| ♥ | Minhee x Kris

L O V E F O O L | ♥ | ONESHOT SHOP



Minhee x Kris

  GENRE   Angst; Romance    BIAS   Kris    RATING   ---   BY   st4rlight    WC  2494



    

 
Hey there,

Broken. One word to describe her life and soul. How am I supposed to live without you? Curling her legs into a ball, she laid there restless on the bed. The night was cold, spreading darkness everywhere. It slowly reached inside of her too. Her world seemed empty, no way to escape. Her light of her life was about to be gone. Minhee never knew that the world could be so cruel. Everywhere she went, everyone judged her and her relationship with her love.

“They’re not fit to be together.”

“Kris needs someone who can reach his standards.”

“Who is she that she walked into Kris’ life so easily?”

Insecurities already have reached her to the point she would break down, thinking of running and hiding her face. They added salt to the burn marks in her heart, and she didn’t know how much longer she could take it. Why me out of everyone? Minhee would often curse herself softly for being herself. Sure enough, Kris was always there to comfort her. Tell her that he loved her for her. That he only fell for her and no one else. During those moments they would promise to each other to get through everything together, and to never leave each other. What happened to our promises? Tears brimmed the edges of her eyes as she couldn’t hold back any more tears. Was this how much it hurt to fall in love? If so, Minhee never wanted to experience it. She never want to look back and regret not giving her all in order to protect the one thing she cared for deeply. Am I the only one hurting? Every night for the past couple days she would cry herself to sleep. Minhee would call herself pathetic for falling hard for him, but their love was not pathetic. Kris gave her happiness, being by her side meant everything for her. He ignored his family’s pleas to leave her, but he hadn’t listen until recently. Couple days ago, Kris had told her that he wanted to end it. He wanted to take Minhee to the upcoming prom night, and they would end it after that night. Minhee never wanted that day to come by, because she couldn’t stand not being able to see him in her life anymore.

Three in the morning and she still wasn’t asleep, she just didn’t feel tired. Her heart was more exhausted than her body. MInhee’s mind was occupied of their precious moments spent together, that was soon going to be stuck in the past forever. It was either that she didn’t feel tired, or that she didn’t want the other day to end. Today was their official last day, and she wasn’t anticipating the night. Burying her face on her pillow that was soaked from her tears, she wiped her face on it one last time before pulling the covers over her head. Heavy breaths filled the room as her eyebrows furrowed, again. It’s the same as the past nights before and she simply despised it. Never will she experience peaceful sleeping in the near future. The sun was soon rising up into the cloudy sky, shining its bright lights over the city of Seoul. How could time pass by so quickly? Why couldn’t she travel back in time, physically not emotionally? While her eyes were tightly closed, a sudden image messed up her heart. It quickened its pace, as her mind traced out the outlines of Kris’ smiling face. He looked like a manly guy, but underneath that he was completely the opposite. The corner of Minhee’s lips twitched upwards unknowingly, as that was the last image that popped into her mind. Why did you appear into my mind? Tracing out Kris’ cheesy grin that showed his gums, she fell asleep just like that. Kris was her missing lullaby in her life, and he was the warmth that allowed her to sleep peacefully for just this night.

Rubbing her eyes, she saw the sky was turning an orange-pink color. Already this late? Can time go any slower? Making a wish in the thin air, she pulled the covers off of her head. Dragging her legs over to the bathroom she lifted her head to view herself. Unlike the past days, her eye bags weren’t as visible. Questioning herself, she wondered if she had really gotten a good rest earlier. She tossed the thought away, taking it as her recent sleep made up for the past couple days. Quickly taking a shower, she had to get ready for the prom tonight. Today was going to be the end of her ‘happy’ life, when Kris ends it officially with her. She doesn’t plan to look on the bright side anymore after tonight, she planned on living life to the point that she can take care of herself. To the point she can stand on her own two feet. Minhee doesn’t know how she will live without Kris, but after tonight she will have to find a way to. Wrapping the towel around her delicate body frame, she stepped out of the shower. Sitting down on a chair nearby, she planned on drying her hair before she would slip on her dress she picked out all by herself. Using another towel to pat her hair dry, she stared blankly at the wall while her hand goes to work with the towel. Fifteen minutes later, Minhee slipped in her dress. It was a simple peach-colored dress that hugged her body above her waist, and flowed freely past her waist. Strapless and simply perfect on her, it was matched with plain white heels. What does she need to go overboard with after tonight? Simple goes a long way. That was what Minhee thought. Sparkles everywhere and a dress that screams in people’s faces wasn’t her idea of dressing. Makeup was next, and she wasn’t too sure about it. Something that is eye appealing, or simple along with her outfit? Simple should stay simple, so she decided to go for a natural look. Eyeliner, BB cream, mascara, etc. It was all she needed to complete her look. Almost done, but she needed to fix her hair. Blow-drying it until it was completely dry, she decided on wavy curls. Curls that could be an everyday look for girls, but tonight it wasn’t going to be everyday look. It would be something that will complete her look.

Done. Scanning herself in the mirror, she looked simply perfect. Nothing to bland and nothing too special. The only thing that would ruin her outfit would be the expression on her face when the night comes to an end. Why can’t we make it through, together? A heavy sigh fell from her lips as she left the white wooden front door of her house. A heavy sigh to match her heavy heart. Locking the door, she turned around to be greeted by showing gums. “Minhee.” The man breathed out, he was stunned from her perfection. Head to toe, she looked beautiful in his eyes. “Kris.” Minhee took steps closer to the tall giant. Her mind was clouded with the view in front of her. He looks so handsome. He was wearing a white button up shirt matched with black trousers and jacket. Kris had also went for the cliché simple look, but he made it look charming. Like it was meant to be his, and his only.

“Get in.” He spoke to her as he held the passenger’s door open for Minhee.

This seemed to snap her back into the harsh reality, as she questioned how he was all the way over there when he was just a couple steps in front of her earlier. Pushing back the words, she hesitantly took steady and slow steps towards Kris. Thanking him with a small nod of her head, she carefully got inside of his car. Minhee was still trying to process Kris picking her up, as she never expected it. She would’ve thought that he would be there at the building waiting for her at the front. Kris closed the door carefully and walked over to his side. He slipped into his spot in the driver’s seat and closed the door, revving the car. Silence filled the air, not having one speak a word. Kris, who am I to you? He still occupied her mind, and she wanted to scream at him. Scream and let everything out. Kris noticed Minhee chewing on her bottom lip, and he knew what that meant. “Just let it all out.” His sentence sounded harsher than he meant it to. Minhee was taken aback, but no. Right now she only wanted to have a nice time with him, until the night ended. Kris heaved a sigh and focused on the road ahead of him. He hated the feeling of being awkward around her because he was never like this around her. Maybe tonight was just getting to him. Kris, too, didn’t want this day to end. Oh how he wanted to hold her and kiss her, taking her to a place where only both of them are allowed. The world was cruel to him, and he knew he wanted to protect the tears from his love. This was the only solution to her having a peaceful life. Kris knew it would hurt at first, but she could learn to forget him, and that was his train of thought.

“We’re here.” He spoke again after parking his car, away from other cars. He wanted more time with just the two of them around.

“Oh.” Minhee formed into a round circle after realizing that they finally made it there, together.

Kris leaned over and unbuckled her seatbelt for her, and Minhee stepped out of the car. The cold breeze of the night met her once again, making her shiver. The door slammed on the other side and the car made a ‘beep beep’ sound. Kris walked over to Minhee and gazed at her side profile. From forehead, to nose, to lips. He memorized every part of her. Not holding back anymore, he slipped his fingers with hers lacing them together. Like a puzzle piece, it fit perfectly together. Step by step they made it inside together. Pairs of eyes gazed at the ‘perfect’ couple in envy.

“Why are they still together?”

More chattering went between the guests and Kris leaned down to place his lips upon Minhee’s forehead. “Don’t worry about their conversations for tonight. It’s just the two of us.” He mumbled against her forehead. Nodding her head, half listening to him she cherished his lips on her forehead. Just the two of us. Over and over her mind repeated, and her heart ached at those five words. How painful words can be. They were the center of attention since they took their first step in the building. The room was pitch dark, only lit up by soft lights from the ceiling. “Kris.” Minhee tugged on his arm, not sure if she wanted to be here. Everyone looked at her like she was prey, but Kris stood there to block their vision. “Don’t worry, I’ll protect you.” For how long Kris? After tonight, will he still be there? Her lips trembled trying to avoid such thoughts. It was still awhile until the clock strikes midnight, when the day will end. Kris pulled Minhee to the middle of the room, wrapping his arms around her tiny waist. As if on cue Minhee wrapped her arms around Kris’ neck. He was a giant compared to her, but he allowed her to step on his tip-toes. The spotlight suddenly hit the couple as Minhee panicked. “Kris.” He could see her trembling lips, which pained his heart. Was she this scared with him? He often questions if all he brought her was pain. He gazed down at her with a loving gaze, and brought his right hand to cup her right cheek. “Don’t worry. Pretend it’s just you and me.” He whispered to her, loud enough for only her to hear him. They swayed together under the spotlight together, dancing away the time together. Her heart was at ease with him nearby, and no longer was she afraid of the surrounding people when her eyes were focused on just him. Everything else fade to white as she only saw Kris. The night was growing deeper and closer to the end. Oh how they wanted to stop time and stay there forever.

“Let’s go.” The sad expression on Kris’ face indicated that the night was almost over.

“What time is it?” Minhee bit back the tears that threatened to fall. Kris gazed into those sad eyes and his heart clenched together tightly. How was he going to tell her now? When he himself didn’t want to end it. Ignoring her question, he pulled her out of the building and to the back. Finding a nice bench, they sat down next to each other in silence. Both pairs of eyes focused at the stars above them. Tick tock, tick tock. Seconds were slipping away from the couple, and both of their eyes turning red. Slipping his fingers out from hers, Minhee choked back tears. No, hold my hand again. Tell me that’d you protect me. Promise me again you’ll never leave me. Words unspoken from her lips screamed out from her mind.

“Minhee, I loved you. I hope you know that, and it will never change. I want you to be free from the pain I’ve caused you for so many months. No matter what, my heart will always belong to you. I’m sorry that all I could give you was sad memories, but I hope that you will treasure them dearly. Please don’t forget me. It’s a selfish request, but I don’t want to be gone from your memories. I’m sorry that I can’t be the one to make it alright for you. Smile alright? Don’t frown because of a bad guy like me. I don’t want to say goodbye now, because it’s not the end. So I will just say this: I’ll see you soon.” He forced out a smile and turned his back towards her. Counting the agonizing steps, he walked away from his everything. Minhee couldn’t properly process all his words through her brain. Her heart clenched and felt like knives stabbing her over and over. The only thing she could process was him walking out of her life. Standing up, she started to run in her heels. Every step was emotionally and physically hurting her, but that wasn’t what she cared at the moment. All she cared about is him, not leaving her alone in the world.

“Don’t go.” Her helpless plea was gone with the current of the wind. She stood there helplessly as he was nowhere to seen. “Come back to me.” A tear slid down her cheek and hit the cement. I need you 


Author Note:
I hope you enjoy this oneshot! Although, its not really romance-y or angst-y. Its more sad-ish and im sorry. Thank you for requesting.