Five

You Don't Bite?!

FIVE

Thus, their journey together begun.  

 

 

The Lodge | 0912

Sehun

“Seriously, Baekhyun, that was very dangerous of you for letting him run out of the room unguarded. Who knows what else preys on him now that he’s awakened,” Sehun puffed out a breath to clear his multicoloured fringe from covering his eyes.

 

“Wow, Sehun, that’s the first time I heard you talk more than a sentence! Congratulations for breaking a record,” Baekhyun laughed, his eyes a knowing twinkle.

 

“What even?” Sehun shook his head, gave the Oracle a side look and got up.

 

He led himself away from the demi-God, torn between wanting to run a finger or two on Luhan’s face while he lay peacefully on the bed, and headed for the single available couch in the room.

 

“I knew he was going to run out, I knew you were just meters away from us, I predicted he was going to faint and you guys came back safe and sound. I don’t see a problem in it, now do you?”

 

“What if I wasn’t there?”

 

“That’s almost impossible, Sehun. You won’t admit it, but you care, a lot. Such a beautiful love story, I’d say; of a demi-God and a daywalker. How long have you been in love with him, huh?”

 

“In love? Whatever, anyway, where is Luhan headed to next?”

 

“We’re going to Peru; Machu Picchu. I hope he recovers fast enough, he needs to. Who knows when the next attack would come?”

 

“Aren’t you the Oracle?”

 

“Indeed, I am. But, I can only do so much. I’m not as powerful an Oracle as my ancestors. In fact, I’m lucky enough to be granted the opportunity to fight alongside with the demi-God.”

 

“What do you mean? Don’t speak in riddles, Oracle,” Sehun warned, both their attentions directed to Luhan when he suddenly jerked on the bed.

 

Baekhyun laid a calming hand on his forehead and the baby curls gently.

 

“Before Luhan came, a prophecy came to me; ‘a telekinetic genesis creature will come forth from afar. The Oracle will follow, a human will tag along, continued by a healer, trailed by the duo, and pursued with an almighty fire breather. When the angels reunite, the journey home will guide them to the Royal and its Gate Keeper. From then on, evil will be waiting, waiting to devour the twelve. But with unity, the balance will be kept with the Companion’s sacrifice.’ The telekinetic genesis is Luhan and I’m sure you remember witnessing him in action. The Oracle is me and our journey continues.”

 

Sehun was quiet for a few moment, he didn’t know things were to turn this way. Honestly, he was glad that he met Luhan even before this. With the knowledge of the evil that awaits Luhan’s arrival, he wanted nothing more than to protect the demi-God.

 

“Can’t he not do this? Can’t we all just go back?”

 

“I’m afraid that’s impossible. If we were to go back and pretend like nothing of this ever happened, the consequences would be even more severe. The darker forces will find Luhan, and consume him in his weakest state which would be the Luhan who was never awakened. If he didn’t so much as start this journey, humans might not even be able to exist anymore in the future.”

 

“So, you’re saying an awakened Luhan would be the one to save the world, all on his own?”

 

“Twelve, Sehun, twelve. Luhan is the start of everything, and he has to end everything.”

 

Sehun nodded, not knowing what to say as he looked at the fragile male on the bed.

 

“But still, I don’t understand the whole prophecy. I understand the other eleven, but the final…” he didn’t finish the sentence and they looked at each other.

 

Sehun was curious; Baekhyun looked at him with that weird I-know-it-all look. The Oracle gasped and continued looking at him like he’s some kind of antidote to an incurable disease.

 

“Ahha, now I get it!” A fist met a palm; Baekhyun got up from the bed and smiled to himself despite the seriousness of the situation.

 

“All right, I have to go back and pack my things up. Can you be a good boy and look after Luhan for a little while?”

 

“What? I’m not a boy, just so you know.”

 

“Okay, that settles it then. I’ll be off. I’ll come back as soon as possible.”

 

The Oracle left the room with a soft click of the door shutting, leaving Luhan and him alone. Alone. That rarely happens. In a moment’s dash, Sehun was by Luhan’s side. The Chinese male was restless in his unconsciousness. It worried the sol vampire to no end, wanting to know what is causing him such discomfort. He knew about Luhan’s problem with his dreams from the many encounters he saw back at home.

 

How the two Angels were always there to help him go through the night. He recalled how the Archangel would get in bed, and hug Luhan in his sleep, whispers of comforting words, would calm Luhan. Or how the other male, the Angel would sit beside a thrashing Luhan and sing him to sleep with his beautiful voice throughout the night. Sehun by all means could do none of them.

 

He then finally decided on sitting awkwardly beside the Chinese male, his petite body pressed beside Sehun’s thigh. A hesitant hand reached out when Luhan started gasping, his hands started reaching out for nothingness in the calm spring air that flowed swiftly into the room. Sehun blinked once, twice. Both hands shot up to grab the other’s slim flailing ones.

 

Without any prior notice, Sehun felt tingles sparking from the touch he was sharing with Luhan, unpleasant feelings settling at the ribcage that held his eternally non-beating heart. Slowly, very slowly, Sehun’s fingers crawled their way down from the pale forearm to the slender wrists which then grabbed for the delicate fingers. He held their hands up, spreading their palms together, enjoying the fact that their hands seemed to be perfectly sculpted for one another.

 

Sehun intertwined them, feeling the soft pads against his knuckles and a smile adorned his lips as it was the rarest thing that has ever happened in half a century of his life. The gasping ceased, yet Sehun could hear his heart beating wildly still. He listed down his current favourite playlist and settled on humming Huh Gak’s Memory of Your Scent, another rare thing the daywalker has ever did.

 

Replaying the song several times, he stopped when Luhan’s heartbeat finally settled. Sehun always wondered what are the dreams that were forever haunting Luhan; were they of his past or perhaps his future? Sehun noticed that he had climbed on the bed more than he wanted. Pushing himself back, he tried to calm his own rapid breathing. He sensed that Luhan was about to wake up and he went for the first thing that got to his mind.

 

He lowered his head, close to Luhan’s enticing feature and puckered his lips against the male’s forehead, landing with a soft sensation of skin against skin. In a heartbeat, Sehun dashed and was out of the room.

 

 

The Lodge | 1010

Luhan

“Luhan, Luhan…” The soft, sweet voice called out.

 

“Luhan,” the voice repeated, this time the voice laced with a minor sternness, yet it made Luhan feel like home.

 

He tried looking around, seeing nothing but black darkness.

 

“Wake up, darling,” the voice echoed.

 

Bright lights settled in his eyes and he could barely make out two figures in front of him.

 

Darling?

 

His dual-tinted irises finally adjusted to the light, but not that he noticed it, and he looked around to finally see the pair of figures in front of him.

 

“Uh…” His first impression on the lady was that she is undeniably beautiful, angelic even, but the gleaming red eyes gave her divine feature away, reckless and playful, speculations circling Luhan’s thoughts. His eyes moved on to the man beside her, he was exceptionally handsome, beastly even, but the noted coral blue tint of his eyes showed something else, it was more calm and calculative.

 

“Luhan, my baby, I missed you,” the lady stepped forward and embraced Luhan.

 

Shocked? Scared? Creeped out? He didn’t know what he actually felt. He stood there, stock still as the woman with captivating beauty hugged him tighter as she chanted my baby, Luhan over and over again.

 

“Never fear, Luhan. I’m sure you’ve met Baekhyun, right?” Luhan looked up to the man who spoke of his new friend.

 

He nodded once.

 

“Then I assume he told you about us, your parents.”

 

Blinking profusely, he tried to hold back the tear, his mind racking over those years when he imagined having real parents, ones that would watch him grow, teach him things school never taught, sing him lullabies to sleep, read stories with him, advice him when he needed wise words during his adolescent years, arguing once or twice. There were so many things that he could add to the list and keep going, but none of which would come true.

 

“Mom? Dad?” It tasted foreign, escaping his lips for the very first time, but it felt like, again, home.

 

“Mom…Dad,” he said, firmly the second time, becoming more and more familiar as he stared at the two people before him, at his parents.

 

“Mom,” the title rolled out of his lips and his hands came to wrap themselves around the slim figure of his mother.

 

He refused to cry, he didn’t want them to feel guilty, although he was so broken inside. When things between them finally settled down, Luhan took the first step to ask them things he always wanted to know. Indeed Baekhyun told him the truth, which his mother was a Demon, and father an Archangel. He only got to stay with his parents for a year when the Demon that consumed his mother found the family of three and killed his parents. They knew that it was bound to happen; his father was one of the Tree of Life keepers. In one year, after Luhan’s birth, they travelled around the world, to the seven wonders and scattered the sacred twelve.

 

Now, Luhan has to bring them back together to put an end to the Demon King’s evil plan of ruling the world. His mother cried and cried, apologizing to Luhan on how such huge responsibilities shouldn’t be put on her poor, lonely son.

 

In the end, he told his mother in a soft tone, “it’s because God loves me, loves us, more, that’s why I’m given such trust and duty to save everyone. Words could not define how thankful I am for being born with such great parents.”

 

At that, his mother sobbed and wailed in his father’s arms, and Luhan smiled, joining his parents on a family hug.

 

“It’s time for you to wake up, now, my dear. Take a very good care of yourself. Now, your nightmares are over and this may be the last time we’ll see you, my son,” his mother said, fresh tears started dropping again.

 

His father had to pry his mother away from Luhan since she wasn’t letting her son go. Luhan chuckled, but he too didn’t want to let go.

 

“Time’s up, Luhan. May God bless your journey, my son. Remember this, only trust those with the symbols. And, just a little hint, your Companion is quite a little creeper, but don’t worry, he loves you.”

 

Loves?

 

He was about to ask what his father meant when his parents vanished right before his eyes, and he started floating against gravity, unmoored, higher and higher off the ground in his dream. He felt warm hands clasped onto his, but it wasn’t Minseok’s warm embrace. He heard of a pleasing hum, yet it wasn’t Jongdae’s soprano lullaby. Then he felt something soft pressed against his forehead, the lovely warmth spreading at the touch; definitely not Jongdae and Minseok. Oddly, the smell was familiar, the unnamed posh perfume, floral and sunlight.  

 

But when his eyes finally settled on the afternoon light that escaped through brown curtains, no one was there. A note was left on the bedside table, delicate, neat cursive Hangul characters carefully written on a piece of white paper.

 

Luhan,

I’m away for a while. Packing stuff. Will come back to you soon. Don’t worry. Rest well.

Baekhyun.

 

He looked over to his luggage, it was neatly packed, all of his belongings set aside together. He got up and approached the bathroom, splashing water on his face a few times when he got to the sink. He remembered nothing of the previous night, but he really wanted to know what happened. He would ask Baekhyun later on, if he would tell him. Luhan had the instinct that tells him Baekhyun wouldn’t say a word about it and make Luhan remember it himself.

 

A few short raps on his front door, and Luhan headed back inside to open it. Baekhyun was at the door with a smile, and a shy hi. Luhan knew that he felt guilty for having to be the one to tell him the truth and making him run away, but he knew it was inevitable. He welcomed Baekhyun with a smile and let him in. Thus, their journey together begun.  

 

 



Fifth chapter up. And still no conscious!Luhan. Seriously, I'm sorry. This has to change doesn't it? Anyway, drop comments, I'd love to hear your opinions. Sub if you're willing to read one-sided!HunHan (for a few chapters). Up next, can anyone guess who they're going to meet? 

May 9

P.S

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, BYUN BAEKHYUN!