'See You Tomorrow'

Post-Its

“Yeah…” Youngjae was stunned for a moment, furiously nodding away as he stood up. He looked at Daehyun’s pretty face for a moment before quickly turning away from him with a red face. He rushed to the table nearest to the teacher’s desk and started to move the tables in a six by six arrangement. He didn’t notice Daehyun watching him with a soft smile and striding over to the table right in front of him.

“I move the table here?” Youngjae looked up, nodding bashfully as he pushed the chair into the table. Daehyun meticulously arranged the tables one by one, constantly glancing over to Youngjae to see if he had any disagreements against his actions. He felt happy to see Youngjae didn’t disagree with his actions at all – he was able to see the slight cute smile he had when he arranged a table and chair properly.

After the chairs were arranged neatly in place, Youngjae smiled proudly and looked over to Daehyun who was shifting a table in place carefully. The librarian felt that he needed to thank him for actually genuine in moving the tables and chairs with him- for some reason Youngjae felt he had troubled Daehyun a lot. He could have arranged the chairs and tables on his own as always.

“D-Daehyun” Youngjae called out, surprised to see Daehyun looking up at him.

“Yeah Youngjae?

“T_Thanks for helping me… I mean I could do all these by myself” Youngjae stammered and quickly ran to get the broom and the dustpan in the class cabinet.

“I-I can sweep the classroom by myself!” Youngjae yelled as he took his supplies out. He went on to sweep the floor but he suddenly frozen when he felt a hand on his arm. The hand was gripping on his arm firmly and Youngjae looked up, seeing the handsome vice-president gazing at him.

“Youngjae…” Youngjae’s heart was fluttering when Daehyun took the broom away from Youngjae’s grip easily. The librarian blinked, blushing hard as Daehyun patted his head gently.

“Let me do the sweeping, I think you have done enough work for today alright Youngjae-ah?”

With that disarming smile, Daehyun started to sweep the classroom quietly-with Youngjae watching him in silent.Youngjae’s heart melted, he felt so touched and still so embarrassed that Daehyun was actually sweeping the floor for him. Both of them were actually happy- even though they were not showing it visibly. They were happy to be able to spend an evening together.

With just the two of them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The day seemed to end rather quickly to Youngjae's liking. The next thing he knew after Daehyun had just finished sweeping the floor, Ms Hana returned to the classroom. The timing was rather impeccable-since right after she came back, she inspected the classroom immediately and dismissed the two.

“You two had done a good job- off you two go on. And please try not to be late”

"That was fast" Youngjae thought as he nodded.

“Yes Ms Hana”

“Wait , Daehyun, I want a word with you” Ms Hana called out and waved at Youngjae. “You may go now Youngjae”

“Oh…Okay” Youngjae nodded and watched Daehyun make his way towards Ms Hana. He then hurriedly carried his bag and was about to exit the classroom when he heard someone calling his name.

“Youngjae!”

He paused, turning around abruptly to see Daehyun and Ms Hana looking at him.

“W-Who-“

“See you tomorrow Youngjae” Daehyun spoke up, waving his hand at him. “Be careful alright?”

Youngjae felt very touched and happy- it was the first time someone saying a ‘see you tomorrow’ to him. His classmates always say “Goodbye “to him but no one ever says “ see you tomorrow”. It implied that Daehyun would want to actually see him again tomorrow since he knew saying “Goodbye” could mean that they might never see or talk to each other again.

 Youngjae smiled softly at Daehyun.

“I’ll see you tomorrow too, Daehyun”

The librarian bowed and gave them a small smile before going home.

 

Ms Hana smirked, looking at Daehyun who was smiling widely to himself.

 

“Why are you smiling at yourself for, Daehyun?”

 

 

~~~

 

 

“See you tomorrow…” Youngjae whispered to himself as he exited the school compound. He was a bit too happy to know that there is someone who actually was looking forward to see him tomorrow. Especially when that someone was his crush. He crossed the road cautiously and was surprised to see his neighbour, Ms Lee, standing there.

 

“Good evening Ms Lee” Youngjae greeted him politely. “Where’s Dad?”

“Youngjae…. Your father…” Ms Lee shook her head and took his hand. “Let’s go see your father”

“Ms Lee?” Youngjae looked at her concernedly, noticing tears welling up in her eyes. “Where are we going..”

 Youngjae” Ms Lee held Youngjae’s shoulders. “Your father is in the hospital now”

 

 

 

 

Youngjae opened the door slowly, looking at his father lying now on the hospital bed. He walked in and looked at his father’s pale face. He started to cry softly, he couldn’t control his tears when he saw his father’s weak smile.

“Dad….”

“Youngjae-ah…” Mr Yoo coughed softly, looking at his beautiful son adoringly. “I am so sorry Jae-ah, our neighbours are taking care of you now.”

“But-“

“Yah, don’t cry…”

“I…I don’t want to go to Mom…” Youngjae spoke lowly, blinking away tears welled up in his eyes. “I want to stay with Dad”

“Youngjae-ah…. I am sorry” His father his hair, hugging his son tightly in his arms.“You would only go to your mother once I am gone, Youngjae-ah”

“Dad, you will recover right? I will be around to take care of you after school! ”Youngjae looked at his father, smiling as his father ruffled his hair.

“I will recover Youngjae…” His father lied- but it didn’t matter. He was glad to see his son happy.

Once Youngjae left, his father started to cry.

“I am sorry Youngjae…”

 

 

 

 

'How am I supposed to tell you I am diagnosed with lung cancer at its last stage?'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Youngjae?”

“Yes dad?”

“Goodbye Youngjae” Youngjae panicked, seeing his father waving at him.

“Goodbye?” Youngjae shook his head and ran to him. “You can’t leave me-“

“Go to your mother, I am gone now” Everything turned chaotic as Youngjae screamed for his father.

“Dad?” It was pitch black-Youngjae couldn’t see anything. He didn’t like being without his father, he didn’t want to part from his father. He cried and continued to shout for his father.

“Dad! Dad! Dad!-“

 

 

 

 

“Dad!”

“Youngjae!” Youngjae was awaken by the loud voice of his Physics Teacher, bowing remorsefully at him who sighed softly. He felt relieved – it was only a dream. He had been staying up late to look after his father and was rushing from the hospital to his home to get ready for school. He didn’t mind not having much rest for his father but his father was very concerned and worried about his son's health. That was why he wasn’t going to the hospital after schoo todayl- but Youngjae was going to be on library duty today. He felt he need to do something productive than rest, what is more productive for him than doing extra duty ( He tend to study while on duty since he already knew there are not many students borrowing books after school…the students rather go to the public library nearby after school)

“I am sorry Mr-“

“Don’t be worried about your dad alright-“

“Youngjae wants his dad, aww how cute-“Mr Yu smacked Taehyun, the student who was seated in front with his book and glared at him.

“Don’t make fun of him” Mr Yu gestured for Youngjae to sit down.

“Now pay attention Youngjae-ah!”

 

 

~~~

 

 

Yoo Youngjae seated on the bench with his head lowered, attentively watching his classmates running around the court in twos. He turned his head, looking at Mr Choi standing firmly with his legs planted to the ground, arms folded as he squinted his eyes at the students. Youngjae was exempted from doing any physical activities- his father told him it was because he had a minor inflammation in his lungs that he couldn’t take such vigorous activities in school.

 “I hope you are fine Dad” Youngjae thought, clenching his fist as he placed his hand over his heart. His father had been hospitalised and he had been visiting him every single day if he could, coming back home to be greeted by his caring and understanding neighbours who were very close to his father and him.

“Yah, close up the gaps!” He shrieked at the students before glancing over at Youngjae. “You’re alright Youngjae?”

“Yes Mr Choi” The teacher gave him a grin and nodded at him, shaking his head as he turned to his students who were obediently running- well some were whispering and gossiping to one another, pointing at their gym teacher.

“I just wish they would respect me like Youngjae” His blood boiling hearing a voice calling ‘Angry Monkey Choi’.

“Argh who said that!” Mr Choi shouted, turning to Youngjae who shrugged his shoulders before innocently replying ‘Oh…Jonghyun’.

“Yah Jonghyun come here, drop and give me twenty go! You need to join the others in a game of soccer quickly” Jonghyun hissed, glaring at Youngjae who earned himself a pat on the back from Mr Choi.

“Thanks Youngjae”

 

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

“Hey JaeJae” Youngjae jolted at the soft voice, sighing when he saw the class joker- Namjoon behind him. It was during their break-Youngjae and Namjoon would usually spend their break together ever since they were from middle school.

“Are you alright? It’s only been two days since your father got hospitalised- you have been sleeping in class more.”

“I am just worried, I am fine-“

“Aww, still worried over your daddy?” The delinquent group who teased Youngjae earlier broke into laughter.

One of the group members, Taehyun, mimicking Youngjae when hewas caught sleeping in class and waking up screaming for his father.

“….Ah Dad! Dad!” Youngjae clenched his teeth, wanting so much to punch the whole group or just send them to space, just like what his father said about his boss and his backstabbing colleagues. He suppressed his anger, remembering his father’s words.

 

 

“Be nice Youngjae, no matter how hard you want to kick them or hit them, you have to be nice to them. Be patient”

 

Namjoon rolled his eyes at the group and pulled out a chair beside Youngjae.

“Hey, ignore them alright? They shouldn’t be talking bad about you and your father.”

“It’s hard, and my father is sick” Youngjae grumbled under his breath. “Can they please just stop talking-“

“Oh oh Dad, I have a bubu on my hand, please kiss the pain away-“

“Oh oh, Dad, please help me because I am a useless boy”

“Oh oh Dad, I am still a baby boy-“

“What if your dad is gone huh, would you still be begging-“

“Hey!”Namjoon frowned at them, glancing at Youngjae who looked like he was going to cry. “That went too far! There is nothing wrong with Youngjae worrying about his dad”

“Haha, what do you mean, you meant his dad would be gone soon”

“Don’t be so mean, his father is sick-“

“Stop…” Youngjae was holding back his tears, clenching his fist tightly as he tried to calm himself down. He was not going to let anyone tease his dad like that, it was painful knowing it could come true since his father was already hospitalised with pneumonia.

“Please” He was praying now, hoping his father was alright and was recovering. He was looking at Namjoon, who stood up for him.

“Shut up, Youngjae didn’t do anything to you-“

“So, it’s none of your business, we are just teasing him-“

“Then you guys better shut up.” Youngjae’s ears perked up at the familiar voice, surprised to see Daehyun in his seat, looking extremely pissed off at the group.

“Daehyun-“

“Apologize to him right now, you shouldn’t about his father. For your information, he has been hospitalised. Please, be more sensitive to your classmates” The group groaned and left the classroom- knowing the vice-president would write on them for mischievous act if they continued to bully the innocent Yoo Youngjae.

Youngjae looked at Daehyun in awe, flustered to see the vice-president looking at him.

“You alright there Youngjae?” Youngjae nodded quickly. He was happy to see Daehyun smiling at him.

“If they ever tease you again, you can come look for me alright?”

“Yeah…” Namjoon lifted an eyebrow, chuckling seeing Youngjae blushing after Daehyun spoke to him and returned to do his own work. Youngjae was smiling widely-he felt too happy to know that Daehyun was looking out for him. Youngjae glanced over to vice-president, thinking he must have be taking care of him since he was the vice-president after all.

“Hey Youngjae, I am here remember?” Namjoon spoke and smirked at Youngjae.”Looks like you made a new friend huh?”

“Shh” Youngjae shook his head and looked away. “ I don’t know what you’re talking about-“

“Then Daehyun-“

 

“He’s special”

 

Youngjae replied loudly without thinking, gulping once he realised what he had just said . His cheeks turned red once he looked at Namjoon who smiled widely at him.

“Special, Youngjae?”

“Shut up!” Youngjae hit Namjoon’s arm and stood up. He became more flustered seeing Daehyun, who had turned behind to look at him, smiling brightly at him.

“I-I am going to the toilet!” Namjoon chuckled as he watched Youngjae running off without another word. He shook his head.

“Why is he so shy to admit? Ah, Youngjae…”

 

 

At the end of the lesson, Youngjae received another post-it.

This time, it had a small angry face at the start of the message and had a cute drawing of Youngjae’s face- the person drew him smiling with his eyes closed.

 

“Those boys are just heartless, don’t listen to them!

I hope you’re alright. I am sorry I can’t protect you..

I am glad Namjoon was with you today. Stay strong Youngjae,-ah I know you are a tough person ^^

Remember I am here for you^^”

 

Youngjae stifled a chuckle, he couldn’t deny that the post-its he had received was incredibly cute. He felt really happy- the person who sent him the post-its was really sweet and, Youngjae was guessing, adorable.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry the update was a little late!

Thank you for liking, commenting, subscribing and upvoting the story^^

Don't get so worried about the foreword haha and just enjoy the story...

what I can tell you guys is that there will be sad moments

But when there are sad moments, there are also those happy moments:)

Have a great day ahead!