Talking to him

Eternally

Taeyeon’s POV

I was watching TV with Sunny calmly, we didn’t have schedule and everybody was just doing something else. I hadn’t talked that much to Tiffany lately because we had been busy, we just saw each other at nights and what we only said was a simple “goodnight” or “sleep well”. There’s one thing that makes me really happy, her smile, the way she smiles at me feel the happiest person in the world. She is smiling again, which means we are okay.

“So, haven’t you figured out how to win her heart yet?” Sunny asked me, I sighed.

“Not exactly” I answered, these past days I had been breaking my brain thinking about it.

“Why don’t you bring her to an amusement park or something like that?” She suggested, I also thought about it but...

“We had already gone to Tokyo Disney, and we even flew to Orlando last year, I can’t remember if I told you, but, I wanted to confess my feelings to her there, I thought it would be pretty romantic” I said as I remembered our time there, it was the best trip I ever had, just Tiffany and I, alone, in Orlando, I couldn’t ask for anything better.

“Yes, it would have been” Sunny replied, we fell silent, we continued watched TV, Sunny stood up to go to the kitchen for some snacks, suddenly I had an idea.

“Sunny! Do you have by any chance Nichkhun’s number!?” I shouted then I heard something fell there and saw Sunny quickly coming back.

“What!? Nichkhun’s number!? Are you out of mind? What do you want to do?” she asked me, I laughed a little.

“Anything bad, do you have it?” I was kind of impatient, I wanted to call him.

“I don’t, why don’t you call Wooyoung or Taecyon and ask them?”   

 I nodded as I grabbed my phone and looked for their number, I called Wooyoung first, but he didn’t answer, I called him again and nothing, so I ended up calling Taecyon, and the same thing happened, he didn’t answer, I sighed in defeat.

Sunny put her hand on my shoulder. “Don’t worry Taeyeon, why don’t you just ask Tiffany?”

“NO!” I shouted. “Woah, relax Tae, I was just joking”. I didn’t want know what would Tiffany do if I asked her Nichkhun’s number... After that we just sat there fooling around and talking about random stuff, a few minutes passed when my phone rang, it was Taecyon.

“Taecyon?”

“Hey Taeyeon, how is it going?”

“Good, thanks, do you mind if I ask you for one thing?”

“Nope, I don’t, what is it?”

“Would you give me Nichkhun’s number please?”

“Does this have something to do with Tiffany?”

“O-of course not, I’m just curious about his number”

“Oh, really? I’m not giving it to you, then!”

“What?! Come on! Taecyon, please”

“I’m just kidding, I’ll text it to you, okay?”

“Thank you so much! You’re the best”

“Yeah, yeah, I know that, okay, talk to you later”

“Bye”.

I hung up and Sunny laughed, I pouted and she pinched my cheeks. “Seriously Taeyeon, you need to learn not to stutter” she told me. I received Taecyon’s message with Nichkhun’s number, I saved it.

“Are you going to call him now?” Sunny asked me.

“Yes, I want to meet him and have a little talk” I answered as I started to call him, unlike Wooyoung or Taecyon, he answered immediately.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Nichkhun?”

“Who is it?”

“Taeyeon”

“Oh, how are you Taeyeon?”

“Fine, thanks”

I was feeling pretty awkward, I felt weird, I didn’t know what to say.

“Did you want something?”

“Err, yes, do you think we can meet?”

“Yeah, I’m free today, what about you?”

“Me too”

“Then... Today?”

“Yes, do you mind going to SM building in 1 hour?”

“No, I’ll just make sure nobody follows me”

“Okay, see you there”

“Bye”.

That was the most awkward call I had ever had, Nichkhun and I barely talked, and most of the time Tiffany was there, but sometimes I felt excluded, she kept looking at him and trying to talk more to him.

“Wow Taeyeon, that made me feel awkward just by hearing you” Sunny spoke.

“I know, I don’t want our meeting to be like that, I wouldn’t know what to say! That would be worse” I hid my face in my hands.

“Tae, don’t worry, just be yourself, tell him what you have to tell him, talk to him as if he was another person, not Tiffany’s boyfriend” she advised me.

“Sunny, that’s the problem, I will talk to him as Tiffany’s boyfriend” I looked at her with a serious face.

“Taeyeon, exactly what are you going to tell him?” she seemed to be a little bit worried.

“Anything bad, trust me”. Sunny sighed, shook her head and she hugged me. “Please don’t do anything that would hurt Tiffany” she whispered letting go of the hug.

“Sunny, that’s nonsense, remember I’m trying to win her heart here” I patted her head and smiled, she smiled back and then I turned around to get ready for my meeting with Nichkhun.

“Besides, the last thing I want right now is her being hurt, she has been receiving a lot of hate comments since her relationship was revealed, she doesn’t deserve it” I turned around and looked at her with a serious face before going to my room.

 Normal POV

Taeyeon arrived first than Nichkhun, she sat in the waiting room, she was feeling a little bit nervous, she didn’t know at all how she was going to face the guy, what if she panicked out and couldn’t say anything, or what if she was impulsive and ended telling him everything she really thought about his relationship with Tiffany or worse, what if she punched him or insulted him, maybe she was just overthinking.

“Kim Taeyeon, you have to calm down, you can do this” she said to herself.

After a while, Nichkhun finally arrived, he was wearing a hat and sunglasses with a stylish scarf, she hated to admit it, but he looked really good, she remembered when Tiffany said he was handsome, and she wondered if Tiffany thought she dressed nice or stylish, if Tiffany thought she was ‘handsome’ even though she was a girl, but who said a girl couldn’t be handsome, she started to feel kind of insecure.

“Hey Taeyeon, it’s been a while” he greeted her with a bright smile, she took a deep breath.

“Hi Nichkhun, sorry I acted a little bit cold or awkward on the phone, it is just that it was the first time I called you” she tried to act normal.

“Oh it’s okay, it surprised me at first” he laughed and put his hand behind his neck. “So, what do you want to do? Or do you just want to talk?” he asked.

“Actually, I just wanted to talk” she replied trying not to stutter, he continued smiling, he sure smiles a lot... Like Tiffany, maybe that’s one or the reasons she likes him, Taeyeon thought. “Okay, then let’s talk”. They staying in silence for a while until she noticed she was the one who had to talk.

“What are we going to talk about?”

“Sorry, sorry, I was just lost in my thoughts, don’t mind me” she apologised quickly. Taeyeon took another breath and spoke.

“I... I wanted to tell you that I will be supporting your relationship with Tiffany” Taeyeon knew she wasn’t telling the truth, but she didn’t care. Nichkhun chuckled at the girl’s statement.

“Thank you, I’m glad, you could have told me that on the phone” he said, Taeyeon raised an eyebrow “Oh! But it is not like I didn’t want to meet you or anything, I didn’t mean it that way” he waved his hands hoping that he didn’t make her mad. “I ruined the moment, didn’t I?” Taeyeon giggled and shook her head.

“You are kind of funny” she blurted out. “To be honest, I wouldn’t feel comfortable telling you that on the phone, I’m the person who prefers to say things face to face” she said standing up of the chair.

“I’m glad Tiffany’s best friend approves me, I don’t know, for some reason I always thought you didn’t like me, I guess it was just me” he just nailed it.

“O-of course not, why would I?” Damn, I stuttered, I didn’t expect him to say that, but if he only knew... she thought.

“It’s because you seemed to be so protective over Tiffany and I don’t know... You just gave me that vibe” he explained.

“It is not that I dislike you, you are right, I’m kind of protective of Tiffany because she is my best friend and one of my members, I don’t care if you are handsome, a good guy or you are 2PM’s Nichkhun but if you hurt her in any way, I’ll make sure you regret it” she warned giving him a death glare, he stepped back as if he was afraid. It was silent again.

“You’re cute, you know that?” he laughed a little and Taeyeon was surprised, she didn’t expect him to tell her that.

“D-don’t try to avoid the topic, I’m trying to be serious here!” she replied. Then something caught their attention.

“Taeyeon, Nichkhun, what are you doing here?”

It was Tiffany.

----------------

So here's the fourth chapter, I will try to make the next chapters longer, I feel like the chapters are kind of short... anyways, thank you for subscribing, it means a lot to me ^^