Species: Vampire

Impavid Roleplay

Vampires are mythological or folkloric beings who subsist by feeding on the life essence of living creatures, regardless of whether they are undead or a living person.



 


BASICS:
 

They live primarily on blood, (although they do enjoy regular food at times too, if the mood strikes) either supplied by a human, (known as a donor) from bags at the blood bank or served up to them at their local bar in handy bottles, ranging from snack sized, to a full three course meal. The prices of which, vary. They do prefer warm blood though, as it tends to be sweeter and more satisfying to drink.
 

There is no hierarchy within the vampire community, but that doesn’t mean that they cannot form clans and decide on a leader amongst themselves. They are not as sociable as the lycan population however, not unless it is with their bonded one that they are spending their time. They tend to sleep during the daylight hours and awaken after dark. This is not because they cannot step outside during the day in fear of burning up in a ball of flames, but is in fact a matter of choice. They prefer the night life and find more interesting companions along the way at night.
 

Contrary to popular belief, they can a very friendly and accommodating species. There are s amongst them though, as there are every race in the Kingdom of Lunar, and with their quick tempered personalities and fondness for blood, it is best to stay on the right side of these creatures as they have been known to turn nasty faster than any of the city’s other residents.
 

The vampire’s eyes shine a certain colour when they are aroused, angry or feeding. With males eyes usually a bright, light blue and the females changing to a glowing green. Rogue vampires eyes tend to shimmer a blood red, as they are of ill intentions, it showing through their soul in this manner.
 

Vampires have wings, which they can extend at will to fly and simply evade enemies this way, but it is deeply frowned upon when one uses this ability to back out of a fight. It is much more acceptable if it is needed, for example if the vampire is falling or he/she needs to be somewhere quickly. The colour of the wings, varies with each vampire, although vampires with purer intentions, tend to have white wings, whilst their rogue counterparts are often black. 
 

Their usual form is their human one which they use to blend into their everyday surroundings. However, they can elongate their teeth at will when they feel threatened, aroused or angry. This usually serves to ward off anyone wishing to do them harm,especially when coupled with the vampires glowing eyes.
 

All vampires can be hurt, but with the ability to heal oneself fairly quickly, it is not often something they worry about, unless they are narcissistic, which a lot of them tend to be. However, they can die. The methods of which, are a stake through the heart or silver bullets to the head or heart.
 

If shot anywhere else on their person, they can be saved, provided they extract the bullet from the wound quickly enough. Leaving them with a severe and unpleasant case of silver poisoning. This will also go away within a week or so and they will be back on form.
 

Vampires have bonds:
 

Bonds; the strongest and most important relationships to the vampire and/or human/lycan. Vampires will do anything in their power to protect their bonded partner and will become possessive over the other, which can lead to them being aggressive, even towards their own kind if they feel another is a threat to their partner.

A vampires bond is their destined partner but not all vampires are lucky enough to find them.
 

If however they do manage to come across their other half, they will feel instantly drawn to that other vampire, wolf or human and slowly but surely become unable to shut off their feelings for the other, as the pull will be too strong.


No matter how much the pair attempt to deny their feelings, it will be beyond doubt that the other is their soul mate through these factors:


The scent of their bond and the unmistakable whiff of arousal that is not easily hidden. Especially if both beings are vampires with extra sensitive sense of smell.


The strange draw to one another, coupled with the overwhelming physical attraction both feel towards the other.
 

Biting is not pertinent to being bonded; people will know either way by the way the two bonded vampires scents cling to one another and almost meld into one. Biting is only a means of physically showing that a vampire is bonded and will fade over time so the action must be repeated. Drinking one another’s blood is also a way of strengthening their bond, and/or partner’s health when they are injured.
 

Vampires have the ability to sense the emotions of their bonded partner as his or her scent will change with whatever they are feeling. Their usual familiar aroma will be tinged with their current emotion and their partner will become incredibly protective if they are upset or distressed, therefore becoming dangerous to approach without extreme caution when they are caring for their other half. Even against their own species.
 

Vampires bond for life, as with lycans.