Caught

Milk and Kookies

Suga's POV

I unwillingly peeled my eyes open when I woke up from my involuntary, but well-needed, nap. I slowly propped myself up on my elbows and scanned the dark room for the rest of the boys, but there was no one to be found.

It took my groggy self a while until I noticed my surroundings. Everything was familiar, but it seemed to be from a different point of view.

Wait... What am I doing in Jungkook's bed?

My face flushed at the thought, but I quickly brushed it off because I just wanted to go back to sleep. I twisted my body towards the nightstand which had an alarm clock. 11:02 PM.

Whoa, did I really just sleep the rest of my day away? I didn't even have dinner.

Again I shrugged it off.

I'm not that hungry anyways.

After neatly fixing the younger's sheets, I climbed into my own bed, flopping carelessly onto the bouncy mattress before burying myself into the covers.

I snuggled into my thick blanket and shut my eyes tight, trying to force myself back to sleep. Usually when I wake up in the middle of the night, it would be hard for me to go back to sleep; however, I guess today was an exception because shortly after, a melody of my snores resumed to fill the soundless room.

The Next Morning

My morning started off abrupt — with a near heart attack — when I almost rolled off the top bunk. Thankfully, I caught myself just in time before plummeting a good six feet into the cold wooden floors onto my back.

Trying to calm myself from that quick near-death experience, I quietly laid there, my heart still racing as I clutched it.

My eyes were glued shut; the brightness that shone through the window shades and burned my eyelids wasn't a very pleasant greeting. The morning sunlight was something I could never adjust to so easily, just like every other annoying aspect that the morning consisted of.

Eventually, I did open them, only to be greeted by a foreign object. My eyes were first exposed to the off-white popcorn ceiling, where a folded piece of paper was taped. I raised a brow as I sat up and reached for it.

Before opening it, I turned my head left and right, looking for the other members as if the paper contained top-secret information that they weren't allowed to lay their eyes on, but they weren't here. The clock read 1:58 PM and I realized that it was a Saturday; everyone should be up by now.

I averted my attention back to the mysterious note, finally pulling the corners of the paper. I unfolded it cautiously, bewildered as to who put it there and why. Once the contents were revealed, my eyes widened from a small squint and my heart almost slowed to about a beat per minute.

It was my confession letter.

For a while, I sat there completely dumbfounded and at a loss for words. The pit of my stomach flooded with various overwhelming emotions: shock, fear, and even a bit of regret. My mind went static before I felt the terrible sensation of it exploding.

I shakily checked the backside of the page and found something new, something I didn’t write.

In perfect penmanship, a brief message was composed in black ink. “We need to talk,” I read to myself. And signed at the bottom of the page was the name of the last person I wanted it to be. Jeon Jungkook.

“Oh .”