Unknown Disease (Ft. Luhan of EXO)

Variety - One shot collection

The sun was brightly smiling in the sky, illuminating the world, birds chirping because they know how beautiful the day was going to be.  Even though it was such a sunny day, Luhan was nervous as hell.  Today was the start of everything:  being categorized, finding new peers, be in a new kin group.

 It was his first day in High school. Even though his best friend, Chaerin was at his side. He can’t still make his nerves calm down. He can’t get over that they we’re finally going to crossover the border of being children and adulthood. It just seems like yesterday both of them were in diapers, taking baths together, crying over spilled milk, fighting over who is much cuter, Rilakkuma or himself.

“Oh we’ll be fine! Stop fretting so much.” His best friend advised him, playfully slapping Luhan’s shoulder, giving him an eye smile, trying to relief some tension. “I’m trying but I just can’t.” He gave Chaerin a pout while rubbing the area where she had hit him.

“You’re such a worry wart! I’m still here, remember?” Chaerin is still trying to reassure his friend. Hearing that statement, lightened Luhan’s heart a little bit. He then gave his best friend a smile and nodded. The dark brown haired girl sighed out of relief. She then held unto Luhan’s hand, pulling and running towards their new school. Yeah, at least Chaerin is still here with me.

Not

It seems that destiny wanted to pull a trick on him. After learning that Chaerin was not in the same section as him, He was so devastated that Chaerin had to pinch his arms to make him move, he was standing like a statue for 30 minutes due to shock. She even had to drag him to his classroom.

“Can’t I ask the principal if they could transfer me into your section? Or better yet, transfer you into my section?” Luhan said with his pleading big doe eyes, his eyebrows knitted together. They were now in front of his classroom, not wanting to go inside. He doesn’t want to be alone.  He can’t be alone. He has never been alone. Chaerin was always there.

Chaerin sighed while rubbing her temples. She was beginning to feel tired and class haven’t even started yet. She has been trying to get her best friend go inside of his classroom. ”Come on Luhan. This was also bound to happen anyways. We can’t always be together. Besides, my classroom is right next to yours. “She reasoned still attempting to convince Luhan.

“But-but-” ”Ugggh. Just go inside already!” Chaerin snapped pushing her best friend towards the entrance the room. Luhan’s voice was kinda starting to get on her nerves. She always has that uncontrollable temper. “Also, I’ll wait for you at the cafeteria when lunch starts. Don’t expect me to fetch you. Bye~ “She said finally calming down as she walks to the direction of her own classroom.

Poor Luhan, who was now on his knees and was left alone on his own in a big classroom. He was like a little child that was lost in the mall. The room was silent. All of the people were staring at him, burning, drilling holes on his face by their gazes. Well who wouldn’t look at some handsome and awkward weirdo that just fell down on his knees because his friend was pissed and pushed him down.

Thank goodness there was someone that has the guts to break the long silence. It was a boy with big eyes, well not as big as Luhan’s and has a hat on which emphasized his big ears. The boy reached his hand out to help the pitiful little deer on the ground to stand up. Luhan gladly accepted the boy’s help and pulled his hand for support in standing up.

Life has now come back to the classroom. Noise filled the air once again. People trying to find were group of people they are going to be with the rest of their high school life. Luhan was now standing on his two feet while dusting and fixing his school uniform due to the incident earlier.

“Thank you” Luhan said smiling gratefully to his classmate that just helped him to break the awkward spell. “No problem! I’m Park Chanyeol! Call me Chanyeol!” His classmate beamed, introducing himself, reaching out his right hand that was once in his pocket. “Lu Han” He replied with a small smile while shaking his hands.

The teacher has now arrived and just finished having their permanent seating arrangement for the year. Even though Chaerin wasn’t in the same class with him, at least his newly found friends was seated beside him, the day already turning bright for him. Chanyeol is really fun to be with. It’s like you can’t be gloomy when you’re with him. He’s like a happy virus. He was beginning to forget that it was his first time without his long time term best friend Chaerin. He was feeling a little independent.

After a long discussion about the Pythagorean Theorem, yeah it’s right? It’s only the first day and they already had a lesson, they went to the cafeteria. As soon as he got to their destination, His eyes landed on a familiar girl using both of her hands to waving at him. “Luhan! Here!” Chaerin called.

Luhan was about to go to Chaerin’s table but was stopped by Chanyeol’s hand holding his arm. “Where are you going? Let’s eat with my middle school friends” Chanyeol said while pointing to a table where there were at least 10 (A/N: Yeah! They’re forever 12 in my heart! If you have a problem with that I’ll tell Bom you ate her corn.) people sitting on. ”But-” Luhan said while still looking at Chaerin. Chanyeol followed his gaze, suddenly something click in his mind. “Oh right! You have a girl friend, the girl who pushed you into the room! Yeah you got to go to her; you have... what that called... Lovers’ quarrel?” He snapped his fingers like he solved the greatest mystery ever.  

Luhan eyes widened and abruptly looked weirdly at his new friend. What girlfriend? Oh you don’t mean Chaerin?! We looked like lovers? So that’s why at middle school my friends said that my looks are such a waste because I’m taken or think I’m gay because I also hang with Chaerin alone and I looked girly. I should stop being clingy to Rinnie or else I won’t get a girlfriend. Maybe she’s right. I think she’ll understand my inner man needs.

Oh, you mean Chaerin? She’s not my girlfriend. Best friend yes, but girlfriend, impossibleHe denied. He suddenly felt a pierce to his heart. Ack. What was that? Why did my heart felt that way? Whatever. He just shrugged off his thoughts. “Oh okay. So you do want to eat with us? It’s okay if you don’t want to. ” Chanyeol asked. “I’ll eat with you. I think my friend wouldn’t mind.” Luhan replied.

 Chanyeol let out a big grin when he heard Luhan’s response and dragged him towards to his friends’ table. Chaerin who was looking at the scene just gave her best friend a confused look. Luhan replied with an apologetic look. Chaerin just nodded understanding while mouthing Good luck. Luhan just smiled at his friend’s concern.

Weeks have passed. Both Luhan and Chaerin have formed their own peer group. Luhan was now permanently with Chanyeol’s middle school friends. They called themselves as EXO. All of them are very popular, even though they are only freshmen, because of their handsome looks and also because they are very close to the Super Junior, Girls generation, SHINee and f(x) sunbaes which are very popular in their school.

Chaerin’s group called themselves 2NE1. There are four members of their group. Two are freshmen while two were their upperclassmen. They are also popular, especially because the famous Park siblings joined their group which are very close to the group Big bang.

Even though both of them were in different groups, they still made a promise that they should have make time for each other. Going together to school, walking home with each other’s company, night call chats, all of these are tactics to still keep their 7 years of friendship intact and not go to waste.

Luhan was now in Chaerin’s living room talking to Chaerin’s mom. He was waiting for Chaerin to finish getting ready for school. Girls. These past days, Luhan was starting to have weird feelings. Unexpected butterflies would start roaming his stomach, His heart would sometimes beat erratically or skip a beat, it would even clench. I wonder what’s wrong with me. I hope I’m not going to die. I’m still young.

His thoughts were put into halt when Chaerin came down the stairs. He stopped breathing. His eyes widened. His heart started to pump faster. Butterflies started wandering into his stomach.  Did Chaerin just cut her hair shorter and dyed her hair blonde? She looks so amazing. Blonde definitely suits her best.

“So what do you think Lulu? Is it okay? It’s because Bom and Dara-” She blabbered worriedly. So she’s actually worried. The great Chaerin is worried. He let out a chuckle. Chaerin let out a glare. “Yah! Don’t laugh, ugh. I should have known! I already had the feeling that it might not suit me.” Chaerin said while messing up her hair.

He opened up his mouth but when he looked again at Chaerin’s eyes words won’t come out his lips. Why can’t I say anything? Why can’t I say that she looks very beautiful?  He his lips and tried again. “Ri-Rinnie, y-you look b-b-be” ”You look fabulous hun! That what Luhan wanted to say.” Chaerin’s mother saved him from humiliation and patted Luhan’s back. I can’t believe I stuttered. I gotta add that to my symptoms.

After hearing her mother's words, Chaerin became confident again. “Really? Thank you!” She smiled making her two eyes form crescent moons. Blood swiftly rushed to Luhan’s face, a lump forming in his throat. What kind of feeling is this? It’s like I swallowed a pill and it can’t go down in my throat.

 Chaerin’s mother who was watching behind the scene was laughing in her head. She again patted the young boy’s back and said “You have a long way to go. Good luck! I’m rooting for you.” Which Luhan replied with a confused look.

The two friends finally arrive at school. Chaerin bid her farewell to Luhan and went to her own peer group leaving him with his own group. “Wow! Was that your friend Lee Chaerin? She looks so hot with blonde hair!” Kris said letting a whistle out of his lips. “Now that you mentioned it, she does look really amazing. Especially her figure, without those big sweat shirt covering her body, I can clearly see her perfectly sculpted form.” Suho added while biting his lips.

Luhan was angry, no enraged. He was already clenching his hands into a fist. Breathe in. Breathe out. Why hearing those words make me angry? She should have just worn the stupid sweater even though it’s hot.  Tao voice breaks Luhan’s train of thought by asking “Lu-gege, does Chaerin have a boyfriend? If not, Can I volunteer as tribute?” with his Chinese accent, smiling cutely, trying to convince Luhan to set him and Chaerin up.

That question snapped Luhan biting his lower lip. He glared on the kung fu panda and then walked out on his friends, bumping hard on poor Tao’s shoulder. The little panda was stumbling looking up to his other hyung giving a bewildered look while the hyungs gave the same perplexed expression.

They were having their Physical education at the gym. There were three sections sharing the large gym, his section, Chaerin’s and the section of their sunbae, Choi Seunghyun. Choi Seunghyun a member of Big bang, the man who makes him vexed, the man who was sticking to Chaerin like a post it, the man who’s always looking at Chaerin with the girl’s called bed room eyes.  

Screaming girls were surrounding the gym’s perimeter. The girls of Luhan’s class just finished their volleyball match and it was now their turn. The boys of their section will play a basketball match with each other. They were split into two groups. Luhan was relief when he found out that Chanyeol was the same team as him.

While they we’re playing basketball, Luhan founds himself searching for Chaerin. It was Chaerin’s and Seunghyun’s free time. He was hoping that Chaerin was watching him. When he has finally found Chaerin, her eyes were glued to their match; Luhan felt a lightning bolt shock his body. He felt so energized. He wants to look cool in front of his so-called best friend.

Shooting the ball, entering the loop, Luhan immediately tries to find Chaerin in the sea of crowd who were howling with excitement. As his two orbs lands on Chaerin’s thrilled figure, jumping up and down, screaming her lungs out with her friend Minzy, cheering for him. That moment was euphoric.

All of a suddenly Seunghyun was next to Chaerin, catching her and his attention. What the hell is Seunghyun doing there? He felt blood rush to his head. The ecstatic sensation he once felt was now abruptly changing to irritation. Seunghyun was talking to his best friend, which was now laughing due what the man in front of him had said.

He instantaneously stopped when he saw the scene. His heart started to squeeze. He felt like the world was ending, his world was ending. The lump in his throat was back. His vision became blurry because of the tears that has formed and was now threatening to fall. Why do I feel like ? I don’t like the feelings I’m feeling right now.

For a moment, Luhan forgot he was in a basketball match. A player runs into him knocking him down. “Luhan!”  Chanyeol screamed worriedly for his friend. The match stopped. While talking to her sunbae Seunghyun, at the corner of her eyes, Chaerin saw the incident happening. Worried for her best friend, she swiftly went to the scene.

She saw Luhan on the floor, groaning in pain. Without any second thoughts, she went to Luhan, kneeling on the floor. She was trying to make Luhan sit upright.  A crowd was now forming a circle around them. ”Luhan, are you okay? Oh my God, your nose. It’s bleeding!” She looks around for something that can stop the bleeding. Chanyeol went to her and gave her his sweaty towel which she gladly accepted.

She pinched Luhan’s nose and bend back his head. Luhan notice the proximity they have. She was close. Too close. Luhan’s eyes started wandering on her facial features. How cute her small little nose is. How her worried feline eyes looks at him. How her thin lips looks so... kissable.

The color red quickly spread over Luhan’s face. How could he think such impure things? How could he think how who those lips would feel on his? His heart started beating rapidly. The butterflies are present in his stomach once again.

“Okay, I think the bleeding has stopped.” Chaerin smiled. She notices that Luhan’s face was red. “Yah, are you okay? Do you feel anything weird?” She asked worriedly. She cupped his face and felt that his cheeks were hot. Luhan grips her P.E shirt.

 “Yes, Chae please call the school doctor. I think there is something wrong with me. My heart is beating fast right now. ” Luhan replied which earned him a raised eyebrow and a puzzled  facial expression from the girl

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally! I have added another chapter! Ft. Luhan of EXO

CHAEHAN! CHAEHAN!

I find this ship adorable.

Please do comment and suggest me more crackships. Ships that aren't usually popular. :) 

Till next time! 

Thank you for the upvote! lizole123 and allyie