Chapter 03

365 Days Before Death

It was Sunday, just one more day until school comes back. "Jiyeon-ah," Xiumin replies, walking with Yuri, "Are you alright? You seem to be really upset." "I'm fine, it's just that I hate that Jihee and omma calls me Jiyeon, but I'm okay with you calling me Jiyeon." Yuri explains. "Well...uh Jiyeon-ah, can I ask you one favor?" Xiumin asked. "Sure, but let's find a bench for us to sit on." Yuri said. Xiumin and Yuri went into the park when they had the picnic, the bench was filled with leaves. "Maybe in the shade," Xiumin replies, "That'll be nice." Yuri took a seat right next to him, she fixed her hair when the harsh wind was blowing in her face. "Minseok-ah, so what kind of favor do you want me to do for you?" Yuri asked. "Jiyeon, I just wanna ask," Xiumin replies, "Will you be on my side forever?" "Why do you ask?" Yuri asked. "I just want you with me all the time," Xiumin replies, "You are my rainbow on a rainy day." "You always said that you wanted to go to the beach with me." Yuri said. "I know, I really want to, but I just want my heart disease to leave me, so we can ride bikes when we go to the beach together." Xiumin said.

Yuri and Xiumin went to the cafe to talk about the operation. But, they also asked for a private place to enjoy their desserts. "Take my cake, Jiyeon, I can't eat cake when I have a heart disease." Xiumin replied, taking a sip of coffee. "Why can't you eat cake?" Yuri asked. "Well, I mean I can have some cake, but I can only have the ones my heart can accept." Xiumin said, taking a pill out. "Aish...well, it's kinda hard for you then." Yuri said, trying to be honest. "Do you want me to walk you home?" Xiumin asked, wiping his mouth with a napkin. "No, it's okay, I'll walk you home and I'll walk by myself when I send you home." Yuri replied, finishing a last piece of cake.

After hanging out at the cafe, Xiumin and Yuri walked back home. "Jiyeon-ah!" Jihee shouts, "Why were you gone so long?" "Aish!" Yuri shouts, "Just shiut your freakin' mouth already when I come home!" Then, Yuri's little sister started to cry, "Jihee, you're just fake crying, so just leave me alone!" Yuri protests. Yuri storms off into her room and locks the door again. "It's always Jiyeon this and Jiyeon that, why can't this nonsense just freakin' stop already?" Yuri asks herself. "Jiyeon, open the door and apologize to Jihee right now." her omma shouts though the door. "No way!" Yuri shouts back, "I don't even my little sister to sleep with me!"

During the evening, Yuri didn't eat dinner with her family. Instead, she packed all of her clothes, belongings, and everything else that she needed. 'I don't need this dump,' Yuri thought, 'I'm going to Minseok's house.' When everyone was getting ready for bed, Yuri hid in her covers and hid her duffle bag under her bed with a blanket over it. When Yuri's little sister, Jihee, fell asleep, she quietly grabbed the duffle bag and ran out of the apartment. Yuri looked back at the apartment, it wasn't too late to go back to her room. Then, Yuri tightened her grip on the bag and quietly left the apartment.

Yuri walked a couple blocks, then she reached Xiumin's mansion. She finally loosened the grip on the bag and walked to the doorstep. Yuri quietly knocked on the door and the butler answered the door. "Ms. Lee, aren't you supposed to be at home right now?" the butler asked. "My omma kicked me out of the apartment, so I have nowhere else to go right now." Yuri said, being honest. "Go on in my lady," he replies, "Sorry to keep you waiting." "Jiyeon," Xiumin's omma replies, "What are you doing here?" "My omma kicked me out of the apartment, I have nowhere else to go right now." Yuri said, bowing. "Minseok-ah, Jiyeon is going to live with us," Xiumin's omma replies, "Please go into the room we have prepared for you, Jiyeon." "Thank you." Yuri replied, bowing.

"Jiyeon, what are you doing here?" Xiumin asked. "Listen, I need to talk with you in the room your omma gave me," Yuri replies, "It's very important." Yuri runs into the room she was given, she drops the bag and sits on the bed. "Minseok, omma kicked me out of the apartment just for not apologizing to Jihee." Yuri explains. Xiumin grabs Yuri's wrist, "Grab your bag," Xiumin replies, "I sending you back home." Yuri pulled away from the grip, "Let me go," Yuri replies, "I don't want to be dragged around." "Doesn't matter," Xiumin replies, "I'm still taking you home." Xiumin grabs Yuri's wrist and held it tightly.

Yuri was sent back to the apartment, she quietly opened the door while Xiumin walked out of the apartment buliding. "Annyeong..." Yuri whispers. She quietly walked inside the house without waking anyone else up, but most of her things were in her room. Yuri changed out in the livingroom in her apartment she changed into her pajamas and slepted on the couch. Yuri hid the duffle bag under the couch so her omma wouldn't know that she snook out.

The morning after, Yuri didn't go to school since she got sick. Xiumin heard about Yuri getting sick, so he went to go visit her. "What happened to Jiyeon?" Xiumin asked. "Minseok, when it was morning, she was just flat on the ground," her omma explains, "Anyways, I have to take Jihee to school and I have to go to work, can you watch Jiyeon for me?" "Sure thing, Mrs. Lee." Xiumin said, nodding. "Okay then, thank you." Yuri's omma said, opening the front door. The door slammed, Xiumin took a seat on one of the chairs in the apartment. He walked over to Yuri he felt her forehead, 'Sheesh!' Xiumin thought, 'Her head is burning hot!' Xiumin pulled out his cell phone to call his omma, "Omma, can you come over to Jiyeon's house, I need your help." Xiumin said. "Minseok-ah, why are you at Jiyeon's house? And you forgot your pills at the house." his omma said. "Never mind that, omma, bring my pills and come to Jiyeon's apartment." Xiumin snapped. "All right, I'll be right there." his omma said. Xiumin hung up, a couple minutes later, Xiumin's omma came into the house. "Is Jiyeon alright?" his omma asked. "This morning, Jiyeon fainted." Xiumin explained. His omma hands him his pills, he jammed the pills in his pocket. "Well, Minseok, while I make the soup, can you carry Jiyeon into her room?" his omma asked. "Umma, I don't think I should do that, I might hold onto my chest if that happens." he said.