Chapter 6: Sudden Occurences

What I've Just Realized

"Yah! What time did you get home, Choi Minho?" Key suddenly demanded; he suddenly remembered that I didn't come with them to the room last night.

"Kibum, would you please just... tone down your voice?" Jonghyun hissed, obviously irritated.

Once a nagger, always a nagger, Minho thought.

He sighed. "Stop asking me, okay?! Besides... you are not my mother."

Key scoffed and stared at him in disbelief. "Do you how much manager will get mad at us if you get into trouble?"

"But I did not get into trouble, did I?"

"But what if you did? What if people suddenly recognized you and out of excitement, they accidentally get you injured due to the--"

"What did you do last night anyway?" Taemin interjected and cut Key in a mid sentence.

Minho ran a hand on his face, exasperated. "Why do you guys want to know everything? It's not like it's something big." He scratched his eyebrow. "But since everyone seems so curious of what I did last night, fine, I'll tell you all."

Expectant faces stared at him.

"Well..." He cleared his throat and continued. "I... proposed to someone to be my girlfriend."

Everything seemed to stop in motion.

"What?!" They all exclaimed at the same time, with their jaws dropped.

"Who is she?"

"Choi Minho, what have you done?"

"You stupid frog! Manager will kill you for that!"

Everyone seemed so baffled and wide-eyed; they are all speaking at the same time. Minho, meanwhile, just stared at them, and laughed at their expressions.

This is so ridiculous.

"What are you laughing about? You think you can still laugh after manager knows about this?" Key shouted.

Minho snorted and laughed again. "You guys are so stupid. I can't believe you'd get caught by that."

"What do you mean?" It was Taemin.

"Oh, come on." He rolled his eyes. "None of what I said was true! I just completely set a prank on all of you!"

Key hit Minho's head with a pillow. "Yah! Tell me the truth, or else...!"

"Owww, Kibumahhh, stop hitting me!" He gripped Key's arms and pushed him away. "Araso, araso. I would tell you anyway, if you hadn't been that hysterical."

Key crossed his arms and glared at him.

He glared at him back. "Jeez, seriously, all I did was go outside with Sulli for a while. I just wanted to know how she's doing, that's all..."

"You were with Sulli?" Taemin blurted out, baffled, but covered his mouth eventually. He must have not intended to say it at all.

A memory suddenly flashed back in his mind after mentioning her name.

I've missed you too, she said.

He still can't get over that thought.

"Yes." He crossed the room with his luggage and reached for the door's knob. "You guys should get ready. You won't want to miss the flight back to Korea." He said and left the room.

Why am I even over thinking of what she said?

 

                                                           *                    *                       *

 

The flight was a long trip and made everyone sleep several times already. They also had some stop overs in some countries, but not long enough for them to explore that much.

Sulli yawned and stared at the plane's window beside her, and saw clouds that seem to drift with them. But when she saw a part of land they were about to land to, she felt a jolt of excitement and happiness inside her chest.

Omo, I'm home!

After a few minutes, they finally have landed to the airport and the stewardess are now assisting them down from the plane.

"It's good to be back!" Luna said and sighed, with a smile visible on her lips. "Are you guys going back to the dorm immediately?"

"Hmmm, I think so. Besides, we have to drop off our things first." Sulli replied. "But I'm planning to visit my brothers, if, manager would allow me." She frowned. "I bought something for them. I really miss them all, especially my younger brother."

Krystal wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Let's ask manager later, I'm sure he'll let you go."

Sulli chuckled. "Yeah. Let's go ask him later then."

 

                                                           *                    *                       *

 

Other groups have already left the airport by the time Minho, together with Key, Taemin, Jonghyun and Onew sneaked to grab some snacks on one of the food stalls inside the airport.

"Excuse me sir!" Someone shouted.

Minho turned and saw a woman--a stewardess--running toward them.

He bowed and acknowledged her.

"What is it miss?" He asked.

The woman handed out a bag with chocolates and other things inside it. "Sir, I believe someone dropped this inside the plane. Do you know who owns this?"

He took the bag and looked closely. "Hmmm..." He shook his head. "I don't know. But I'll just take this and ask them all, since everyone in that plane works in the same company as I do. Thank you, miss." He said and smiled.

"No problem sir. Have a nice day." The woman said and left.

Minho looked inside the bag, desperate to see any identification of the owner. He scanned through it, and one thing suddenly caught his attention.

"Isn't this keychain Sulli's?" He realized. He picked the Hello Kitty keychain and stared at it on his palm. Of course he knew it's hers. He was the one who gave it to her last year, when he suddenly remembered that she likes Hello Kitty and decided to buy one for her.

"That belongs to Sulli?" Taemin asked. "Hyung, I want to give it back to her."

"No it's okay, I'll do it. These are probably the things she bought for her brothers. And as far as I know, she's planning to visit them today. I should bring this to her as soon as possible."

Taemin pouted. "Okay. But ask her first where she is now so it's easier for you to give it."

He nodded and snatched for his phone.

 

                                                           *                    *                       *

 

The weather wasn't as bad as what she was expecting by the time Sulli went out to visit her brother. Her manager agreed to let her visit them for a while, given that she won't stay too late and come back right away.

At last, she's now in front of their house.

It's been a long time since she last saw it, but nothing seems to have changed with its appearance and aura. Just by seeing it made her feel at home. She suddenly felt like crying, but squeezed her eyes to stop it.

She rang the doorbell and called after them. "Umma! Appa! It's Jin Ri!"

Silence.

She pressed the button again.

After a few moments of waiting, a kid--who is barely halfway a decade of his age--went outside to open the gate for her.

"Noona!" The boy ran to her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Omo! How are you, my San Yi?" She patted her brother's back and crouched to see his face. "Noona missed you a lot!" She frowned. "Did you miss me?"

He nodded and grinned. "Noona, umma and appa just went to go to an appointment somewhere. And since you called hyung that you'll visit here, both of them went to work first because they said it's really urgent. They thought you could take good care of me for a while while they're gone."

She grinned. "Neh, I will." She kissed his head. "But first, let's go inside. I have something for you."

 

 

 

"Otteoke!" Sulli exclaimed. "Where's the paper bag?"

She searched inside her bag and spilled all its contents on the table, but didn't see what she was looking for. Panic has now built inside her chest, which gave her a harder time to think or guess where she could possibly have left it.

"Noona, what is it?"

Sulli stared at her brother with mournful eyes. "My little brother, mianhae. I was supposed to give you something, but I cannot find those treats I was supposed to give you. I think I dropped it somewhere." She held his hand lightly.

While she touched his hand, she felt it was warm. No, not just warm. It was really hot.

"Omo, do you have fever?" She touched his forehead. "San Yi! You're sick! Do you know where umma kept the medicines here?"

He shook his head.

At this, she took a deep breath and sighed. "Okay." She carried him to his room and laid him on his bed. "Stay here, araso? Noona will just buy medicine for you, just wait for me here. I'll buy very quick."

 

                                                           *                    *                       *

 

Left, left, then you'll see a house with a red gate. I think I'm almost there.

Minho tried calling Sulli, but unfortunately, he can't reach her. So he thought of another option.

Good thing he was able to contact Amber, to whom he asked Sulli's whereabouts, and luckily, she told him every single detail she knew, including her address. He was pleased to see that there weren't much people outside too, which gave him more comfort since no one would really recognize him and get in his way. He stared at the houses one by one, until he saw the one which fits the description Amber had told him to be Sulli's house.

Is this it? He thought.

He rang the doorbell once, then another.

"Sulli-yaahh!" He called. "It's me, Minho!"

No one answered. He tried calling her over and over again, but it seems that no one's inside.

Impatience started to creep up inside him, so he thought of leaving already. But then when he was about to go, he noticed that the gate isn't locked.

"How come no one's answering me when the gate's open?" He told himself.

All of a sudden, he felt uneasy, like something's not right.

"This leaves me no choice then. I'll have to make sure everything's fine inside before I go."

He looked around to make sure no one's watching him, and cautiously entered the house.

"Hello? Is somebody home?"

He gazed around the house and saw not even a single person around. The guest's room, dining hall and even the rooms--which doors are all open, were all completely empty.

Now, there's only one place left he still haven't checked.

Jeez, why am I so nervous?

Just as he entered the kitchen, something immediately caught his eyes that totally shocked him and made him gasped in surprise.

Something was lying limply on the floor, and a glass was shattered beside it. Water has been spilled all around it too.

But it isn't a thing, he realized. It is actually a person.

Oh . Oh .

Could that be-- No, It can't be him.

He couldn't believe his eyes as he approached the body.

"San Yi!" He exclaimed and cursed under his breath over and over again.

He approached the body and glanced at his face, and after confirming it was really him, he checked his pulse, breathing--everything. There was no blood anywhere that could possibly be a sign of him getting harmed, as far a he could observe, nor any wound that's visible on the kid's body.

But even though this somehow gave him relief, he still can't be so sure nothing's wrong, and conclude that he just plainly fainted.

He needs to bring him to a hospital.

He reached for his phone in his pocket, and composed a message for Sulli before leaving.

Sulli,

I'm here right now at your house. I will tell you why I am here later, but first, I need to bring your brother in the hospital because he's now unconscious. I will text you again when we're there already, and just follow us there immediately. But please do not worry too much; I can assure you he's going to be okay. Please stay safe always.

-Minho

 

 


 

Hello everyone! Needless to say I'm new here :)) Annyeong to all MinSul shippers who's reading this! First of all, I sincerely apologize if my writing and ideas TTT~TTT this is actually my first fan fic but I'm really trying my best to give my best ideas here...

Thank you for reading this and I also hope you'd comment and/or suggest anything ^_^ (but please keep it mild)

 

Kamsamnida!