Soccer

Post-Its

 

 

Jonghyun looked at the only student who was exempted from physical activities in his class, his lips curled up into a big smirk as he hatched a plan for his payback. He had gotten in detention just because of his ‘bad behaviour’ Youngjae had pointed out last week.As soon as he finished the twenty push ups, he apologised to Mr Choi for his bad behaviour-before going off to his team who was waiting for him. Mr Choi rolled his eyes- he knew students who meant their apology or not.

“Don’t do anything stupid Jonghyun!” Jonghyun didn’t reply instead he just smiled at the teacher, like he just got complimented by him. Youngjae was busy watching the other team talking, not surprised to see Daehyun becoming the prominent leader among them. He was the only one talking to them, using hand gestures to explain his tactics and strategies to his teammates. He noticed the other team is doing the same thing, knowing the stake of winning was high since Mr Choi would always have a dreadful and embarrassing forfeit for the losing team.

"Okay everyone in position? Make the best team wins alright?" Mr Choi dropped the soccer ball down and clapped his hands before gesturing to Jonghyun's team. Youngjae bit his lips, thinking that Daehyun looked rather masculine and adorable doing the group cheer of jumping three times and yelling 'Victory' out loud together as a team. He giggled, liking how happy Daehyun looked after the cheer. He wished to see more of his precious smile.

"Go Jung Daehyun !" Youngjae shouted out of the sudden before quickly sitting himself down, cheeks burning from embarrassment. 

"They would start first okay"

"Yeah" Jonghyun nodded, signaling his team member to pass the ball to him. He glanced at Youngjae, who seemed engrossed in staring at the other team, not knowing he was paying attentively to a particular opposing member of his. He clenched his teeth before turning to concentrate on the game, dribbling the ball swiftly across the field. Jonghyun accidentally pushed one of the opposing team member down and Mr Choi whistled for a foul.

"What?!-"

"It's a foul" he pushed Daehyun away, scoffing at his efforts to make him believe he was in the wrong. Daehyun glared at him before going over to Kangjun to see if he was okay. He then stationed himself near the left side of the field, turning around to make sure he was some distance near the lone student on the bench.

"What's wrong?" Mr Choi sighed loudly, watching Jonghyun coming up to him with the ball. Youngjae frowned, shaking his head hearing Jonghyun stubbornly not admitting his wrong to Mr Choi. He bit his lips, looking over at the others who were all either ignoring Jonghyun or were just watching him. He felt pleased seeing Daehyun close by but he was still upset over the fact Jonghyun was still arguing over the matter. It was just a game, but he knew the guy always took things too seriously. 

"You pushed Kangjun down,Jonghyun-ah, that's a foul" Youngjae shouted at him innocently, hoping he would understand why he was wrong.

"Oh?" Jonghyun smirked at Youngjae and placed the ball down. Mr Choi nodded, gesturing at him to Jonghyun.

"Yes, it's a foul kid. You have a yellow card now-"

"Youngjae, you should really know when to shut your pipe hole!" Mr Choi gasped seeing Jonghyun kicking the ball forcefully out of the blue to Youngjae. Youngjae blinked, taking a while to realize that there was a fast-rotating ball heading towards him and shut his eyes with hands covering his face.

"Youngjae!"

He remembered hearing someone running towards him and couldn't feel any pain afterwards, opening his eyes to see through the gaps between his fingers to see a back of a sweaty gym shirt before him. Youngjae watched as the person before him fell on his bum, quickly going over to him to ask if he was alright. He gasped softly, surprised to see the vice-president smiling weakly up at him, with the ball in his red hands.

"Dae-Daehyun?!"

"Hey Youngjae...wow... That was a powerful shot Jonghyun... So strong." Youngjae helped Daehyun up and looked at him worriedly as he rubbed the dirt and grass of his . He reached out to hold Daehyun's arm, wanting to look at his palms that turned bright red due to the impact of saving the strong ball from Jonghyun.

"Are you alright Daehyun?"

"It's nothing"

"They are red, the ball must have been-"

"It's okay"Youngjae looked up at him, blushing as Daehyun patted his head happily.

"I was worried about you, no need to worry" He spoke with a big grin before looking straight into Youngjae's pretty doe eyes.

"You are fine right? You didn't get hurt or anything, right?"Youngjae nodded slowly, feeling flustered hearing his soft sweet voice.

"But you are the one who got hurt." He replied softly, his eyes not leaving Daehyun.

"Well it doesn't matter, you didn't get hurt right?"

"Y-Yeah"

"Good" Youngjae watched as Daehyun walked away from him.

 

 

"Thank you Daehyun...again.."

 

 

 

 




"Hey you little " Youngjae shook at the harsh voice, turning around reluctantly to see Jonghyun sniggering at him. He was with his band of friends, otherwise known as the school's most recalcitrant group of students. While other students would label them as 'ruthless', 'disobedient', 'rebels' and 'troublemakers', Youngjae would always referred them as 'bullies'. No one would want to mess with them, the thing was no one dared to. He knew he was going to be in hot water with them after being the so called 'nice student' for Mr Choi. It wasn't the first time Youngjae was called by them yet he still felt terrified thinking of the teasing and the beatings he was going to get from them.

"Well, you do know that you are being called Youngjae" Jonghyun chuckled, leading his gang towards Youngjae. The latter gulped, seeing people quickly fleeing the corridors knowing what was about to go down. It was never a good thing for them to call you out.

"You got me a foul. Nice going there. You knew that you shouldn't have interfere right? You should have just.... Let it go, and let me tackle him. Your big mouth got me detention, you know?"

"Well...." Youngjae backed away from him, keeping his eyes glued to the ground. He didn't want to look at the smug faces that was just waiting for him to crack and beat the heck out of him.

"You are, technically the one who kicked the ball out and was clearly purposely trying to hit me but then Daehyun came-" He stuttered and flinched hearing a fist slamming the locker right next to him.

"He blocked it from me and...And..."

"And what?!"

"He got injured... You got Kangjun injured too by tackling him. You are supposed to get a yellow card only but-"

"Listen up you twit. I have enough of you rambling on what I have done wrong or maybe telling me what I have done wrong. I think you would need a lesson for opening your big mouth" Youngjae whimpered in pain as Jonghyun gave him a punch in the stomach before roughly pulling his face up to look at him.

"You do know you are actually a cutie Youngjae. A cutie with a big mouth." Jonghyun tilted his head, smiling sinisterly as Youngjae shook his head violently. His hands were trying to loosen his death grip on his chin.

"Aww how cute guys. He's trying to fight me." Jonghyun let go, chuckling as he watch Youngjae shiver before him.

"Youngjae" Youngjae was then pushed down on the floor before getting a tight slap right across his cheek. He looked up to see Jonghyun glaring down at him, looking angrier than before.

"You know what? I wanna have my fun with you then. Guys, this one is mine. I'll share with you guys once I am done with him-"

Youngjae was hugging himself, tears falling as he silently prayed for someone to come and rescue him. He didn't want to remember how it was like getting bullied by Jonghyun a month ago, he didn't want to get into trouble with him.


But he couldn't help himself being the helpful and obedient student to his teachers.

"Jonghyun!" Youngjae's heart froze, hearing the familiar soft and lovely voice he always love to listen.

"Ah, Jung-"

"Get the away from him now! All of you to the office now!"

"Yeah right, I want to have fun with him first-"

"You better listen to me Jonghyun!"

Youngjae sniffed as he heard them running away, tightening his arms around himself. He kept telling himself it was alright, he was safe but he couldn't stop thinking of his bad ordeal being bullied before. He almost shouted feeling a hand on his shoulder.

 

 

 

 

 

 




"Youngjae" he looked up, surprised to see a sad -looking Daehyun crouching before him.He looked away, feeling embarrassed and ashamed for letting his crush see him so vulnerable like this.

"I-I-"

"Youngjae, I am sorry"

"Huh?"

"I should have come earlier. I-"

"It's okay"

"You saved me "

"Does it hurt? I am sorry, I got you hurt-"

"No no it's fine, it’s my fault, I’m not hurt-"

"Shh..." Youngjae stared into Daehyun's glassy eyes, wondering why they looked so sad when he felt being pulled into an embrace, warms arms tightly wrapped around him. He gave into the warmth, attentively snuggling himself into the embrace- liking how his hair was gently caressed and how beautiful Daehyun's voice in his ears, whispering those sweet words of holding on and 'I'm sorry' s. 

"I-It's okay" Youngjae whispered, only to get his heart beating so quickly and his mind going haywire realising he was indeed hugging Jung Daehyun. He looked up with his wide does eyes, gazing at the handsome Vice President smiling down at him.


"It's not okay when I let you get hurt Youngjae"

"Don't worry…”

"You've been through enough pain Youngjae" Daehyun sat down next to him and gazed at him intensely.

“I worry about you Youngjae”

“Huh?” Youngjae chuckled nervously although he did feel touched that Daehyun indeed cares about him. “You shouldn’t-“

“Don’t you know why I tend to look after you?” Youngjae tilted his head, looking confusedly at Daehyun who was staring at him pleadingly.

“B-Because… you’re a nice person”Youngjae spoke what he thought was true, his heart slowly sinking when Daehyun hesitantly nodded at his answer.

“Y-Yeah…b-but…” Daehyun shook his head and smiled at Youngjae. “D-Don’t you think that there is another reason why I tend to be concerned about you?”

“Or why I have blue post-its…” Youngjae heard Daehyun softly mumbling and started to thinking deeply for the reason.

“Another reason…” Youngjae frowned and pouted for a moment as he thought about the ‘other reason’- he was unaware that Daehyun was busy looking at him, thinking of how cute the head librarian was pouting in thought.

“You’re…you’re the vice president... it is your duty to care for the students” Youngjae looked at Daehyun expectantly, hoping he got the answer correct-but Daehyun just smiled gently at him.

“Yeah” Daehyun muttered softly. “I-It’s because it is my duty to protect you”

“Thanks for being on duty” Youngjae politely thanked Daehyun and gave him a huge smile. “I really appreciate that you cared for me”

“I am always there for you remember?” Daehyun turned to Youngjae and leaned in closer to him.

“I am always there to look after you. You matter to me a lot, Youngjae” As he gazing into Daehyun’s eyes, Youngjae watched Daehyun coming closer to him and suddenly felt a pair of lips lightly pressing against his forehead. He felt his heart wanted to explode as he looked on at Daehyun’s blushing face, when the latter pulled away from him.

“I-I see you later Youngjae” With that, Daehyun patted his head and stood up. Youngjae smiled, holding back his squeals when Daehyun was still looking at him with his soft smile as he walked away- he almost got a shock seeing the vice-president accidently bumping into Namjoon who was heading towards him. Once Namjoon came to Youngjae’s side, Daehyun did a final wave and turned his back against Youngjae.

“Looks like you really got Daehyun’s attention…” Namjoon commented and looked over to Youngjae who was smiling at himself.

“Youngjae? You alright?”

“You know the post-its I told you about?”

“Yeah…?”

“I-I think…” Youngjae smiled brightly to Namjoon with the image of the dashing vice president in mind.

 

 

 

 

“I think I know whose behind the person who gave me the post-its…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here's another update!^^

hope you guys like it

Thank you to those who commented, subscribed and upvoted<3

have a great day ahead!^^

oh oh and let's be friends alright^^

 

Let's hope for the best for BAP!^^

#foreverwithBAP #JusticeforBAP