Working Hard or Hardly Working

Milk and Kookies

I was the last one to go inside, so when I arrived at the door, everyone had already settled in.

I was halfway down the hallway heading towards the studio when Rap Monster spoke out.

“Yah, hyung! Are you going to eat anything?” He glances at the clock, “It’s lunch time.”

I reluctantly my heel and walked back into the living space. I wasn’t in the mood to eat, but I didn’t want to worry the others if I didn’t.

After silently downing a whole bowl of ramen, courtesy of Jin, I headed straight for the studio.

"Don't forget to take that nap I told you about!" I heard Jungkook shout before I shut the door behind me.

Plopping myself at the desk, I snatched one of my spiral notebooks and pens, aligning it in front of me. Putting my pen to the paper, I sat there thinking I was going to start jotting down words, but instead I was frozen in place. My mind was blank. I needed some inspiration. Something. Anything.

So I let my mind wander. I spun myself slowly on the rolling office chair, glancing at every single thing in the room until something popped into my head.

I could faintly hear the voices of the other members through the door and smirked upon hearing a certain boy laugh uncontrollably. Then an idea formed in my head, but I immediately shook it off.

I can't keep writing about him. Maybe this has got to stop. I mean, let's face it. I'm most likely not going to tell him and he is going to find himself a beautiful noona. I think it's time to... let him go.

I flipped near the end of the notebook and began to write. These words required no thinking and flowed endlessly out of my head. The words I started to write weren’t lyrics, but they did express my love. It was more of a letter, but for my eyes only.

I’ve been told that one could get rid of certain feelings, such as hatred, by, instead of confronting the person, one would vent their feelings out into a letter then throw it away. They say it works because all people really want is to let out their feelings somewhere and by doing this, no one gets hurt. Although I doubted that it would work, especially with love, I gave it a shot anyways.

With that idea in mind, I wrote about every possible feeling I had for Jungkook, smirking at every word. It was so cheesy and sounded so unlike me.

I was about a page and a half into the “letter” until I felt myself getting sleepy for some reason. I tried to fight this overwhelming feeling, but every once in a while I would unknowingly stop between sentences to yawn or rub my eyes.

Eventually I fell asleep hunched over the desk, my head and arms covering the notebook.

Jungkook's POV

“Yah, Jungkookie,” Jin called over the kitchen counter.

“Hmm?” I hummed as I looked up from the television screen.

With one hand, he held out a steaming porcelain mug. “Can you give this to Yoongi, please?”

“What is it?” I asked curiously as I walked over and carefully took the cup from him.

“Tea. So he can feel better.”

I only nodded in reply then started down the hallway.

I entered the studio, expecting to find a hard-at-work rapper, only to find a snoozing Suga.

“You should have said something earlier instead of pushing yourself over your limit. It’s bad for your health,” I tsked as I approached the desk, setting the mug down and leaned over a bit to see his face.

His bangs covered his eyes and his mouth was slightly agape, sending light snores through it.

I chuckled. Aw, how adorable.

I didn’t know whether to wake him up or just leave him be.

I sighed. “I guess I shouldn’t just leave you like this.”

And with that, I lifted up my hyung, who was actually a lot lighter than I thought, and carried him bridal style into our group’s shared bedroom, careful not to bump him into any walls or door jambs.

I set him down gently onto my bed and pulled the covers over him. He squirmed a bit at first and I held my breath, hoping he wouldn’t wake. Then he settled, and I exhaled in relief, stealing one last glance at the sleeping beauty before leaving.

I entered the living room where the rest of hyungs were, their eyes glued to the TV as Girl’s Day performed their song “Something” on Show Champion. I was about to join them when I remembered something.

“Oops, I forgot about the tea,” I said to myself before turning back.

Approaching the no-longer hot beverage, I saw in the corner of my eye the lyrics that Suga was mostly likely working on.

I set the mug back down and curiously picked up the notebook instead.

My eyebrows furrowed a bit in confusion while reading its contents.

“What… is this?”