Don't forget me

Snsd one shot collection

Here I stood again.

On the exact same spot you stood before you left us.She was cold. Her breath fogging the cold night air as she exhaled. A warm woolen scarf wrapped tightly around her neck did little to prevent her from shivering. I removed my ear muffs and gloves and passed it to her. She stared at me.

"You seem cold" I said.

She continued to stare at me with those bright eyes that reminded me so much of you. She smiled, it was the almost the same as yours.

"It's ok the person I'm waiting for will be here soon" she said and smiled.

My vision started to get misty. I swallowed the tight lump in my throat and smiled at her. Ignorance is truly bliss.

"Then will you allow me to wait with you?" she stared at me again. "I'm waiting for someone to come back too"

"I see. I don't suppose I could refuse some company" she smiled again.

We stood and watch the world move pass our eyes. She occasionally tore her eyes away form the road to check her watch followed by flipping out her cell phone and dialing your number. No one answered her call.

No one ever would.

She places her phone back into her pocket. And continued to wait.

Day turned to dusk and soon the sun dipped below the horizon bringing with it whatever warmth it provided us with. She turned to me.

"Unnie. Who are you waiting for?"

I simply shrug my shoulders. "Someone very important to me."

"Has that person forgotten you're supposed to meet?"

I shrug my shoulders again. "I have no idea"

She watched me with confused eyes. And turned back to face the road. She will not forget she has to wait for you.

It was late. Not a soul was to be seen not a vehicle in sight. She was tired. She tried to call you once more. Yet the result was the same. No one answered. She smiled at me "Unnie, I'll be going home first. The person I'm waiting for is probably home." she smiled. She was right. You are home. She bowed slightly and left with a slight skip in her step humming your favorite tune.

I took out my planner. I struck of another day from the calendar. One hundred and sixty three days. For one hundred and sixty three days you have left us. For one hundred and sixty three days she had been standing here everyday waiting for you to return.

I looked up into the sky. A bright star was shining. A lone tear rolled from my eyes down my cheek. She was right. You were home and you are watching us now. I smiled.