Two. Daehen.

Requested One Shots

Two.

            Her annoying friends kept wanting to copy off of her homework, she decided to have some peace away from her messaging apps and social media notifications. Packing her work and going to the nearby coffee shop.

            She picked up her favorite pastry and checked the menu. She chose an ice coffee. She put the wrapped pastry on the counter and took out her wallet from her back pocket.

            "Hello, is that all?" The cashier asked.

            "Ye-s." Her stuttering came from the sudden eye contact with the cute cashier. No name tag? She cleared ," Yes. Sorry." She smiled kindly towards the worker and gave him the amount of cash that was lit on the stand.

            "Have a nice day!" He smiled back and packed her pastry in a bag.

            She walked to the side to wait for her ice coffee. She was flustered from her interactions so much she almost didn't hear her name get called up.

            She cleared again, got her drink and went to her table. The stress and annoyance started to build again. She turned her notifications off and went back to her piles of homework and studies she needed to catch up on. She finished her drink and stretched her back on the chair. She slightly looked at the cup full of only ice now.

            Hi stranger, I'd love to see you again tomorrow!

            She looked up to where the cash register was, but the boy wasn't there anymore. Someone else was working there. His shift is probably over... She thought.

            She turned her notifications back on and packed up her belongings. While she was looking at the cup with the sweet note, she thought fondly of it. She put her backpack on and held the cup, contemplating to throw it away or not.

-

            Her friends invited her to a study date. Which really meant for them to copy off of her work. She didn't want to bother. She didn't want to go home to her annoying Aunt either. The irritation brought her back to the coffee shop. She forgot that she was suppose to go back. She forgot about the cup that she cleaned, dried and put on her desk at home. This was just her place to get away and have alone time.

            She put her back at the same table and took her wallet out, ordering another iced coffee. The same boy was working, he noticed she wasn't smiling as sweetly as before. Although, he was working behind the counter, making drinks. He wasn't at the cash register, he wished.

            She picked up her drink and sat at her seat, opening her notebooks. She took a sip and remembered. She looked at the cup.

Smile! It's a new day!

            She covered her face and smiled at the writing on her cup, forgetting all of the stress from today.

-

            The clock hit around 5PM. The sun wouldn't go down until around 6:30PM. She stretched up, cracked her knuckles and packed up again. She was about to leave, until a tired looking boy came and sat in the seat in front of her.

            "Whew, sorry. I was trying to get on break earlier, but I'm here now. Hi, I'm Daehyun. Do you remember...?" He smiled at her.

            She smiled and nodded. It was the boy from yesterday," Hi, I'm Jennifer."

            Conversation built up, and she left with an empty coffee cup and a phone number.