Love Someone Like You’re Twenty Five.

Love Stages.

Sehun plays with the engagement ring between his fingers, holding it up high once in a while to watch the diamonds sparkle under the fluorescent light. He can already imagine sliding it up Luhan’s finger and the smile on Luhan’s face. Luhan will look so beautiful, even if he’s in tears and thinks that he’s a mess.

“You’re still keeping that?”

Sehun snaps out from his daydream and sees his boss at his office door. “Mr. Zhang,” he greets, getting up immediately and stuffs the ring into his pocket.

His boss rolls his eyes and walks in, waving the files in his hand as he gets closer. “I told you to call me Yixing. We’re about the same age, don’t make me sound like a 50 year-old man.”

Sehun grins. “Okay, Yixing.”

“There you go, you sound friendlier,” Yixing chuckles and hands the files over. “More customers who demand for you to design their husbands’ wedding suit.”

Sehun nods and flips the first file open, scanning the customer’s information. “I’ll get them done on time.”

“I know you will,” Yixing says with a smile. “My father speaks highly of you, I am not worried.”

Sehun returns the smile and puts the files aside. Sitting back down, he picks up his pencil and is about to continue his sketch when Yixing pulls a chair out and sits across him. Sehun looks up, wondering why Yixing is still here.

Yixing points at Sehun’s pants pocket, where he keeps the engagement ring. “You bought that for almost a year.”

Sehun looks down at where Yixing is pointing at lifts his head back up. “Oh, yeah.”

“When are you going to make him legally yours?”

Sehun lets out a soft laugh. “Soon. When time is right.”

“You mean when you aren’t too nervous that you forget how to speak?” Yixing asks, grinning widely.

“Or that?” Sehun laughs again.

Yixing nods and gets off the chair. “Do it soon. Trust me. You’ll feel so much better after asking him. Mentally. Actually, you know what? Physically too.” Sehun’s cheeks redden at that and Yixing chuckles at that sight. “Work hard, Sehun.”

“Sehun, lets—oh!” Luhan stops at his track. “Yixing! Nice to see you here in the office today!”

“My best wedding planner!” Yixing goes up and hugs Luhan tightly; squeezing and shaking him a little while Luhan and Sehun share a confused look. When Yixing lets go, Luhan exhales exaggeratedly just to prove how suffocating the hug is. “Good to see you! We were just talking about you!”

“You were?” Luhan glances from Yixing to Sehun, who shakes his head in return.

Yixing laughs and pats Luhan’s back. “Anyway, I’m leaving. I have lunch with my husband and,” he flicks his wrist and looks down at his watch, “oh, look, I’m an hour late.”

Luhan gives the other man a look but before he can say anything, Yixing turns around and walks away while waving goodbye over his shoulder.

“So,” the wedding planner closes the door and turns to his boyfriend. “Will you still wait for me if I’m an hour late?”

Sehun chuckles as he stands up and walks over to Luhan, who welcomes him with open arms. “I’ll wait for you even if you takes years to get to me,” Sehun says, scooping Luhan into his arms and spins him around. Placing the smaller man down, he then kisses Luhan full on the lips while his hand sneaks back to lock his office door. “Actually, I’ll come to you instead.”

Luhan smiles against Sehun’s lips. “Still cheesy I see, Mr. Oh.”

Sehun pecks Luhan’s lips loudly the last time before letting go and walking back to his desk. “I’ll only stop when you genuinely hate it. But for now, I can tell that you still love this side of me.”

Taking a few steps forward, Luhan crosses his arms as he watches Sehun sits behind his work desk. “So, the movie… tonight.”

“Yeah, what about it?” Sehun asks without looking up while finishing his sketch.

“Are you sure you’re fine with it? I mean, I know you hate going to the theatre. Sehun, you know I won’t force you to do something you don’t like.”

“Well, you aren’t,” Sehun says, putting his pencil down. “I bought the tickets and I asked you so I do want to go.”

“Sehun…”

“You love watching movies and I want to try doing what you love,” Sehun shrugs, “nothing wrong with that.”

Luhan sighs but smiles anyway. “Why are you so nice?”

Sehun smiles back. “Why are you so perfect?”

 

 

 

That evening, their date is cancelled because one of Luhan’s customers is getting a mental breakdown while deciding the right color for the napkins for her wedding reception and Luhan, being the good wedding planner, is there to help her. Sehun is disappointed of course, maybe a little annoyed and relieved at the same time, but he doesn’t tell Luhan. He goes home straight after work and makes his own dinner after Luhan tells him that he’ll get dinner outside. Plopping down onto the couch, he turns the television on and leans back. Sehun eats a mouthful of instant ramen, enjoying it because it’s his first after three years. Luhan never lets Sehun eat anything instant.

“This is the life,” he mumbles after another mouthful of ramen, trying to convince himself that this is the best night ever; just him with his television and a cup of instant noodle. Nothing can beat this. “Yeah.”

Then, he sighs after swallowing the noodles. Who is he trying to kid? “I rather have Luhan here to nag me about this dumb cup of ramen and fight for the remote control with me.”

Slowly dragging himself into the kitchen, Sehun gets rids of the empty cup well (so Luhan doesn’t find it) and drags himself into the bathroom to get ready for bed.

“Luhaaaaaaaaaaaan,” he whines when he falls onto his bed face front. “Just sleep and he’ll be here tomorrow morning. Yes,” he nods and slips under the blanket.

Just when he shuts his eyes, he hears the front door opens and he pushes himself back up.

“Oh, no,” he falls back down and pretends to sleep.

Sehun squeezes his eyes tighter when the footsteps become louder and louder. Oh, how he misses Luhan but he should be mad and disappointed. He probably sounds childish but he really is a little upset.

“Sehun?” he hears Luhan calls. “Hun? Oh.” There’s a sigh and he feels the corner of the bed sinking down a little. “Poor baby,” Luhan whispers as he runs his hand through Sehun’s hair. “I’m sorry,” Luhan says and leans down to kiss Sehun.

Sehun is dying a little inside and he’s trying very hard to stay still.

But Luhan does feel Sehun reacting and he smirks when he pulls back. “Yah, stop pretending and open your eyes.”

Sehun cracks one eye open, anger evident on his face. “No.” Then, he flips around, facing away from his boyfriend.

“Sehun, you’re twenty-five.”

“Twenty-four and eight months.”

Luhan laughs at Sehun’s immaturity. “Look at me so I can apologize and we can make out after that.” Sehun doesn’t budge so Luhan pokes Sehun from the back. “Eh.”

Sehun stays quiet because he isn’t sure if he should just cut the act and hug Luhan to sleep. It’s not entirely an act; he might have exaggerated his feelings a little but…

“I’m really sorry, okay?” Luhan says, voice full of regret. “You probably planned the evening for a very long time and I agreed to help her without discussing with you first. I’m sorry. I’ll just leave… yeah.”

Sehun feels Luhan moving away and he quickly flips himself over, grabbing Luhan by the wrist and tugs him back down. Luhan falls onto Sehun’s chest and when he looks up, his eyes meet Sehun’s. “Don’t,” Sehun mumbles, “never leave me, please.”

Luhan crashes his lips onto Sehun’s and slowly finds his way to be on top of his boyfriend. Sluggishly sitting up, Sehun lets Luhan slides his shirt up and pulls it off in one swift motion. Connecting their lips back together, Luhan is already grinding against Sehun eagerly. It has been so long since the last time they actually got this intimate because of the piled up cases at work.

“L-Luhan,” Sehun chokes when the smaller male stops kissing him and begins trailing his lips southward. “I need to tell you something,” he says as he cups Luhan’s chin.

Luhan pushes Sehun’s hand away and goes lower, biting the elastic band of Sehun’s sweatpants before dragging it down.

“Really?” Luhan stops to look up at Sehun with an annoyed look. “Boxers? Make my life easier, man.”

“Luhan, listen to me,” Sehun tries to stop Luhan but his growing isn’t really helping in calming the man down. “I have an important thing to—“

Luhan shakes his head, eyes focusing on Sehun’s crotch. “Nothing’s stopping me.”

Luhan reaches out to grab Sehun but Sehun gets him first, tossing him over and pins him against the bed. The tiny man struggles under Sehun’s grip but Sehun is too strong so Luhan gives up. The lust that clouds Luhan’s mind dies a little and Luhan sighs.

“Okay,” he nods under Sehun’s intense gaze. “Shoot.”

Sehun smiles and gets off Luhan. Half confused and half irritated (fully aroused), Luhan watches as Sehun rolls off bed to get something from the closet.

“This better be worth it.”

Sehun appears from the closet and gets back onto the bed. Kneeling before Luhan, he inhales deeply while holding the ring behind him. “When you’re not home tonight, I finally realized how much my life without you. And this is coming from someone who just had the television to himself and a cup of ramen for dinner.”

Luhan gasps. “YOU HAD CUP—“

“I hated it!” Sehun cuts in. “I don’t want to be able to watch whatever I want. I don’t want to eat noodles from a cup.” Sehun looks away, recalling how sad it was. “I want someone to change the channel when I’m watching my favorite documentary. I want someone to take my favorite instant noodle away from me and return with a healthier dinner. I want you to be that person, Luhan,” he confesses, turning back to look at his boyfriend.

To his surprise, Luhan’s eyes are b with tears but Luhan is smiling and Sehun finds himself chuckling at the situation.

“Okay,” Luhan nods. “Okay, I’ll stay home every night after work,” he says, followed by a soft giggle.

Sehun shakes his head and Luhan stares back with a confused expression. “No,” he pauses and finally holds the ring out to Luhan. Luhan’s eyes widen. “I want you to marry me.”

“Okay,” Luhan breathes, eyes not leaving the ring.

“I love you so much, I don’t think I can live without you. My life revolves around you. I love my job because of you. , Luhan, I create these so called amazing suits because I imagine you wearing them everyday—what?” Sehun stops blabbering when Luhan’s answer finally gets into his head.

“Okay,” Luhan repeats, eyeing the ring without a single blink.

“A-are you sure?”

“Yes!” Luhan throws himself onto Sehun, arms around the other’s neck. “Yes! Yes! Yes!”

“O-okay,” Sehun lets out the breath he has been holding all this while and hugs Luhan back with a pleased smile. “Okay.”

Luhan releases Sehun out of the sudden and flaps his hand at Sehun’s face. “Well, hurry, put the ring on my finger.”

Sehun laughs and holds Luhan’s hand. Slowly, he slides the ring onto Luhan’s delicate finger. “There.”

As Luhan withdraws his hand, he can’t stop staring at the band around his finger. “It’s more beautiful when I wear it,” he cries. Then, he looks away from the ring and gives Sehun a goofy smile. “I love you.”

Sehun has to resist from jumping his adorable fiancé right there and then. “I love you too.”

Climbing onto Sehun’s lap, Luhan takes one last glance at the engagement ring before focusing back on Sehun. “Well, now that’s over, can I you off now?”

“Oh, god, yes.”

 

 

 

At the age of 25, Sehun gets the best of his life.

 

Kidding.

 

At the age of 25, Sehun fulfills his dream to marry Luhan even though he’s not the bride.

 

 

 

#ialreadyknowwhatya'llgonnasay