to speak up to Daehyun but Youngjae wouldn’t dare to talk to the vice-president. The head librarian did enjoy talking to Daehyun, it just that Daehyun always seemed to have someone around him wherever he goes. It was only when the vice president is in the library, he would be studying on his own with his red headphones plugged in.

Youngjae always wondered if the vice-president ever felt lonely being in the library alone while the students around him had study groups, or friends to study with. He would brush off the thought, Daehyun could be someone who liked to study on his own. But the more Youngjae kept looking at the lonely vice-president, the more he wanted to go over and accompany him. He never did though, he wasn’t able to muster enough courage to talk to him.

“Do you have anything on after this Jonghyun?” The student with his red headphones hanging around his neck asked softly.

“Y-Yeah, I got singing classes-“

“Then you don’t need to help”

“What-Daehyun?” The vice-president shoved the letter to Jonghyun and grinned weakly at him.

“I will help Youngjae here, it’s okay”

“Really?” Youngjae looked at Daehyun wide-eyed while Jongup furrowed his eyebrows at his seniors. Jonghyun then nodded at him before leaning over to Daehyun’s ear. Youngjae, sadly,wasn’t able to hear what Jonghyun had whispered to Daehyun. But he felt curious once Jonghyun gave Daehyun a big smirk and him a wink before walking out of the library.

Jongup noticed Daehyun’s glare on Jonghyun when the latter went out of the library and smiled seeing his serious face softened when he looked at Youngjae.

“Y-You…” Youngjae spoke up, looking at Daehyun’s pretty face. “You want to help me?”

“Sure” Daehyun answered with a chuckle. “Is there someone else to help you out?”

“No, no, I mean…” Youngjae shook his head quickly. “There is not much to do here, Jun Hong is at the counter while Jongup and I are patrolling-“

“Then I will go help Jun Hong!” Jongup chirped, raising his hand up high to get his seniors’ attention.

“Jongup… i-if you really want to” Youngjae gave him, smiling at his junior’s cuteness. “ You can go help him then”

“Okay!” Youngjae watched as Jongup went off to help Jun Hong out. He was watching them working together, he felt like an older brother for a moment. Admiring his younger brothers who were cutely working together to help the students loan the books.

“You are close with them?” Youngjae turned to Daehyun who grinned softly at him.

“Yeah… I am” Youngjae turned away from the vice-president, feeling flustered as he led the way around the library.

“We need to arrange these books back to where they were supposed to be.” The head librarian spoke, taking out the wrongly placed book from the shelf and surveyed the shelf for it’s rightfully place.

“It should be placed here Youngjae” Daehyun pointed out, staring at Youngjae who blinked.

“Yeah, that’s right” He nervously placed the book to where the vice-president had pointed out. He grinned over to Daehyun who was busy scanning the shelves behind him.

“Thanks”

“No problem” Daehyun responded, giving him a slanted smile before looking back at the shelves in front of him.

Youngjae felt hesitant to ask the vice-president a question- the question that bothered him quite a lot. He wanted to confirm his suspicion and bit his lips, holding tightly onto a book in his hand. He was imagining the worst scenario if Daehyun feel offended by his question or the question would make things awkward between him and the vice-president. He held his breath, this was the only opportunity for him to talk to Daehyun alone.

“D-Daehyun?”

“Yes Youngjae?” Youngjae gulped.

“D-Do you have blue post-its with you?” Daehyun paused for a moment before replying.

 

“Yeah, I do”

 

“D-Do you….” Youngjae asked hesitantly, looking over his shoulder to look at Daehyun.

 

“Were you the one who gave me the blue post-its?”

 

Youngjae expected a reaction from the vice-president but there wasn’t any reaction. Daehyun stood still with his back facing him, looking very calm and indifferent from behind. The head librarian faced the shelf again, feeling his heart sinking at his cavalier reaction. Just as he was about to tell Daehyun that he didn’t need to answer the question, the vice-president spoke.

 

“If I was the one who gave you the blue post-its, how would you feel about it?”

 

Youngjae frowned, feeling rather taken back by the question. He thought for a while and took a deep breath before smiling to himself.

“I would feel happy.” He chuckled softly. “That the person who cared a lot for me in class is you.”

 

“It means that I had you who is always there for me, who is looking out for me. That I have someone who I had an effect on. And also, I have Jung Daehyun who keeps me going through my roughest days.”

 

Youngjae paused and placed the book he had in his hand in its rightfully place on the shelf.

“It is nice to know that the vice-president isn’t looking out for me just because it is his duty to take care of the students.” Youngjae smiled bitterly to the books before him.

 

“But because he wants to take care of me"

 

“Youngjae” The head librarian turned around, blushing hard when he felt a hand caressing his right cheek. He locked eyes with the vice-president, feeling worried seeing Daehyun’s despairing eyes.

“I really do care for you, and it’s not because I am the vice-president” Daehyun spoke as he smiled softly at Youngjae.

“It’s because I just care about you, I want you to know that you have me. Me, who is always here for you.”

“Daehyun-“

“And, I am the one who gave you the blue post-its.” Daehyun bit his lips, looking adoringly at Youngjae. “And I am always happy to see you get my post-its”

They both stayed as they were, staring at each other until a student came rushing into the library looking for the vice-president.

“Daehyun?”

“Oh-“Daehyun took his hand away from Youngjae, looking at the student calling for him.

“We should go now, remember? I just got out”

“Oh okay Himchan!”

“I-I am sorry Youngjae, I need to go off”

“I-It’s okay”

“No…” Daehyun shook his head and frowned. “I am leaving you alone, I was supposed to help you…”

“It’s okay, really!” Youngjae was really fine with Daehyun leaving. It would be nice if Daehyun could stay. But seeing a friend of his calling for him and the sadness written on Daehyun’s face because he was about to ditch Youngjae when he was supposed to help him just made Youngjae feel so touched by the vice-president.

He did care for him.

“Just go, I will be fine”

“Y-You should ask me for help if you need during Ms Song’s class, alright? You can ask help from me” Daehyun spoke and hesitantly walked away from Youngjae.

He then suddenly ran back to the head librarian and gave him a quick kiss on his cheek. Youngjae froze, staring at the red-faced vice-president who smiled at him.

“See you tomorrow Youngjae!” Daehyun went off to hurriedly pack his stuffs and dragged his friend with him. Youngjae waved back, happy to see the vice-president grinning softly at him.

 

“I-I was right…” Youngjae fist-pumped and giggled.

“I-It was indeed Daehyun…”

He held his cheek and felt his heart flutter remembering the vice president pressing his lips gently against it.

 

“J-Jung Daehyun…”

 

 

 

 

“Should I ask…I should right” Youngjae peeked from his worksheet, looking at the student who was sitting diagonally in front of him. He had spent a good ten minutes on this question and yet he wasn’t able to get the correct answer. Ms Song allowed everyone to freely ask around for help so he was able to ask the vice-president for help right?

"He did say I could..."

He bit his lips, gathering the courage he had inside him before boldly calling out a name.

 

“Daehyun!!!”

 

Youngjae exclaimed loudly before grinning sheepishly at his teacher who furrowed her eyebrows at him. She signalled him to keep his volume down as she continued to walk around the class, checking on her students. Youngjae lowered his head down, looking at his classmates sneering and laughing at him.

Daehyun was gazing at him, holding back his laughter- Youngjae was just so cute sometimes you can’t help but to stare at him. He went over to him and smiled at the pouting student before tapping on his desk with his pencil.

“Yes?” Youngjae looked up, shocked to see Daehyun grinning at him and pulled a chair beside him. Youngjae completely forgot about being laughed at and was admiring how pretty Daehyun’s smiling eyes were. “You called me right Youngjae?”

“D-Do you know how to do this?” Daehyun blinked as Youngjae hastily grabbed his worksheet before handing it over to him.

”Question 5”

“Yeah, here. “ He circled the question with his pencil before pointing at the numbers given in the question. “Add this all up together before multiply them by 10, you are careless Youngjae-ah. You plus 10 instead of multiplying it!”

“Oh thank you Daehyun!”

“Youngjae? So that’s why you shouted Daehyun’s name out loud…” The teacher chuckled at them. “You rarely ask anyone for help during my class. And you normally ask Jaebum if you had any problems. I know you could do-“

“I-I just got confused Ms Song! Sorry about that”

“And Daehyun”

“Yeah?”

“You don’t usually help anyone here though. Well I ask you to tutor a weak student in class after school yesterday, you turned down the offer. Mind explaining why Jung Daehyun?”

“I am sorry, I am a busy person Ms Song. And it’s during class, they have other classmates that could have helped them.”

“Yep, that explains why Ricky came running to me saying that Jung Daehyun couldn’t help him and I needed to help him” Ms Song glowered at Daehyun and chuckled. “You’re the vice-president,aren’t you? Don’t be biased”

“I am sorry, Ms Song” Youngjae couldn’t understand why Daehyun was suddenly smiling up to him after getting told off by Ms Song. He gave him a small smile before proceeding to ask him an intriguing question.

“T-then why did you only help me?”

“Because….” Youngjae waited for his answer.

“I only have time for you” Daehyun winked at Youngjae who blushed- Youngjae knew Daehyun was just teasing him.

“Your reaction is cute Youngjae-ah” The vice-president chuckled, he couldn’t help smiling so widely at the head librarian.

Youngjae kept to himself afterwards during the whole lessons. He kept glancing at Daehyun, making sure he was not caught staring at by the latter. At the end of the lesson, he noticed a small post it placed on his table while clearing his table. He held back a smile as his eyes wandered to Daehyun who was writing on his worksheet.

 

“Youngjae, you can ask me questions anytime alright? ^-^

I am always here for you, alright?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey guys ^^

hope you enjoy the (a little) long chapter! And I am sorry to tell you updates would be late since I got a short exam coming up.

Thank for those who read, commented, subrscribed and upvoted the story! /hugs all of you/

Hehe @Jpd0824 Well, I guess you should be a little worried haha,there are bound to have sad moments in this story. Wait and see how this goes:)