Books

Post-Its

“Here are Jongup and Jun Hong! Your assistants for today! Help me stack up some of the books to the new shelves alright? Remember, he is your senior!” The teacher librarian introduced the head librarian to the two new juniors joining the library board-two of them were smiling at Youngjae. The head librarian nodded at the teacher and looked at the two juniors. Youngjae thought they were extremely cute- even though the two had a very visibly height difference- they were just looking at him with a huge smile on their faces.

“I am Yoo Youngjae, your senior.”

“Good evening Youngjae hyung!” Both of them greeted him happily

“Good evening, let’s get to work.” They were following Youngjae around the library like puppies, obediently doing their job listening to Youngjae and stack the books neatly onto the shelves.

“Hey, isn’t that the student council’s vice president? He is always here…” Youngjae heard Jun Hong talking to Jongup and instantly turned around to see Daehyun quietly studying nearby.

“Oh, I didn’t know he has blue post-its” Youngjae blinked, suddenly realizing that the vice-president indeed has blue post-its and even used them to take down notes in class.

As if Daehyun had known that the head librarian was there, he looked up at Youngjae, giving him a gentle smile. Jongup and Jun Hong raised an eyebrow, looking at Youngjae who turned away bashfully before stalking away quickly behind the nearest bookshelf.

“Oh so …Youngjae hyung” Youngjae pursed his lips at Jun Hong and Jongup.

“Yeah?”

“You like the vice-president” Jun Hong and Jongup chuckled, seeing their cute senior turning his head away from them, before slowly nodding his head.

“Haha, yeah!-“

“You two are not to tell anyone about this, understand”

“Yes sir!” Jongup tapped Youngjae’s shoulder, leaning in to whisper softly into his ear as he peeked in between the empty spaces of the book shelves that gave a clear view of the students studying nearby.

“I think he likes you too hyung”

“Now don’t say that Jongup” Youngjae playfully hit his arm, ruffling Jongup’s hair as Jongup and Jun Hong grinned at him.

“Come on, don’t make fun of me, let’s go” Jongup glanced secretly through the empty spaces, looking away when he saw someone glaring at him.

“Did he just frowned at me?” Jongup lifted an eyebrow and was surprised to see Youngjae carrying a huge load of books with Jun Hong behind him.

“Hyung, let me help!” Youngjae smiled-he was grateful for having Jongup and Jun Hong to help me carry the stacks of books he needed to arrange on the shelves. The head librarian tend to do things all by himself- having people to help him sure lighten the burden he had of carrying the thick heavy books over to the shelves which were the furthest shelves away from the receptionist.

“Argh, why is there a lot of books coming in today?” Youngjae frowned, sighing as he placed the books down. He looked back, smiling apologetically to Jongup and Jun Hong who were slowly walking towards him with the heavy reference books.

“I am really sorry you guys” Youngjae scratched his head and chuckled nervously. “I made you carry these heavy books around”

“It’s okay, we are your assistants anyway!”

“No no, I don’t want to work you guys up so hard on your first day. Carrying books like these is a pain isn’t it?”

“Not really” Both of them replied and gave Youngjae a huge smile.

“Since we are helping you, we don’t mind going very difficult and hard tasks. Hyung worked too hard here, we noticed you doing the work all by yourself. That’s why we wanted to join the library board as your assistants!” Youngjae stared at his two bright students before him, he never felt so grateful and lucky to have such kind and caring juniors who thought of helping him. Jongup and Jun Hong were confused when Youngjae suddenly hugged the two tightly.

“Thank you Jun Hong and Jongup…I am fine, you didn’t need to worry about me at all” Youngjae was overwhelmed with happiness, he felt so fortunate to have come across such sweet people.

“All that matters to me is that you thought of me, thank you so much for looking out for me guys” Jongup and Jun Hong looked at each other instantaneously before hugging his hardworking senior back tightly.

“Aww hyung!”

“It’s okay hyung, we will always be there to help you”

“Thanks guys-“

“Hey!” Youngjae pulled away from Jongup and Jun Hong, waving embarrassedly at the teacher librarian who was fuming at them. The three became surprised when the teacher came over to ruffle Youngjae’s hair and smiled at them.

“Youngjae, there is another stack of books back at the counter. You go take those books while Jongup and Jun Hong would arrange the books here. I will be out for a while, alright? Sungjae is also on duty, he would be there manning the counter”

“Yes ma’am!” The three responded enthusiastically and watched as the teacher left the library.

“Oh okay” Youngjae spoke up. “You heard her, I will go take those books, arrange the books here alright?”

“Yes sir!” The head librarian chuckled at their reply and went off to the counter.

“Hmmm…”Youngjae went over to the counter, rushing over to the stack of books which was placed right next to Sungjae. He gasped loudly, seeing the huge mountain of books that he had to carry over to the shelves where Jongup and Jun Hong were at.

“I can do this!” He encouraged himself and took a deep breath before going over to Sungjae.

                                                          

 

 

                                                            

“Hey Youngjae!” Sungjae greeted him as he watched the head librarian carefully carrying the huge load of books on his own. He noticed Youngjae wobbling as he carried the books and got worried.

“Hey Sungjae!”

“Do you need any help there, Jae?” Sungjae offered to help him and sighed seeing the head librarian declining his help.

“Thank you for wanting to help but it’s alright! I am fine, you are on duty.” Youngjae smiled and gave him a light nod.

“See you Sungjae-ah!” Sungjae frowned as he sat back down. He shook his head, watching Youngjae walking away, struggling to keep the books from falling.

“There you go again, overworking yourself Youngjae….”

 

 

 

“Woah!” Youngjae tried hard to stable himself, gulping as he stood still, happy the books weren’t falling from his grasp.

“Man this is hard…”

“Hey do you need any help?” Youngjae shook his head and immediately replied to the question, too busy concentrating on the wobbly books he was carrying to notice who was talking to him.

“No, no, I told you Sungjae, I didn’t need any help”

“Well, I am not Sungjae” Youngjae blinked, surprised to see some of his books were taken away from him. He frowned and looked up at the person who was supposedly in front of him.

“Jongup, you-“The librarian froze, locking eyes with the one and only vice-president who stood before him.

“D-Daehyun?”

“Hey Youngjae” Youngjae furrowed his eyebrows and reached for the books which was in Daehyun’s grasp. He pouted unconsciously when Daehyun hid the books behind him and shook his head.

“It’s my job, you shouldn’t help me” He looked at Daehyun confusedly, puzzled to see the vice-president’s face turning redder.

“Daehyun, you’re alright?” Youngjae asked worriedly.

“No...I’m fine, I just….I needed these books for school” Daehyun was stuttering, looking away as he slightly pursed his lips together. The head librarian was suddenly feeling flustered by the vice-president’s cute respond and nodded.

“Oh-okay” Youngjae peeked over-the books Daehyun had were related to astronomy- a topic that wasn’t even in their syllabus. “You are learning Astronomy? But-“

“Oh!” Daehyun looked at the books he had and smiled sheepishly to Youngjae. “I wanted to learn more about the stars, it’s not for study. I ... I just like reading”

“Oh…” Youngjae looked up at Daehyun, grinning brightly as he found out the reason why the vice-president was always seen in the library.

“You are always here since you like reading right?” Daehyun paused for a moment before giving Youngjae one of his sweetest smile- that instantly melted Youngjae’s heart. The head librarian could feel his face burning up.

 

Why must the vice-president be so adorable?

 

 

“Yeah, well then, I see you around alright?” Daehyun waved his hand at Youngjae and slowly walked back to his studying area.

Youngjae went back to Jongup and Jun Hong, smiling like a fool as he remembered the moment he came across the vice-president earlier.

“Oh, hyung!” Jongup called out. “Why are you smiling to yourself-“

“I didn’t!” Youngjae denied and rushed over to his juniors to help them out with arranging the books in place. He gave the two a glare before putting a finger on his lips.

“Shush, I was just happy in my own daydream for a moment-“

“Is it about the vice-“

“No…” Youngjae stared at the two who widened their eyes when they saw their senior blush. The senior turned away and quietly went to work to arranging the books on the shelves.

The juniors looked at each other.

“Aww hyung!”

“I told you guys to keep quiet about it!”

 

 

 

 

 

“Did something happen today Youngjae?” His father asked- he was worried seeing his son visiting him with a solemn face.

“No-nothing…”

“Don’t lie to me, something is up” Youngjae looked at his father’s concerned face and half-heartedly smiled.

“They teased me”

“Don’t listen to them okay” Youngjae nodded, smiling brightly at his father. “Remember I love you alright?

“But…Dad, you are feeling better right?”

 

His father paused, staring at his son’s beautiful face before giving him a weak smile.

 

“Yeah, whenever you come to visit me, Youngjae. I always feel so much better seeing you here”

 

 

 

 

The next day, Youngjae felt more tired than usual. He didn't know why he would always doze off to sleep during classes again- he thought his efforts to make him stop sleeping in class would have work. He bowed at Ms Song apologetically, getting soft giggles from his classmates who were seated around him. He excused himself to go and wash his face and made his way briskly to the toilet. He was able to catch a glimpse of the vice-president who seemed nonchalant about him getting caught sleeping, too engrossed in writing down something somewhere on his table. His heart sank a little, knowing he didn’t get the attention he wanted.

"Ah..." He placed a hand over his chest, calmly breathing in and out to let more oxygen flow into his lungs. He leaned over the sink, squeezing his eyes shut as he took a long deep breath. Once the sudden chest pain stopped, he looked at his reflection in the mirror and frowned at himself.

"Come on Youngjae, you have to stay awake! You are always sleepy!" He told himself ardently in the toilet, relieved that he was the only one there. He rushed back to class and was bowing non-stop to Ms Song, cheekily smiling at her before running to his seat.

He sighed when he slumped in his seat, looking at the whiteboard Ms Song was writing on. As he was about to copy down what she wrote, he noticed a familiar blue post-it at the corner of his eye. Now, it was placed right at the top left hand side of his table. Youngjae quickly took the note away from his table, looking around secretively before reading the note.


What he didn't noticed was the Vice President’s big smile seeing him reading the post it.

 



"Youngjae-ah, try to stay awake alright? Sleep early next time!

 Don't feel bad about them laughing at you, I will knock your head the next time you fall asleep! ^^"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey guys, I think you guys have heard about what B.A.P is going through now.

Let's be there for them alright^^

#foreverwithBAP #foreverwithyou

 

Hope you like the update, there would only be a few more chapters left

so I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter

Have a great day ahead and let's support B.A.P!:)