Chapter 3

She is a Machine, but I Love Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

Jongin updated his status and saw that there were two replies for his post. He invited the two others into a private chat then waited a while to update the page again. It seemed like both the guys had accepted his invitation and also gotten accounts. Jongin switched his ‘private’ status to his name and updated the site again. Suddenly there was a message waiting for him. He opened it and read what the person had written.

-

>Kim Jongin has added Wu Kris and Lu Han to the conversation<

 

Lu Han (02:32):

Yes. All too well, actually.

 

Wu Kris (02:35):

Yep, same here.

 

Kim Jongin (02:36):

What happened to you guys?

 

Lu Han (02:38):

It’s not what happened to me, actually. My girlfriend and her two big sisters were in Thailand. Both her sisters died. And now we fight all the time, she’s depressed and I’m lost. What about you?

 

Wu Kris (02:41):

Wow, that sounds like my situation. My girlfriend lost her three best friends and almost drowned in the tsunami. Now it’s like I don’t exist. She refuses to eat, we haven’t made love since the catastrophe happened and she won’t let me touch her as much I used to be able to do.

 

Kim Jongin (02:42):

My girlfriend lost both her parents in the tsunami. She blames herself for not going with them to the beach. She felt a little sick so she stayed at the hotel. It was easier to rescue her then. She wants to kill herself...

 

Lu Han (02:43):

Welcome to the club. Haven’t had either. Not that it really matters since I can’t kiss her either. And that is more painful, according to me.

 

Kim Jongin (02:45):

I feel ya on the kissing part. And the “being invisible” part. And I think she’s going to break up with me soon. I don’t know what I’m going to do then. She’s my everything...

 

Wu Kris (02:47):

I win. I found out at the shrink today that my girlfriend (her name is Heather by the way) that she doesn’t WANT to have with me. Her psychiatrist had told her that could make her feel better. She did not tell me about that. Hah

 

Lu Han (02:47):

Maybe you’re bad in bed? Haha. No, kidding dude. That sounds rough.

 

Kim Jongin (02:49):

Ouch... Well, at least she wants to stay with you, right? But anyway, it feels good that someone knows how I’m feeling.

 

Wu Kris (02:53):

Agreed. How did you guys find this place? My girlfriend’s shrink told me about it. Then I saw your comment, Jongin. Where are you from by the way? Asia???

 

Lu Han (02:54):

Yep. Shrink here too. And if I may guess then I’d say... Korean? Sounds like a Korean name. I’m Chinese. Living in Beijing.

 

Kim Jongin (02:57):

Good guess. Korean, I am. I live in Seoul. I’m confused about your name Kris. It says “Wu” and that doesn’t sound western at all...?

 

Wu Kris (02:59):

It’s not. I’m part Chinese. But I live in Vancouver, Canada. What are your girlfriends’ names? You don’t have to tell. I’m curious. And how old are you guys?

 

Lu Han (02:59):

Her name’s Ai Li, she’s 22 and I’m 25.

 

Kim Jongin (03:03):

I’m also 25 and Mi Na (my girlfriend in case you didn’t get that) is 25 too. We’ve been a couple since high school.

 

Wu Kris (03:07):

Ah. We’re all the same age. I told you my gf’s name before. Heather and she’s 23. We met through some friends. Heh, it’s a complicated story but we basically had and became a couple. That’s the short story. If you wanna hear the long, you’ll have to come to Canada. I’m in no ing mood of writing the whole damn thing, haha!

 

Lu Han (03:12):

Hah, nice. Ai Li and I were best friends and then we got drunk one time and we made out abracadabra! Now we’re a couple. I honestly don’t know how it happened. But I guess I always liked her more than just a friend. Then again, the did kind of help... Now I feel her for real though. And I don’t even miss the anymore. I just miss the closeness and the feeling of having someone to rely on.

 

Kim Jongin (03:13):

Wow... That is NOT what happened to Mi Na and me. We met in high school and were in the same class. We have been together for six years now. You?

 

Wu Kris (03:14):

Wow! Six years is impressive. Isn’t that about the time when you think about marriage or something? We’ve been together for 4.5 years.

 

Lu Han (03:14):

Oh my ing god! Six years?! Yeah, I agree with Kris. Why haven’t you proposed or anything? Uh... Four years. Doesn’t feel like it. More like ten...

 

Kim Jongin (03:15):

I was going to do it when she got home from Thailand. But things didn’t exactly go as planned as you know.

 

Lu Han (03:16)

So what do you guys do? Work?

 

Kim Jongin (03:16):

Not at the moment. I have vacation.

 

Wu Kris (03:17):

I got fired the other day so I’ve been looking for new jobs. Although I don’t really feel like working. I hate it

 

Lu Han (03:19):

Yep, same here. Although I’m not working either at the moment because since Ai Li lost her sisters, her parents have been unable to let her stay with them so they paid for an apartment so that I could live with her instead and take care of her for them. I feel like I’m her dad sometimes. And that is NOT good, I tell you!

 

Kim Jongin (03:19):

It didn’t sound very good...

 

Wu Kris (03:20):

I feel ya. I carry Heather around all the time nowadays because otherwise she’d just be lying in bed all day long.

 

Lu Han (03:21):

Yup. I have to rip Ai Li off of the computer if I want her to sleep more than five minutes! I ought to ing tear that computer apart!!!

 

Kim Jongin (03:22):

Why is she on the computer?

 

Lu Han (03:25):

Because she likes to look at the pictures of her big sisters. I don’t get it! She knows it makes her sad and still she does it!

Huh, I think I’m starting to get why she thinks I’m insensitive.

 

Wu Kris (03:28):

You don’t sound very sympathetic.

 

Lu Han (03:28)

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter