03

Cyanide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Emilia woke up the next day with her head throbbing. What had happen last night? Kris called her out and---

“EMILIA KWANG GET DOWN HERE NOW!” she hopped off of her bed as if it had shocked her, and then ran downstairs. As she was going down the stairs her mind flooded thoughts of getting caught for going out last night, but right away she knew that it was something way more serious when she saw police officers… and Kris, behind them. Her mother was crying, and her father looked like a volcano trying not to erupt.

P.O (police): “Sorry for charging in this early in the morning, but something misfortunate has happened. Miss. Kwang would you mind telling us what happened last night?”

Emilia took a glance at Kris; he caught her eye and gave a small nod. Emilia spilled everything out, how she had met Kris, how he had took her out last night and how he had brought her home. She had pretty much told them everything she knew about Kris…leaving out the fact that she was madly in love with him… not like that would be any help.
 
After hearing everything the Police asked: “Are you sure that you just knocked him out?”

Emilia nodded: “Yeah, the rock hit his shoulder, he was already really sober so he passed out. Did something happen afterwards?”

P.O: “We found him dead this morning, after his friend came to us. Bobby’s death was caused by a hard strike on his head with a sharp rock. Most importantly we found this (Holding up Emilia’s silver bracelet) covered in blood beside the rock. Do you recognize this bracelet?”

Emilia finally got why the police was here. “Yes… it’s mine, but I didn’t kill him, I swear!”

P.O: “Nothing has been finalized yet, but sadly before we can find more evidence you and Kris will be under house arrest. You two will not be permitted to step a single foot outside this house without my permission. Please co-corporate with us.”

Emilia knowing that she didn’t have a choice, nodded, behind her she heard her mom cry harder.

The police then turned to Kris and said: “We will have to contact your parents.”

Kris nodded: “They’re in China…”

P.O: “That’s okay we will take care of everything.” Then stood up to leave. “We will inform you guys as soon as possible when we have new leads or evidence.”

Emilia felt tears in her eyes. This wasn’t supposed to happen; she was going to go to Harvard, and become a lawyer or a doctor. How was she supposed to get into Harvard with a criminal charge against her, or even worse, what if she ended up in jail? 

Kris came up to her, and wiped away the tear th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter