Chapter 13: Explained and Confessed

What I've Just Realized

(spams everyone with minsul gifs because i miss these two together TT TT)

bringing back the minsul feels~
 
 
 
(minho's adams apple odg O_O)
 
 
 



 

 
"Hyung?" Taemin exclaimed, and at that moment, he froze, as if his feet was buried deep into the snow, except that the snow wasn't thick enough to keep him immobile.
 
Minho and Sulli immediately scrambled and stood up hastily, and Minho cleared his throat after making sure Sulli was stable enough to be able to stand up on her own.
 
"W-w-what happened?" Taemin asked, alternately giving them unsteady glances.
 
"Heh, um, she accidentally took a shot of beer. The strong one. Looks like she has low tolerance for alcohol. She well... uh... stumbled and fell so tried to rescue her but it was too late. I eventually fell with her." Minho bit his upper lip.
 
"Taemin, let's bring Sulli back to her dorm?" Minho inquired and smiled at his dongsaeng, trying to break the awkwardness between them.
 
Damn it, Minho mentally cursed.
 
"Sure." Taemin said and smiled at Sulli before following them.
 
 

 

 
"Soojung, thank you for coming." Krystal heard the voice as soon as she was only a few feet far from her, already enough to catch what the person had said.
 
"You got a lot of explaining to do, unnie." Krystal blurted out before she could have stopped herself. Now that she had covered the remaining distance left, she could clearly see her sister's face under the hood of her jacket despite the darkness that surrounded them.
 
Jessica cautiously took a glance behind her back, checking if anyone's trying to take a photo or eavesdrop on them before she spoke again.
 
"That's what I called you for. I have a lot of things to discuss with you."
 
"I saw you in one of the rooms inside the SM building one night. You weren't picking up my calls. What's happening? Will you tell me now please why were you asking help from Yuri?"
 
Jessica was taken a back for a moment.
 
"So you heard about it..." She sighed. "I just wanted her to help me pull up f(x)'s status. And I've been busy recently, I'm sorry."
 
"And how is that? Unnie if this is about me thinking about leaving my group then I'm telling you now neither Yuri could change my mind."
 
"How come you suddenly wanted to leave your group?" Jessica hissed. "You never have been so sure about that decision until our last talk two weeks ago."
 
Krystal tightly closed her eyes and gulped. "Aren't you suppose to be happy I'm about to terminate my contract? The management anyway, you hated them and the fact that they just threw those years you worked for them away like that, despite your big contribution in your grou—"
 
"Don't divert the conversation, I'm here to talk about matters involving you." Her sister cut her off. "You can't afford to leave now, not until you or I could find a new job that you'll love. I'm telling you now that Yuri's going to help f(x) to reach a stable position, if it's not possible to bring your group to the peak. And she informed me there is something currently stirring up that could potentially pull your group lower. You probably know what it is, but since you hate guessing, then I'll break it up to you that it is about Minho and Sulli. You know very well relationship issues aren't quite healthy for a group, and you have seen how Sulli's linkage with that other artist before damaged f(x). Now if you're wondering how Yuri will manage that, she planned on interfering. In other words, she'll hinder the two from having a relationship. Now have I made myself clear?"
 
The younger one stared at her older sister with wide eyes. "No she can't do that. No no no..."
 
"But she's going to need your help."
 
"What if I don't want to help her? Jinri is my friend. Unnie, this is completely wrong."
 
Jessica her lips. "It's not going to be too grave, Soojung. Not unless they have already confessed to each other and become official anyway. She told me Minho seems to be still in denial about it, about his feelings for Jinri, you know." She reasoned out.
 
Krystal shook her head and sat on a step, feeling as if her mind was wobbling.
Everything and every information had hit her in a rush, like a strong and vast tide swallowing her into oblivion. Now she realized the reason behind her sudden urge to leave; she knew something was about to put their group's resilience into test again. She knew she'd drift farther away from Sulli, and everything wouldn't be the same anymore.
 
But she was tired of fighting. Tired of feeling like a disappointment when her group barely got any attention at all, and she knew her remaining strength were all just coming from her co-members.
 
And for a while then... she let herself blame Sulli with everything: for being too weak... for leaving the group with only the four of them for the past two years... and for being selfish.
 
Then fear came to her upon realizing that she was putting so much unjustified hate on Sulli... her best friend... which she never deserved.
They stayed silent for a moment before Jessica spoke again.
 
"Speak up."
 
She smirked and eyed her older sibling, bewilderness and confusion still present in her expression.
 
"How where you able to convince her to help you? And how did you know she could help you and you can trust her?"
 
It was Jessica who then stayed silent for a while, but answered after sitting beside her younger sister.
 
"Well... it was an easy bargain. She wanted the same thing... though we had different purposes. Am I making any sense?" She chuckled.
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"We both want to stop what's going on in between Minho and Sulli, but my reason for desiring such thing would be because of my goal to stabilize f(x) as much as I could for your sake, meanwhile she wants to have Minho." She paused and sighed. "She likes him, you know. In fact, love him. Didn't know she'll end up falling for Minho, much less on a dongsaeng. Shocking, isn't it?" Jessica asked, though not quite expecting for an answer from her sister.
 
"About trusting and choosing her however... I don't know... I just felt like she could help me. I guess it was by fate too, when she suddenly asked how I was doing. Then she asked me if you could help her to get closer to Minho, since she knew your group is quite close with SHINee. She was too shy to ask you personally. How funny."
 
Upon hearing everything, Krystal just nodded, surprised by how the news didn't seem to baffle her. But then just at that instant, she remembered the photo she had on her phone, which she took when she was having a morning walk a while ago.
 
Jessica continued. "Besides, you used to like Minho right? I know it still bothers you when he is with Jinri. It's better if he'll go to someone who's not close to you— oh that's another thing."
 
Krystal tensed for a moment, remembering the past. "Don't... I hate talking about that I'm already over that phase." She gazed at the sky, sighed once more, and bit her lip.
 
By that time, she had already come up with a decision. Although the idea of leaving was still a part of her choices, her sister somehow moved her and it made her reconsider staying once last time.  And before she could ponder more about it, she quickly asked,
 
"Tell me, what does she want me to do?"
 
 

 

 
The set was perfectly and fully designed the next morning by the time all the artists arrived, and all pairs were patiently waiting for their assigned outfits to be handed out. Sulli's gaze scanned the room, amusingly checking on every artists, trying to identify which of them took the other as their partner. She smiled when she caught a glimpse of Victoria with Zhoumi, and she can't help but feel giddy deep inside, given that she has been, somehow, shipping them ever since. Key was with Amber goofing around, as usual; she had always thought they would be a perfect pair given that both act quite the opposite of their real gender. Meanwhile, in the corner, Luna was breathlessly laughing with Onew while doing some strange things with their middle fingers, as the older one taught the other some tricks on how to perfectly perform the "ttakbam."
 
"Here you go Jinri-sshi," her daze was suddenly disturbed by a woman calling after her, who gently handed her her outfit for the shoot. Sulli smiled and bowed to thank her, and with one last glance at her group, she left for the back room to change and have her hair and make up fixed.
 
I wonder where he is... She silently thought and sighed while gazing at the windows lining the wall. "Jinri! Who are you even thinking about," her mind snapped at her just then that made her close her eyes.
 
"Ah!"
 
She abruptly opened her eyes wide when a body bumped against her, and she heard a sharp hiss. Sulli immediately muttered an apology and ducked her head.
 
She rose her gaze slowly, wincing, and when she was already face to face with the person in front of her, she thought that for a moment there was a look of annoyance on the her face. However, it was too late to confirm it when Yuri opened , looking as if she didn't expect to see her there.
 
"Sulli! Oh jeez, I'm so sorry! You ok?" She covered with her hand.
She shook her head. "I'm okay. I should be the one apologizing, have I hurted you?" Sulli reached out to touch Yuri's arm, but the other girl recoiled and clutched her arm on her chest.
 
"Yes! I'm good! Look, I'm sorry but I have to go. I need to change and have my make up done." She frowned.
 
"Oh sure, I was planning the same thing too actually." Sulli admitted.
 
"Really?"
 
"Yes." She smiled. Sulli noticed a small box in Yuri's hand on the arm which she was supposed to touch a while back, and before she could stop herself, a question immediately slipped from her lips.
 
"What's inside the box? The package looks so cute. "
 
"Oh? This?" Yuri carefully lifted up the mini box. "It's a big macaroon." She chuckled. "Minho gave it to me."
 
Oh.
 
"A gift from your partner I see." Sulli forced out a chuckle.
 
"He really didn't have to but he said he owes me something since I made lunch for him yesterday. It annoys him whenever he feels he is in debt." She shook her head and smiled. "Anyway, I really should get going. He's probably waiting already. Let's just see each other later then!"
 
"Oh ok sure. Goodluck unnie."
 
Sulli watched Yuri as she turned and walked away from her until the other girl was lost in sight.
 
 

 

 
"Sulli and Taemin!"
 
"We're here!" Taemin blurted out and pulled Sulli with him. Sulli laughed at how his partner had been so hyper and bubbly the past two hours it made her stomach hurt. Taemin pulled a block and assisted Sulli to sit even though it wasn't necessary, and for a moment she realized how thankful she was for having a partner like him. It was finally their turn and they smiled at each other before turning their gazes at the camera.
 
"Taemin, scoot a bit closer please? Come on, pretend you're a happy couple!" The director said, and Taemin giggled with flushed face, which made Sulli awkwardly laugh too.
 
"May I?" He asked while suppressing a grin, his hand only a few inches away from her waist. She nodded then, allowing him to wrap an arm around her waist to clutch her closer into a semi-hug. Sulli gently placed both her hands on his chest for support, and like in other romantic photos she had seen before, she playfully lifted a leg behind her before finally laying her eyes directly at her partner's.
 
Meanwhile at the corner of the studio, Minho and Yuri continued watching the ongoing shoot although they were already done a few minutes ago. Minho initially didn't want to, but with his partner's persuasion and worry to be awkwardly left alone with her again, he hesitantly joined Yuri and watched the current couple pose for the photoshoot. He had given her a small gift to return the favor when she made lunch for him on his birthday, although whenever he would remember what happened that morning, he just couldn't act normal and stay comfortable with her when they're left alone.
 
"They perfectly look like a bubbly-happy couple. Ahhh, don't they look beautiful together?" Someone whispered behind them. Catching this, Minho blinked and made a face as if he tasted something sour and gulped.
 
"Really..." He sarcastically mumbled to himself.
 
Minho uncomfortably watched them as Taemin dangled his arms around Sulli's shoulders from behind, and suddenly at that moment, the younger boy's voice echoed in his head once again.
 
Hyung... I told you I like Jinri right? Can you do a favor for me? He had said that night, when they were on their way back to the dorm.
 
A favor...
 
Such a hard favor to fulfill...
 
Such a big thing to ask for...
 
Please keep some distance away from her. You know I still consider you as a competition right?
 
Let me have my chance fully. He had added.
 
Chance... Minho thought. But how come I can't have a chance? He wanted to ask him last night but couldn't bring himself to speak out.
 
Then it hit him.
 
Why was he thinking as if he wanted to have a chance? What was all this bitterness flowing through him all this time? Did that mean—
 
His eyes widened.
 
Air. That's what he needed. He his lips and ran a hand through his hair, closing his eyes out of exasperation.
 
"N-noona, may I just get out for a moment?" He immediately asked.
 
"Oh sure sure. I've been checking on you for quite a while and it seems like you're deep in your thoughts." She smiled. "I'm guessing it wouldn't be wise for me to come with you?"
 
"Oh, no no. I just... uh, well, I actually want to be just alone for a minute if it's okay." He hesitated.
 
"It's fine. Go then."
 
"Thank you." Minho smiled, partly of relief, and jogged outside of the building.
 
 

 
 
"Sulli can I ask you something?" Taemin asked.
 
"Sure. What is it?" She smiled.
 
Taemin gulped and his lips. Probably now was the perfect time to mutter it out, before anyone could possibly spoil his plans. He was fully aware though he isn't alone in the competition—if it is even a competition. He is a man too, and he wasn't that stupid not to understand what a man's body language meant, even though he could be foolish at times. For some reason he had felt something different everytime Minho and Sulli would be together. Minho never said he liked her—as far as he could remember—although on the other hand, he never did confirm nor directly blurt out he has neutral feelings for her as well. He felt bad, guilty even, knowing that he was possibly competing with someone close to him who never did anything but be kind to him. However...
 
It's different this time... His mind spoke.
 
Sometimes you have to be selfish... to have what you want...
 
He never said he liked her did he? If he does however, then be a man.
 
Sulli was never anyone's possession. You are free to love her.
 
"Right." He mumbled to himself. Taemin brightly smiled and faced Sulli with a stronger and more determined will, motivated that this time he wouldn't falter.
 
"Sulli... what will you do... if someone says he likes you?" He slowly said to her in a firm voice, to assure he wouldn't have to repeat it twice.
 
A look of bafflement and confusion was visible on her face when she chuckled a nervous, "Huh?"
 
Oh darn it. Do I have to repeat it again?
 
"I said what will—"
 
"No no, I heard what you said but why are you asking me that all of a sudden?" She chuckled again.
 
"Well... just because— ugh just answer it!" He laughed.
 
"Well I really don't know to be honest... Is it okay to say thank you?" She suppressed a grin.
 
"Seriously?" Taemin frowned as he kept his hands in his pockets. "Well I don't think that is a bad thing but I'll be hurt if you thanks-zone me."
 
"Pardon?"
 
"I said it'll hurt me if you simply just say that in reply to my feelings. You don't thank someone when they tell you they love you. Love is given voluntary and comes out of passion. They partly don't do it for you, but rather, they love you because it is what makes them happy. That's why sometimes love makes you selfish."
 
The air suddenly felt thicker and the both of them stayed silent for a moment. Taemin knew this was coming, and before he could back out and lose his voice, he prayed he wouldn't be dumped by her and blurted out the words he had been itching to release for such a long time.
 
"I like you, Sulli." He finally said. He couldn't look at her eyes now, as the alien feeling fear was giving him made him recoil back to his shell.
 
"Taemin..."
 
Taemin could sense the panic and nervousness radiating from her. It was what he had been afraid to encounter... silence. He'd seen quite a number of dramas to know what it meant, but he just had to hold on a little more. He couldn't give up just that instant. There must be some chance he could look forward to.
 
"Aish." He shook his head and forced a smile at her, and patted her head lightly. "You don't have to say anything, I understand." He stood up and held a hand at her. "I'll give you some time for yourself for now. Let's go back to your dorm?" He asked.
 
Sulli's mournful eyes met his, and she gave a hesitating nod.
 
 



 

 
Tadahhh~!
 
Hello to my beautiful readers! It's been so long since I last updated odg I've missed writing so much TT TT I'm so sorry it took me forever to finally come up with chapter 13. I hope you all are still with me~ So there... so many revelations in a chapter! Now I have finally revealed some secrets I have plotted for so long in my mind :3 How was it? Please tell me what you think! And for the millionth time, thank you so much for all the comments you all have left! I couldn't assure I could update again right away after this, but I am going to try my very best to give time to finish this fanfic. I have organized my ideas and the series of events in my head already; the only struggle left now for me would be how to write it in detail. So I have said quite a lot already :) Thank you so much and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please look forward for the next ones!
 
Also lastly, I'd like to also take this opportunity to advertise my other fanfic (lol), which is entitled "Keeping Love Again." The story basically circulates around a fangirl named Thalia and her bias, Minho (yes another Minho fic uwu) I hope you could have some time to check it out. Thank you so much!
 
~TrishOng