The First Time

Post-Its

“Oh no! I am late again! Walk quickly, yes I have to, Ms Song’s lesson- no my time table!”


Youngjae gasped as his timetable flew away from his hand. He knew he shouldn't be holding onto his school's timetable but he was late and had forgotten to place the important piece of paper inside his bag. It was the second semester of his first year in high school -he didn’t plan on being late yet again on the first day of school  or losing his precious timetable. He turned around, eyes widening at the newly elected vice-president chanced upon a particular class schedule he saw lying on the floor and picked it up instinctively.

It had scribbles on it, although the writing was messy, Daehyun was able to read the words pointed to the first class of each day of the school week. He chuckled at the cute writing of 'Don't be late!!!" He furrowed his eyebrows- his class was strangely similar to his.

"I-I am sorry!"He lifted his head up, staring at the student running towards him.

Youngjae’s heart was racing and he started to feel butterflies in his stomach seeing the student who he supposedly still had a crush on since last year. The vice –president was met with a pair of beautiful sparkling doe eyes, watching the rather endearing student biting his lips as he looked down at the paper he was holding in his hand.

"My schedule... Your hand... Erm..."

"This is yours I presume?" Daehyun handed him the paper. Youngjae happily took the piece of paper from him, hugging it to his chest preciously like a child getting his favourite toy from his parents.

"T-Thank you vice-president!" Youngjae was blushing as he looked up at Daehyun, liking the fact that he was actually smiling at him. At him.

"Y-your welcome-"

"Yoo Youngjae" Both of them turned around, seeing the discipline mistress Ms Han with her arms folded glaring at them. Youngjae gulped, this was not good at all.

"Ahh..." Daehyun watched the student bowing at Ms Han, holding back a smile seeing Youngjae scratching his head cutely at her.

"Ms Han-"

"You're late as always, Mr Yoo" Ms Han spoke sternly, particularly to Youngjae, before smiling at Daehyun.

"Daehyun, you're on time. You can make your way to class while I deal with Mr Yoo here"

"B-But, I got here on time-" Youngjae interrupted, frowning at Ms Han who sneered at him.

"No you didn't" Daehyun was about to speak up but the latter just nodded obsequiously before walking away from them. Youngjae was used to this- he was always counted as late everyday- teachers didn’t like to be lenient on him except for the members of the student council.Ms Han turned to the vice-president, grinning happily at him as she waved her hand.

“See you around vice-president” He forced a smile to the teacher, bowing uncomfortably as she winked at him. Daehyun turned away from her and focused his gaze on the back of the student striding away from him, busy trying to place his timetable in his file. He stuffed his hands inside his pockets, stalking behind Youngjae quietly as he walked to class, secretly smiling to himself.

Youngjae’s efforts to be early to school always failed, no matter how early he woke up –he just had to fall asleep again. He braced himself as he walked into the class, half expecting a terrible scolding from his teacher. He was quick to bow at the teacher who was inside the class before saluting at him.

“Mr Kim! I am sorry I’m late!” Mr Kim looked at his class who stifled a small giggle seeing Youngjae. It was no surprise Youngjae would be late in class. Mr Kim folded his arms, breaking into a small smile seeing the student bowing repeatedly at him.

“I am sorry, I am sorry-“He looked up from the student, looking behind him noticing a special golden plated badge on his collar. Mr Kim scratched his head, smirking catching Jung Daehyun smiling little too brightly at the remorseful Yoo Youngjae.

“Hey, Youngjae-ah, stop bowing.” Mr Kim chuckled, seeing Youngjae blinking at him. “Jung Daehyun, Yoo Youngjae, go to your seats now. I am in the middle of teaching the students here in the wonderful world of Chemistry-“

The class grunted at Mr Kim who in turn lifted an eyebrow at them.

“Hey Hey Hey, listen to me. Chemistry is fun alright? It is important if you want to take medicine in university, be a doctor … Elements you know! Bombs! Explosions!” The class nodded obediently at Mr Kim who smirked in victory. “Now let’s get started! Go to your seats now”

Youngjae hurriedly went to his seat, pulling out the materials he needed for school. He sneaked a glance at the person who was seated diagonally beside him. He quickly looked down at his notebook when he caught him looking at him. Youngjae bit his lips, he was busy calm his fluttering heart down.

He was busy paying attention to the teacher, occasionally writing on his notebook. He had black hair, neatly combed up and beautiful soft eyes that would just melt Youngjae inside whenever he got to look at them. Youngjae thought today must be his lucky day, he finally got to talk to Jung Daehyun for the very first time.

Daehyun turned around, looking at Youngjae who was seated diagonally behind him. He frowned, feeling bad that Ms Han had wronged him earlier for being late even though it seemed Youngjae was right on time. And even if Youngjae is late, he would technically be late as well because he was right behind Youngjae when he was walking into the school premises.

“But…. he wouldn’t want me to worry about him… “He sighed. Youngjae had a reputation of not wanting to be bothersome to others, even though he might get teased a lot. Daehyun reluctantly took out his stack of blue post-its he had right beside him, the small blue paper he would use for taking down important notes during lessons. He paused for a moment and his lips, casually glancing at Youngjae frowning at Mr Kim in his bid to try to make sense of what he was talking about. He grinned to himself, searching his pencil case for a black pen as he carefully wrote down on his post-it.

Youngjae noticed the blue post-it hanging by the side of his table and took the mysterious post-it away. He looked around, wondering who would thought about giving a note to him and read the note softly to himself.



"Alright there Youngjae-ah? It's okay, I saw you when I came here. You are cute, always bowing at the teacher for being late every day. Have a good day ahead and smile!^^"

 

 

 Youngjae blinked at the post-it, looking around once again before grinning widely to himself.

“How thoughtful of this person” He thought as he chuckled at the small post –it and placed it carefully in his folder.

“I shall cherish you… you are the first ever post-it I received from someone I don’t know" Youngjae whispered to himself and got up from his seat, smiling.

 

 

“It feels good to know that there are still someone looking out for me in my class…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

Youngjae sat idly on the couch, standing up once he heard the door open. He frowned at the older man entering the house but he ended up smiling weakly at him, seeing his father’s pale face.

“Youngjae-ah”

“Father, you look tired and sick” His father gave him a small smile and shook his head.

“Youngjae, you worry a lot about your old man here. Hey, I know you love me my cute little Jae” Youngjae grinned as his father ruffled his hair.

‘I really do Father” Youngjae giggled and gave his father his biggest smile. “I really do love you”

Mr Yoo blinked at his beloved son and embraced him tightly in his arms. He knew he love his son so much that he would give the world to him, his son was everything to him. That was why he quit smoking and was spending time with his neighbours more. He was living fulfillingly by helping the neighbours run their Ramen shop and also spending more time with his son.

Nothing else mattered to him than seeing the beautiful smile of his own son each day that to tell him that he was happy.

 

“I love you too son”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hoped you enjoy reading this:)

I really appreciate those who subscribed, commented and upvoted! Thank you so much^^

and have a nice day:D