04

Cyanide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris: “Can I see the ring?” knowing that it probably wouldn’t do much good but not willing to let go of any hope.

P.O: “Sure.” and showed Kris the ring.

When Kris saw the ring, his blood turned into ice, and he instantly hid his right hand behind his back.

P.O: “Do you recognize this?”   

Kris talked through his clenched teeth: “No.” Then more naturally asked: “Who cleared my name?”

P.O: “Bobby’s friend, he said he saw everything, and you didn’t do anything to Bobby.”

Kris nodded, thanked the police, and then left.

Something wasn’t right, last night; Kris had knocked out Bobby’s friend with a kick before Bobby was hit. His friend wouldn’t have known what happened to Bobby… and that ring. Kris took his ring off… that ring was a duplicate of his…he would’ve recognised that ring anywhere. For the first time in months Kris pulled out his cell phone and dialed a number he used to call all the time…

The other line picked up: “It’s been a while I was waiting for your call…”

Kris: “Where are you…”

*           *           *


Kris had went to the address he was given: “Tao, get out here.”

Someone stepped from the shadows: “Hello Kris.”

Kris took a close look at his former best friend; he looked like nothing Kris had remembered. The black haired playful panda in the past had been replaced by this white blondie with hollow eyes and a sunken face.

Kris: “What happened to you?”

Tao laughed: “Ha! What happened? Like you don’t know… I had begged, BEGGED you to not leave…”

Kris: “…I… We could’ve still kept in contact, you always said you wanted to leave China when we graduate…”

Tao laughed: “I wanted a lot of things Kris…and so far, I’ve gotten none of them.”

Kris decided that he’ll deal with his hurt friend later, right now; he was facing the possible murderer of Bobby and framer of Emilia.

“What was your ring doing near the murder site?”

Tao felt as if lightning had stuck his heart when Kris had so easily dismissed Tao’s pain, but Tao kept his composure and said: “Shouldn’t you have figured it out already? You are smart Kris… well at least you were before that girl came in your life…”

Kris felt a bitter taste in his mouth, not wanting his greatest fear to come true but saw that he had no choice, he said something he knew all along: “You killed him...”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter