Chapter 04

365 Days Before Death

A couple hours later, Xiumin's omma made soup, but Yuri kepted on throwing up. Xiumin was the one who fed her. "Don't push yourself too hard," Xiumin replies, "You need some rest when you're sick." The front door slammed open, Xiumin's friends arrived. "Minseok-ah, you ditched school again?" Sehun asked. "I had to," Xiumin replies, "I have to take care of Jiyeon." Xiumin's friend left the apartment, "Go with your friends," Yuri replies, "I can eat myself." "But, I'm worried about you." Xiumin said. "But, I'm, mostly worried about you." Yuri said. No matter how Yuri asked Xiumin to leave, yet, he refused.

During the evening, Xiumin left the apartment and Yuri's omma came back while Jihee was at her aunt's house. "Where is Jihee?" Yuri's appa asks, "Why isn't Jihee home?" "Jihee and Jiyeon have problems with each other, so I sent Jihee to my sister's place for now." her omma said. "Wouldn't Jihee miss us?" her appa asked. "Jihee is more attracted to my sister, by the way we do look alike." her omma replies. Yuri was in bed for the rest of the day, she basically ate nothing, not even rice porridge.

On Tuesday, Yuri didn't arrive to school, Xiumin looked around the school and Yuri wasn't at school. 'Looks like she's fallen ill again.' Xiumin thought. Since Yuri was sick, her aunt was there to take care of her. Jihee was sent to a daycare instead of being watched by her aunt. Then, at lunch, Xiumin got a call from Yuri. "Hello?" "Hey, Minseok-ah, it's me." Yuri said. "Jiyeon-ah, why are you calling me right now? I'm having lunch." "Doesn't matter, there's something important that I want to talk about." Yuri snapped. "Okay, okay calm down, just wait until I sit at a table." Xiumin replied, taking a seat at a table. "Listen, my aunt is here and Jihee's not here," Yuri replies, "We have the same professor, right?" "Of course, we're always placed in the same classes every year," Xiumin replies, "Why? You need today's assignments?" "Yes, I do, if there's any, then tell me at the apartment." Yuri said. Xiumin hung up, then he thought about something.

After school, Xiumin decided to see Yuri. He entered the house and found Yuri in the room. "Hey, where's Jihee?" Xiumin asked. "Jihee is with my aunt," Yuri replies, "Since Jihee and I have problems with each other, omma decided that Jihee should be with my aunt." Yuri said. "Oh, there's no assignments by the way." Xiumin replied. "I think you can go home now," Yuri replies, "Your omma is probaly really worried." Xiumin left the apartment and returned home, Yuri got better within a couple hours and she was able to eat dinner with her family again. But, Jihee came back to the apartment and stayed with her original parents.

A couple months or weeks later...

"School's almosted over," Yuri replies, "His operation should be in a couple more months." Yuri left the apartment, she ran to school and she met Xiumin in the classroom. At lunch, Xiumin and Yuri sat by each other. "I have the operation in one more month, when my heart disease is over, I'm going to the beach with you." Xiumin whispers.