Inevitable

Milk and Kookies

Momentarily pushing the thought of having to confront him to the back of my head, I jumped off my bed, completely skipping the use of the ladder, and trudged towards the bathroom to perform my morning routine. I had hoped that it would help to at least let me calm down and reflect on the situation at hand, and for a brief while, it did. For a second, I had almost completely forgotten about the circumstance I was in, but like all good things, it had to end sometime. I quickly snapped back to reality as I reentered the cluttered bedroom and unintentionally landed my eyes on Jungkook's bed, no longer neat and tidy like I had left it the night before.

I gripped the doorknob which would lead to the hallway and my heart began to race once again. I hadn't thought about what to say, or what he would say, when we see each other. I gulped as I slowly twisted the knob and walked through the door. With each step down the hallway, my heart rate would double over. I took deep breaths. Calm yourself, Yoongi!

Finally I entered the living room, only to be greeted by four members, none of which was the one I was expecting, which sort of relieved me. Rap Monster, J-Hope, Jimin, and V all sat on the couch, awkwardly crammed between the armrests.

"Where's...," I looked around, "...everyone else?" referring to the eldest and the youngest of the group. I didn't really care where Jin was at the moment, but I didn't want to point out only Jungkook's absence.

"Well, Jin-hyung went to buy groceries for dinner tonight and...," Taehyung trailed off, looking at Namjoon to continue his sentence.

"We don't know where Jungkook is. He was awake before anyone else," the leader finished.

"Yeah, when I woke up this morning, he was already gone. And I woke up at 7:30!" Hoseok, surprisingly the earliest riser of the seven, added to back up Namjoon's claim.

I racked my brain in confusion, uncertain whether I should feel relieved or worried, but I tried not to show much concern over the boy."Oh," I simply said.

I dragged my feet lazily towards the dorm's vestibule and slipped on a pair of worn out sneakers.

"Where are you going?" Jimin asked, peeking from the sofa as I threw on a black windbreaker jacket. Everyone else's heads curiously turned as well.

"Out," I briefly replied before I walked out the front door. It was upon closing the door behind me that I realized that it may have sounded as if I was in a somewhat bad mood. But I wasn't. Honestly, I just had no idea where I was going.

No, I didn't leave to look for Jungkook. I just didn’t want to waste the rest of my day inside like I had the entire morning.

I don’t blame him for being a no-show at the dorm though. He probably just wanted some time before bringing up such matters and to be honest, I wouldn’t mind some time for myself to think too. It’s not something two people can just easily converse about. I mean, this could literally make or break our friendship, and I sincerely hoped that it wasn't the latter.

The afternoon breeze had just started settling in, so I zipped up my jacket about halfway and stuffed my hands in my pants pockets as I started down the block. I used this time to my advantage to think about how the situation would, and should, go down. I'm going to remain calm and

I bumped into something and almost apologized, but quickly cut myself off when I looked up to see the pole of a street light. I shook my head, trying to keep myself from spacing out as I pondered my thoughts, then continued walking.

There were barely any people out today for some reason. It was weird to not see huge crowds of people pushing through the sidewalks and traffic on the roads. There were only a handful of pedestrians and only a few cars that would pass by every now and then. For once, it was peaceful. This alone set my mind at ease, and I tried my hardest to keep it that way, at least for the time being. But every little thing around me reminded me of Jungkook and it irked me that I couldn't get away from the thought of him.

I heard the sound of steps and jingles gradually grow louder and I looked up. It was a high-class business woman — who strutted like she was in a fashion show — walking her overly-groomed pet. I stared at her dog; it's a maltese, just like Jungkook owns — or used to own. His parents watched it for him now because the landlord of our dorm didn't allow pets of any kind. I sighed and averted my eyes to the passing shop windows, but that didn't help either.

The store I happened to be passing was Music Plaza, the number one place for all your kpop needs, but it was closed today. However, it wasn't the store itself that had me stop in my tracks, but rather the promotional advertisements that covered its windows. Bangtan's "Skool Luv Affair" album posters were plastered all over one of the windows. My eyes just so happened to fall on the photo of the maknae and I. You know, the one where we had to look seriously into each others eyes. I smirked, my mind briefly flashing back to the photo shoot. I sighed again, but this time it was one of contentment. I took one last glance at it before continuing on my way.

By this time, the light wind from earlier grew into strong gusts; strong enough to push me off balance a couple of times. The afternoon sky quickly faded into a dark gray as heavy clouds started rolling in. I already started to feel it sprinkle and with every passing minute, the intensity of the rain increased. I flipped the hood of my jacket over my head and jogged over to the nearest awning for refuge from the pouring skies. I looked around, wondering where to go from here. Should I head back to the dorm?

Then I spotted Big Hit's company building at the corner of the where the two streets met. Perfect.

I looked both ways before running diagonally across the intersection and quickly slipping through the entrance doors. I looked myself up and down, completely dry, like the rain was avoiding me more than I was the rain.

Hm. I might as well get something done while I'm here.

With that in mind, I started up the many flights of stairs and various corridors, heading towards my usual recording studio. Rapping always helped me get my mind off of things simply because I could easily get lost in it, in the lyrics, in the message, in its power. Whether it was on paper or straight out of my head, rapping was my cure-all remedy.

I started humming the beat from one of my pre-debut mixtapes as I entered the room, only to stop a second later. Someone was already there. So this was where he's been.

He probably heard the click of the door because as soon as I walked in, he turned around. He looked surprised, nervously pulling off his headphones and draping them around his neck. "H-hyung?"

"Jungkook...."