Sweet Dreams

Milk and Kookies

I'm not sure if it was the softer cushions or the sleeping Jungkook that lay atop my chest that made the couch so much comfier, but it didn't matter either way. Being like this was pure bliss.

I tucked a hand behind my head to prop it up and craned my neck, trying to get a better view of the maknae's face; however, being that he was curled up halfway into a fetal position, all I saw was his uncombed, after--looking hair.

With my other arm wrapped around his shoulders, I squeezed him a bit, but not too hard. I even ran a hand through his smooth locks, feeling the soft texture.

"Hyung?" Jungkook murmured lazily, tilting his head to face me.

"Oh? Kookie, you're finally awake," I replied softly, sending a slight grin to my lover.

"Actually, Suga-hyung, I was awake the whole time," he responded,  shooting a wide smile right back at me.

I let out a small chuckle, ruffling his hair playfully.

"I love you," I whispered to him before planting a small kiss on the top of his head.

He blushed lightly before pulling himself higher up my body until his face was at the same level as mine. He brought his face closer, leaning in so that our noses were barely touching. He opened his mouth as if he was about to say something.

"I...."

"Yah... Yah, hyung! Wake up!" a hoarse voice called out.

I reluctantly peeped through my half-lidded eyes to find a just-as-sleepy Namjoon standing beside my bed trying to shake me back to consciousness.

Damn it. It was only a dream.

I groaned, pulling the covers over my head and cocooning my body to preserve what was left of the warmth and darkness it provided.

He tried to shake me again in hopes I would finally get up, but to no avail. So he gave up and, instead, proceeded to wake the others.

I laid there for a while; my mind was still glued to the beautiful dream I just had. I've had dreams like this one countless times, many nights in a row in fact. It's like my imagination is taunting my cowardice, knowing I'm not man enough to confront my long-lived crush on Bangtan's golden boy.

I want to confess to him; I really do, but that'd only be the beginning. I'm not one to act all lovey-dovey and whatnot. On one of our radio broadcasts, I was even chosen as the least likely of the members that would seek a relationship. Their reasoning was that I would be too busy writing lyrics and producing songs to spend time with my significant other, but little did they know that I have always thought of Jungkook while writing those lyrics.

Even though, there are so many things that could go wrong if I confessed to him now.

I shook my head in disapproval.

No, let's not think about the consequences. Just be positive.

After a good five minutes, I finally pushed the covers off of me and sat myself up with a grunt. I rubbed my eyes furiously, trying to adjust to the newfound brightness and color that flooded our bedroom.

"I hate mornings," I mumbled as I climbed down the ladder that was connected to my top bunk.

"Ah~ cheer up, hyung," a youthful voice sounded.

I turned around to see a certain maknae sitting crisscrossed on his cluttered bed, beaming his usual, cheeky grin.

I returned a small, yet gummy, smile as I chuckled to myself.

Thanks, Kookie.