Breaking It To Them?

Milk and Kookies

The rain fortunately stopped, just in the nick of time too. After a bit more "conversing" in the studio, we decided it was getting late and we should start heading back home.

We exited the building hand in hand, a lighter mood filling our atmosphere.

The sky had turned into its familiar fiery hue as the sun began to set against the horizon. Clear puddles spotted the streets and sidewalks, reflecting the few wisps of white clouds from above.

We exchanged bashful glances back and forth, too happy for either of us to break the peaceful moment with unnecessary words. And every once in a while, I'd steal a kiss from my lover and he'd turn away in embarrassment. I've wanted to do this for so long, and now that I can, I think I've finally achieved the contentment I've been searching for.

It wasn't until someone else, however, broke the silence that I realized we weren't the only two on this earth.

"Yah! Jungkook-ah! Yoongi-yah!" a familiar voice called out from behind, causing me to break my attention away from my thoughts and pop my head up. I had a feeling I knew who it was.

We turned ourselves around in unison to find my assumptions confirmed. It was Jin, waddling in our direction in an attempt to jog with three bulky plastic bags slung on each of his arms.

"What are you guys doing here?" he asked out of breath, finally catching up to us.

"How are you barely coming home?" I asked him, Jungkook and I taking two bags each to relieve our struggling hyung.

"Thank you. Well the first store I went to didn't have the noodles I needed, so I had to go to many different stores just to find it and— Wait...," Jin's face twisted in confusion, taking notice and even pointing a finger at our joined hands. "Why are you two...."

We both smirked at him with amusement as his eyes widened in realization and a gasp escaped his lips.

"You guys— When did— How did— I have to tell the others!" He jumped around while clapping his hands happily like a little girl before making a run for the dorm. He didn't seem so worn out now.

I rolled my eyes at him, a smile breaking out on my face as Jungkook ran after him and I jogged right behind.

Jin was the first one to make it to the dorm, but he waited for us at the door with a grin wider than a mile. Then he swung open the door completely and pushed us through first before he entered. "Guess what!" he exclaimed, dropping the bags to throw his arms in the air.

I ignored him, setting the bags of ingredients on the kitchen counter. Jungkook followed suit, but he seemed a little embarassed at the eldest's words.

"What?" Taehyung asked curiously.

We re-entered the living room and attempted to take a seat on the sofa, but Jin stopped us, throwing his arms over our shoulders.

"These two," he paused, squeezing us a little too tight, "are going out! I saw them leaving the company building holding hands and everything!"

Hoseok looked up. "Nice," he approved with a thumbs up and a nod, before turning back to his phone screen.

"Oh, is that it? Took you long enough," the 4-D member replied, turning back to the television, uninterested.

I found myself slightly taken aback by what he said. What the hell does he mean by that? As far as I knew, love was a pretty big deal. But then again, I was never good at these kinds of things.

"Wha—," the eldest spoke, but was cut off.

"Finally!" Jimin shouted. "Wait, so who confessed first?"

"Hold on a second!" Jin interrupted, unwrapping his arms from our shoulders to hold out open palms in front of him. "So you guys mean to tell me that I was the only one who didn't know about them liking each other?" he spoke as if he was hurt for being left out.

"Pretty much," Namjoon looked up at the eldest and gave a teasing grin.

Jin gave him a dirty look and stuck out a tongue, but the leader pulled him down beside him on the couch and soothed the pouty member, unable to hold in his laugh.

"You knew all this time?" Jungkook questioned with a face I couldn't quite understand.

"Since day one," Jimin answered nonchalantly, picking underneath his fingernails. Pfft. Way to exaggerate.

"How could you guys not have said anything before?" Jungkook asked, almost sounding a bit hurt, and I couldn't help empathizing with him on that.

Yeah! You know how much I had to go through?!

"Hey, hey, hey," Namjoon shot his hands up in fake surrender, "Not our fault you two are so clueless."

"As I was saying," Jimin interrupted, bringing the attention back to him, "Who confessed first?"

I raised a brow, wondering why it even mattered; nonetheless, I pointed my thumb towards the maknae who shyly raised a hand, scratching the back of his own neck with the other.

"Aw yeah! Namjoon-hyung, pay up!" he exclaimed excitedly, sticking his hand out at our leader, who began rummaged through his pockets until he found the crumpled cash and slapped it into the other's hand, sighing at the fact that he was now broke.

Jimin held it up to the light and examined it closely as if it were counterfeit, but we all knew he had the obvious intention of showing off. "Yeah, Jimin~," he cheered as he stuffed the money in his pocket with a satisfied grin stretching across his face.

"You made bets too? I can't believe you guys," I cut in, feigning disbelief and hurt by placing a hand over my heart with a shocked expression. I wasn't surprised at all actually. It was like them do make bets over stupid things.

Then something registered in my brain. "Hold up. Namjoon-ah, why did you bet on me?"

"Yeah, and why did you bet on me?" Jungkook nodded towards Jimin.

"Well...," Jimin began, using strange hand gestures to explain his reasoning. Then Namjoon cut him off, yelling at him that he was supposed to speak first, to which the other countered by bragging that at least he won the bet. Soon enough, the two were bickering childishly over I don't know what because the subject somehow changed to something irrelevant. Meanwhile, the eldest tried to pry each other apart, scolding them about how it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt and Hoseok laughing hysterically at the entire scene. Taehyung, however, somehow managed to completely ignore them and focus on some variety show on the television.

Jungkook and I looked at each other and shrugged. I guess we had some kind of telepathic connection because without a word, we started towards the bedroom -- which went unnoticed by the others -- so we could continue what we'd been doing at the studio.

But who's the real winner here, Jimin-ah? Haha.