Jank, just for you.

Requested One Shots

            The bang, the clash, the blood, the clang. These were all sounds and images that Jungkook hasn’t been able to get out of his head.

            I wonder where she is. Jungkook thought to himself.

            This is something he couldn’t stop thinking about. It was a constant, it was a daily, it was a reminder. A reminder or She is out there somewhere.

            Jungkook never bothered with girls, the only time her did was when him and his best friend Kayla were forced to be best friends at age 10. Little third graders at the park, where two moms’ decided that their kids should get together. This was also an excuse for the moms’ to hang out, since they were also forced to be best friends at age 10 by their mom’s.

            “Who are you?” Jungkook stared the little girl down.

            “Who are you?!” She retorted.

            “Jungkook, Kayla, be nice now. You two will be seeing each other a lot. You might as well be nice.” Kayla’s mom said to the both of them. Then the two moms’ went to sit down and drink their Starbucks together at the bench, as the little kids were stranded at the playground.

            “Hi, I’m Kayla. Who are you?” She smiled at him, lifting her glasses up.

            “I’m Jungkook…” His face started to redden. He was never good with girls.

            “Why is your face red? You look like a ball of bubble gum.” She laughed.

            “Yah! You look lik-ke… You’re really pretty.” Jungkook said.

            “Huh?” Kayla was confused at the boys response. She was only 10, but she knew he wasn’t very good with girls at that instant, or maybe he wasn’t good with making friends.

            Jungkook started walking to a little patch of flowers on the side of the playground,” You’re as pretty and smell as good as this flower!” He plucked it from the ground and handed it to her,” Lets be good friends!” Jungkook smiled.

            “S-sure!” Kayla said. They held hands and went to the double slides together.

            Jungkook shook his head from the thoughts… It’s been three years…  He thought to himself. He was alone in his dorm room. He went to a special arts school, for the gifted in dancing, drawing and singing. He begged and pleaded to be here. He was on winter break, and even then he couldn’t get a break. He always wondered where his old friend was.

            His finger circled the top of a cup of orange juice, as he sat at his desk, thinking.

            “Jungkook, are you scared?” She asked, her hands were slightly shaking.

            “Of what?” He coolly responded with a question.

            “Of going to high school you idiot! It’s probably going to be as bad as middle school! Voices cracking, growing older, responsibilities, more work and those girls…

            “Yo, stop. This is a new life. This will be better! If you ever get lost, come to me. I have been there a few times because of Hoseok. Those girls will never bother you again, I will always be by your side. We are best friends for a reason, Kayla.” He lifted held her by her shoulders, she looked up, and he lifted up her falling glasses to be back in place for her.

            Kayla smiled and looked down,” There’s the smile that makes my day! Don’t worry, Kayla. I am your protector.” He smiled back and they continued to walk to the arcade for some pizza and games. Their summer vacation just began…

            Jungkook groaned and slumped in his chair. He picked up his Rubix cube and started to fiddle with it. His family decided to go on a trip without him, that’s why he was always in his dorm. They Skype call him, but no more and no less.

            “Kayla where the are you?!” He yelled. He wanted to break into tears, feeling as if this heartache will never end, but he had no tears streaming by.

            “Kidoh, stop ing driving! Get out! Go sleep! You just came from a party, let me drive!” Jungkook yelled at Kidoh. They just came back from a party. Kidoh was the senior that always gave Jungkook and Kayla hook ups. Kayla and Jungkook were never interested in drinking or anything, but meeting new people and playing games or just hanging out really got them in.

            “Shut up, Kook. I’m just buzzed.” He could hardly buckle up.

            “You can’t even put your seatbelt on!” Kayla yelled.

            “Shhhh, stop.” Kidoh pinched her cheek.

            Kidoh started driving.

            He kept swerving on the road, but cruise control kept them in the same lane. Kidoh started mumbling nonsense. Kayla and Jungkook held hands as they quivered and shook in fear. They were terrified, but Kidoh saw this as a joy ride.

            “KIDOH WATCH THE OUT!” Kayla yelled and blocked Jungkook.

Black.

            The sounds of the sirens, the crying, the sight of red, then black. That’s all Jungkook could remember. He remembers visiting her by her bed every day.

            “Is she awake?” He would always call and ask.

            “No.” Was always the answer.

            Kidoh got his licenses taken away and had to pay for the whole accident. He didn’t go to jail, since his family was so rich they would bail him out anyways. Kidoh left to America after that happened. Without a goodbye, he was gone.  

            Jungkook used to sleep in the hospital room. He lost track of how long it had been for 6 months. He finally had to go. Kayla was getting better, but never woke up. He cried almost every day. He waited, but what he wanted for a long time, never seemed to come by. He put the promise ring onto Kayla’s finger. He kissed her forehead,” You seem to be my protector now. My savior.” He slid the matching ring onto his. He had loved Kayla for a long time, but he never had the chance to get it out.

            There it was, Jungkook started sobbing. His hands were to his eyes. His shirt was soaked. I’m sorry for leaving. He looked at the promise ring that he never could let go of on his finger.

            He roughly wiped his years and washed his face. He whispered to himself,” Get over it, kid.” He sighed and left his room.

            He took out his phone and checked the time. 9:00PM. I have time.

            He opened the door to the choreography room, but someone was there already.

            “Oh sorry, I didn’t realize someone was working in here already.” He bowed and almost left.

            The stranger dropped the hood, long hair that went to her waist fell, and she turned. She used her finger to lift her glasses,” Oh, it’s okay.”

            Jungkook stared hard, he rubbed his eyes,” K-Kayla?”

            “Yeah… Can I help you?” She looked confused.

            “Sorry, can I see your hand?” He asked.

            “Yeah… I guess.” She turned off the music and went up to him.

            He lifted her hand and his, both of the rings were there,” It’s me, Jungkook…”

            “… Jungkook?” Her eyes started to tear up.

            Jungkook held onto her,” I missed you.”

            Kayla was sobbing hard,” Where have you been?! I woke up, and you weren’t there. I was out for 7 months Jungkook, where were you?!”

            He held her by her shoulders and wiped her tears,” I was there for 6 months… One more, only if I waited… I was here. I’ve been here.”

            “I enrolled, and was added right when break started.” Kayla wiped her eyes.

            “I’m here now…” He said.

            “I’m-m… I love you.”

            “I love you too.” He ended her sniffing and tears with a kiss.