Love Someone Like You’re Sixteen.

Love Stages.

Staring at his reflection in the mirror, Sehun has a poker face on the outside but inside, he’s thinking of ways to tell Jongin he doesn’t want to be friends anymore.

“Jongin, I look like you.”

The boy smirks, leaning against the wall as he scans Sehun from head to toe and back up to meet his eyes. “I know. Well, you did say you want to catch people’s attention and I happen to be the expert at that.”

Sehun frowns. “No, I said I want to catch Luhan’s attention.”

“Luhan is one of them,” Jongin states, crossing his arms. “Why do you want one person’s attention when you can have the entire school gawking at you?”

“Because I don’t care about the other people?”

Jongin laughs and steps forward to pat Sehun on his shoulder. “Eh, you’re funny, do you know that? Anyway,” he turns to look into the mirror, “look at that, you’re so handsome!”

Sehun begs to differ. “I look like a walking leather—I’m taking them off.”

“No!” Jongin stops Sehun from stepping out of the changing room. “You look cool! Hey, I did you a favor and you’re going to buy me lunch anyway. Believe me, for once!”

Sehun exhales. “Fine.”

 

 

 

When Sehun walks down the hallway, he never expects that many pairs of eyes to be on him. Sure, he looks weird and he sticks out like a sore thumb but this time around, it isn’t because of his height but—

“Whoa there!” Sehun feels a tug on his leather sleeve and he’s being turned around by force and—“Where are you going, hot stuff?” It’s Luhan and he’s looking at Sehun from head to toe AND SEHUN CAN’T BREATHE. “Or blind stuff,” Luhan corrects himself with a chuckle as he reaches up to take Sehun’s sunglasses off. “Did you not see me just now?”

“I, uhh,” Sehun blinks at the sudden change of brightness, “no, but I was thinking of you?”

“Aren’t you sweet?” Luhan giggles and pulls Sehun down by his collar to kiss him on the lips. Sehun loves this. He loves it when Luhan does things unexpectedly and it makes him all warm inside. It’s a great feeling and he wonders if he has such effect on Luhan too. “Are you trying to make me jealous?” his boyfriend asks out of the sudden as he pulls back a little, lips brushing slightly.

It takes Sehun a few seconds to switch from a dazed look to a surprised one. “No! I wouldn’t dare!” He shakes his head. “I wanted to look different for you,” Sehun adds and leans in to capture Luhan’s lips again when Luhan pulls back even more. He whimpers. “You believe me, don’t you?”

Luhan tilts his head, trying to hold back his laughter because he’s such a mean boyfriend and Sehun looks like he’s about to cry. “Of course, silly!” Luhan smiles as he pinches Sehun’s cheeks. The taller (finally) man pouts and Luhan wraps his arms around Sehun’s neck. “Aww,” Luhan coos, “if I let you kiss me, will you forgive me?”

Sehun’s expression doesn’t change but he finally breaks into a tiny grin 10 seconds later and pulls Luhan in for another kiss.

“Ew, get a room, get away from my locker,” a tiny man pushes both of them apart and comes in between them.

Luhan chuckles at his best friend and then his lower lip while Sehun stands on the other side with a confused look on. “Hi, Baekhyun.”

 

 

 

“You are so whipped.”

Sehun barely glances at Jongin as he takes his order from the counter and exits Starbucks with Jongin catching up to him. It’s a Saturday afternoon and he should be in his room getting ready for Jongdae’s party but stopping by Starbucks for a few minutes won’t hurt. He knows Luhan loves their muffins.

“I’m just being a nice boyfriend.”

“You only have half an hour to get ready for your first unsupervised teen party and you’re worried about Luhan not getting his weekly dose of Starbucks muffin?”

Sehun takes out his car keys and unlocks his car. Before going in, he looks at Jongin seriously as he answers, “Luhan might be hungry while getting ready.”

Jongin rolls his eyes at his best friend while Sehun gets into the car and he follows suit.

Sehun drives fast, which is something Jongin doesn’t expect because Sehun is slow in everything else. When they reach Sehun’s house, Jongin grabs Sehun’s key and dashes right into the building because it’s just like his second home. Jongin is normally here after school and leaves whenever Luhan drops by at night.

Sehun is walking up the stairs slowly when he receives a text message from Luhan that he’s ready. Sehun runs up to his room in seconds and changes faster than Jongin.

 

 

 

A wild party is probably the last place you’ll find Sehun but when Luhan found out about the invitation to Jongdae’s party, he looked really excited and Sehun couldn’t say no to Luhan. Ever. So, there he is, standing in a corner looking very bored while waiting for his boyfriend to arrive, but on the inside he’s really nervous about being here.

“Here you go,” Jongin says as he shoves a drink in Sehun’s hand.

“What is this?”

“This is me saving you from being judged as a loser,” Jongin explains, taking a sip from his own plastic cup. Sehun holds it up to his nose and takes a sniff. Jongin rolls his eyes. “There goes my effort.”

“Is this alcohol?”

“No, it’s water.”

“It doesn’t smell like water.”

“Then it’s orange juice!” Jongin snaps. “Sehun, I won’t poison you. Just drink it.” Sehun shakes his head and Jongin sighs. “I’d like to see you question Luhan when he’s the one handing you a drink.”

“I trust Luhan.”

“Ouch.”

“Sehun!” Sehun’s ears perk up at that and he’s craning his neck to look for the owner of that voice. Just then, he sees Luhan walking towards him and he almost drops the drink in his hand. Luhan looks so beautiful. “Hey!”

“Hi,” Sehun breathes, body stiffening at Luhan’s hand on his arm.

“Hello to you too,” Baekhyun grumbles and Luhan laughs, slapping his best friend’s arm playfully. “What? It would be nice if Sehun acknowledges my existence for once!”

“He knows you’re here, right?” Luhan directs his question to Sehun and Sehun forgets how to talk.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes and walks to Jongin’s side, pulling onto his hand. “Come on, let’s go dance!” he says even though the both of them don’t know each other.

The couple watches as Baekhyun drags a very scared Jongin to the dance floor and then Luhan laughs, turning back to his boyfriend. Sehun is still lost for words.

“Hey,” Luhan looks concerned, “are you okay?”

Sehun gulps, feeling Luhan’s hands caressing his arms. His hands are shaking and it’s a miracle the drink hasn’t spilled yet. “Y-yeah.”

It is wrong to be this beautiful, even in the dark.

Especially when it makes Sehun feels what he shouldn’t be feeling.

Luhan sighs. “I knew you’re going to hate it here, why did you agree to come in the first place? You could have told me. I don’t mind spending another Saturday night watching movies in bed with you.”

“I-I—that’s not it. I, uhh, you look beautiful,” he blurts out suddenly and he soon regrets when Luhan says nothing. He feels his cheeks burning, not only his body.

Luhan chuckles and even under the dim light, Sehun can see the flushed cheeks. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” Sehun swallows.

They stay in silence, standing at the exact same spot just watching the people dance because Luhan knows Sehun hates the crowd so he never asks Sehun to dance with him. Luhan reaches out to grab the untouched drink in Sehun’s hand and without thinking, he chugs it all down. Sehun is speechless when Luhan hands the empty plastic cup back.

“What?”

“Nothing,” Sehun says as he shakes his head, looking down at the cup. “Uhh, I don’t think that’s water, I—“

“Sprite,” Luhan hiccups, “with alcohol.”

“Oh.”

Luhan looks over to Sehun and the intense gaze Luhan is giving him makes his knees weak. “You drove your car, right?” Sehun nods hesitantly. “Good, let’s get out of here.”

 

 

 

“Cause when you’re fifteen and somebody tells you they love you, you’re gonna believe them,” Luhan mumbles along with the song playing on the radio.

They’re by the park and the street is empty, only a few cars parked in front of Sehun’s car. Sehun doesn’t know the reason why Luhan asked him to drive them to the park; his original plan was to get Luhan home.

“Sehun?”

“Yeah?”

“Why are you not singing?”

Sehun shrugs. “Don’t feel like it.”

“But you always do,” Luhan pouts childishly, turning to lie on his side so he can see Sehun. “It’s our song.”

“We were 10,” Sehun replies. “I don’t think I love the song now.”

“Why not?”

Sehun looks over at Luhan, whose eyes are almost closing. “Because we’re no longer 15.”

“Nonsense,” Luhan says simply and turns to the other side, not wanting to face his boyfriend anymore. “You used to be cute and tiny and obedient. Now you’re just tall and strong and smells nice and .”

That’s the first time Sehun hears Luhan curse.

Sehun stares at the back of his boyfriend, gaze trailing along the curves of Luhan’s body and he reaches out, almost touching Luhan’s hips when he moves his hand up instead, resting his hand on Luhan’s shoulder.

“Luhan,” he begins gently, “if… if I tell you I love you, will you believe me?”

Luhan stays still and Sehun can hear the soft breathing of the person he loves. Sehun sighs when Luhan says nothing and is about to put his hand back on the wheel to drive them home when Luhan grabs it tightly.

“Luhan—“

Without facing him, Luhan asks in very weak voice, as though afraid, “Sehun, if I say I want you to touch me… the whole of me… will you?”

They do it for the first time that night; they’re inexperience and it is awkward but they don’t regret it. Just when he thinks Luhan’s singing is beautiful, Sehun hears Luhan’s pleas, moans and chokes sobs at 1 in the morning and he swears he’s the luckiest guy on earth. The moment he plunges himself into Luhan, he feels like he has reached his high and when he’s about to pull out, Luhan is him back in. It doesn’t take long for Sehun to come. When he does, he’s awake enough to remove his before he spills into Luhan but Luhan is faster, trapping Sehun with his legs around Sehun’s hips and pushing his boyfriend back in. They’re both breathing heavily as Sehun falls onto Luhan, tired from the . Luhan slowly turns his head to the side so he can place a kiss onto Sehun’s sweaty neck.

He smiles against the wet skin. “I love you.”

The next morning, Sehun is the first to wake up and he smiles when he sees Luhan curled up in his arms. He holds the smaller male closer and kissed those tear-stained cheeks.

“I love you so, so much.”

 

 

 

At the age of 16, Sehun wants to be Luhan’s only one.

 

 

#expectfromauthorbutauthordoesnt