Chapter 9: The New Theme

What I've Just Realized

"So, since everybody's here, let's start with the meeting."

Another meeting again. Ugh. Minho groaned and face palmed his face.

The president of SME called all artists in the meeting room after lunch, and he has no idea what it will be all about.

"Does anyone know why I called you all here?" The president asked.

No. Duh.

"Okay, let's get this finished fast. Well, I know the sales are escalating well and this is not necessary, but, I want to have a different concept for promoting the holiday album."

He faced the projector at the left side of the room and flashed something on the screen.

"Not again..." He yawned and rested his head on his hand, and closed his eyes. The incident yesterday caused him not to have much sleep, and now, because of the meeting, he was forced to wake up at 8.

Damn it.

Five freaking hours. I only slept for five hours. And that span of time is very short for someone like me who likes to sleep a lot, Minho thought, pissed.

"A winter couple theme?!" Kibum blurted out suddenly.

Hearing this made him sat bolt upright and stared at the screen.

The president gazed at him and laughed. "Ah yes, Kibum. Are you excited?"

Key just blinked a couple times at him then forced a smile.

Minho could only chuckle at him.

"What?!" Key exclaimed.

"Is that reaction of yours has something to do with Jonghyun hyung?" He teased.

Kibum stared at him with poker face. With this expression, Minho was sure Kibum would send his chair flying at his oh-so-precious face anytime soon.

"So, going back..." The president laughed a bit before continuing. "I suppose you all know the pattern will be boy-girl. No boy-boy or girl-girl couples of course. With this, I've already talked to your managers, and we've decided to... let you all decide to choose your partners."

At this, Minho instictively gazed behind his back, and when his eyes landed on Sulli, he immediately looked away.

What was I thinking?

He shook his head and looked behind again, and this time, her eyes find his too. She waved at him and smiled.

But he pretended that he did not see her and faced in front again.

Dear God, she looked at me.

He felt his lips suddenly curving into a smile; surely he really do look stupid grinning all of a sudden.

"What are you smiling at?" It was Onew hyung.

"Nothing. Nothing." He said.

Should I ask her?

That's the question he cannot decide on.

 

 

                                 *                                    *                                   *

 

 

It was shivering cold by the time they were about to eat lunch. Through the glass panels, Minho could see that the streets were thickly covered with snow again.

Out of the blue, someone suddenly blocked his way that made him stop his strides. It was Sulli.

"Hey. What's up?"

"Oppa, do you have a partner already for the new theme?" She asked. This sudden question bewildered him.

"Um, no. How about you?"

Should I ask her now? He bit his lip.

"Same." She frowned. "Would you want--"

"Minho-sshi!" Someone called out.

He glanced behind Sulli and saw Yuri approaching them.

She took a deep breath and gulped before she spoke. "I was looking for you..."

He raised his eyebrows. "Why? Is there something wrong?"

"Well, I--"

"Hey Sulli!" Taemin jumped in front of them out of nowhere and he appeared to be pretty exhausted.

He probably sprinted to catch up with her, Minho thought and smirked.

"Can you... be my partner... for the new theme?" He said in between breaths.

Sulli stared at him with wide eyes and stayed silent.

The four of them gazed at each other for a moment.

Oh no.

"Oh! That's great!" It was Yuri who replied immediately. "Sulli, why don't you go with Taemin? You both would look good together." She smiled and wink at her.

For the first time she acknowledged Sulli as if she just saw her now.

Weird.

"Oh okay..." She replied weakly and brought out a small smile.

No... Not again.

"Oh, right." Yuri faced Minho but did not meet his gaze. "I... was about to ask you something a while back right? Um, if it's okay, can you be my partner?"

Oh damn.

He stared at Taemin and Sulli; they seem to be enjoying themselves now.

He averted his eyes from them and bit his lip.

"Okay... sure." He blurted out before he could even think about it thoroughly.

 

 

                        *                                 *                                    *

 

 

He was clutching a soccer ball in his hands deciding whether to play or not. But now is not the right time to play though, he thought. It's snowing.

"Hey. Why are you here outside?"

Minho followed where the voice came from and was surprised to see Heechul hyung approaching him, with a cup of coffee on both hands.

"I'm assuming that that's for me." He chuckled. "I've had pretty enough of that this past few days, hyung."

Heechul laughed at this. "You don't want? Okay fine. I'll be taking both of it then."

Minho laughed too. "No, no. I need something to warm me up, so I'll take it." The older man handed him the cup and he took it gratefully. "Thank you."

Heechul sat down beside him at the sidewalk's step and took a sip of his drink.

"So... how are you with my little sister?"

"You mean Sulli?" He chuckled. "We're okay. Same old times."

"Hmm, I see." He stretched his legs in front of him before continuing. "Well, I just wanted to ask and inform you something. This might take a moment..."

What?

He froze as his heart suddenly skipped a beat.

He knew his hyung had a purpose behind his act of giving him a drink and sitting with him there. But still, statements like this makes him feel nervous.

"Well, yesterday..." he started, "I accidentally heard a conversation. I'm only still suspecting who these girls are; I haven't seen their faces. They were talking inside one of the rooms in the ground floor."

Confusion welled up inside him as Heechul narrated this mysterious set-up. But he urged him to continue though.

"You're probably confused why I'm telling you this. Am I right?"

He nodded. Very confused, he thought.

He continued. "But of course this isn't just a random thing, because basically... I'd just want you to know that those girls I'm talking about were talking about none other than... you."

"Me?"

"Yes."

"What about me?"

He didn't answer. He looked as if he's finding the right kind of words to say.

"Do you know that Yuri likes you?" He said all of a sudden.

He felt like rolling his eyes at this. "Sure, she likes me as her dongsaeng." He said. The other man's sudden switch of topic has made him even more confused.

"We're good friends. I guess she has no reason to hate me."

"No." He patted his dongsaeng's right cheek several times and sighed. "Wake up! You jerk. You're really dumb and blind, aren't you? Isn't it way too obvious already?" He toned down his voice, "...She's in love with you."

Minho glared at him. "That's not funny, hyung."

He scoffed and pointed at his face. "Me? Kidding? Come on, look at my face and tell me I'm just joking around here."

He sighed.

"I even heard her confessing it to Yoona. Believe me. What I'm saying is true, though it's up to you whether you'll continue acting dumb or believe it."

 

 

                             *                               *                                *

 

 

"Hey, Soo Jung, can I ask you something?" Sulli flopped down on Krystal's bed and put her head on her shoulder. But the other girl ignored her and hastily took a magazine and busied herself by reading it.

Or maybe she's just pretending, Sulli thought.

She knows her too well to know if she's acting or not.

"Where were you last night?" She asked.

The other girl did not reply.

Sulli waved her hand in front of her. "Hey! I'm talking to you..." She covered her friend's eyes and continued to bug her.

"What are you talking about? I was here inside the room the whole time!"

"Really? But how come I did not see you when I arrived here last night?"

She glared at her. "Jinri! I'm reading!"

"Answer me first."

"You probably did not see me because it was dark." She stood up and went to her closet. "Why are you suddenly asking me questions? And I did not even know you've arrived already."

Drifting. Her head was drifting.

She's acting strange. Something's definitely wrong, she thought frantically.

"Are you angry at me?" She asked. "I was just worried where you've been!"

Sulli can't believe she's hearing this. She was 100% sure it was Krystal whom she saw last night. And right now she could feel that her friend is hiding something from her.

"Well, I'm already big enough to take care of myself." She inserted her feet inside her shoes and went for the door.

"I'll be going first for breakfast, just go down when you're ready."

That was the last thing she said and shut the door closed behind her.

 


 

Hi everyone! Hihi this is another note I'll be giving to those of you who've patiently read this story ^^ I bet you guys find it boring and somehow off... *sobs* I'm really sorry for that. This is the first fan fic I've ever made so I really apologize for not meeting your expectations or taste.

But above all, I'm really thankful for the votes (those votes really touched me and it therefore gave me more inspiration to continue to write on)! Even every single comment you guys gave me is very well appreciated and I really feel overwhelmed whenever someone would tell me to update and even add this fan fic I created in their reading lists :3 Thank you very much!

Please continue to wait for my updates and I hope, soon, I'll be able to come up with something better than my previous chapters :) And please, comments and/or suggestions are absolutely welcome :D I hope you guys will patiently read on and vote for it (though it's not really in my position to decide. It's all up to you, but I would really be thankful for it ^^)

Well I've made a pretty long speech now. Good day to everyone!

Kamsamnida! <3