One

You Don't Bite?!

ONE 

That was probably the first time that the fire was attracted to the moth instead of the other way around.

 

 

April 12, 2008

Lila Art High School | 0723

Sehun

Bright harlequin green eyes hidden by a pair of dark shaded Ray Bans was intently watching a 19 year-old Chinese boy running down Yejang-dong Street to his school. Humans don’t really interest Oh Sehun much in general since he’s always supplied with his V8 juice anywhere he went. Well yeah, he can’t possibly carry large plants around and them dry. Personally, he detests vegetables, but oh well, it is better than feeding off of humans or animals. Yes, Sehun is a sol vampire. Far from those blood- brothers and sisters he has no relation whatsoever with, his diet is solely based on plants. Being a daywalker has granted him the ability to walk under and enjoy the Sun's beautiful warmth.

 

His dietary needs also differ from normal vampires; in which those who feed on humans or animals, because his body is energized by chlorophyll. At the busy Seoul district he currently resided in, Sehun frequented the florist which is a 15-minute drive away to get his monthly supplies of plants and mashed his own V8 concoction. He would always cross path with the curly mop top teenage male; his smell; essence especially, is very intriguing and it caught Sehun off guard. He was ashamed of himself for having the slightest bit of interest in a mere human, but no one would ever know about it. He lived alone hence the unneeded fact to explain himself to anyone.

 

He noticed the boy even before this, but the other probably didn’t even know of his existence. They encountered each other at the convenient store, the main shopping mall a few times and even at the florist's little shop if Sehun happened to be lucky enough to drop by on weekends. The male is a friend of the shop’s owner; Jaehyo and out of pure curiosity, Sehun asked the boy’s name – indirectly. He learnt that the Chinese boy went by the name ‘Luhan’ and he actually thought that it’s indeed a cute name. Last weekend, Sehun happened to be out and about on his usual Sun-absorbing outing day when the boy was there as well. He didn’t know if it was his imagination or what, but the boy seemed to glow in his napping state. A book lay stranded on his lap as both hands pressed on a dog eared page of the English novel. The soft melodic spring air brushed the rich brown locks on Luhan's temple to a slow waltz. His back firmly pressed against the bark of a cherry blossom tree, head slightly tilted, lips slightly parted, Sehun thought that the boy was an angel in disguise.  But, no angel would go unalarmed if he was present, even if he’s one of the good guys. Unknowingly to him, his legs took small steps forward because even with the enhanced sight above a great horned owl, he wished to take a closer look of the boy. That was probably the first time that the fire was attracted to the moth instead of the other way around. As he drew a hand out to touch the silky almost-afro curly hair, he heard an audible warning.

 

“Don’t you dare lay a finger on him, you bloodsucker,” the voice oozed with pure hatred.

 

Sehun’s action came to a halt, his eyes still lingered on Luhan. Oh how he wanted to run a finger on those luscious frosted tulip tint lips. 

 

The figure might be a few meters away and any normal human wouldn’t be able to hear such threat, but alas, Sehun knew that his identity was revealed when the male only whispered his threat and the daywalker turned around to face a rather short male with messy brown hair. 

 

An Archangel?

 

And right beside him, another male bore the same gaze as the Archangel, but his seemed less threatening and Sehun sighed.

 

Plus, an angel? Where did all of them come from?

 

“Oops, I guess,” lifting both hands as a sign of surrendering. Seeing as not many people were around them, Sehun dashed forward, closing their distance, and murmured, “and, I’m not a ed up bloodsucker.” To prove his point, his once calm green eyes turned deep sparkling caramels and walked away from the two angels, not waiting for their response.

 

He was so close to Luhan, yet so far. Since then on, he followed Luhan’s scent. When he went to school, when he got back home to an apartment he shared with the two angels Sehun met at the park before and even on his random visits to cafes, public libraries or even the field since he was passionate about football. Sehun was dumbfounded with the two angels’ presence wherever the boy went. They were like his guardians, and Luhan didn’t even have a single clue about it. At first, it was just curiosity that led him to follow Luhan around, but in the end, he failed to notice that he actually felt as protective as the two angels were over Luhan. The boy is very prone to accidents, and the Archangel seemed to always be there to save the sorry Chinese boy’s .

 

He looked back up again from his crouching position on the top of the tree he was hiding at, a perfect view of Luhan over the distance, laughing over something the Archangel was saying. Both the angels had their arms around Luhan, and Sehun felt a knot twisting in his tummy, and he didn't think the knot would ever be untied. He thought it was hunger, but when the V8 bottle in his hand crushed and his favourite wheat grass flavour started dripping down his clenched fist, Sehun knew that damn, this is not ing hunger. It’s ing jealousy.

 

 

 

April 12, 2014

Block Bee Florist | 1506

Luhan

“Jaehyo-ah, I can’t convince Luhan not to leave and he’s already booked flight tickets to travel the world!” Kim Minseok whined and stomped his feet below the countertop of the florist’s workplace.

 

Jongdae was right beside him, rubbing soothing circles on the elder’s hand. He can't do anything since the elder was pulling off his unusual aegyos.  

 

Luhan looked at his good friend, “I’ve made this decision from the very beginning, Minseokkie. You, of all people should have known that it’s my wish to travel to great places. Plus, I just got my Master and I’m tired from studying. I just need to go out there and see the world for myself.”

 

“Yeah, Minseok. Luhan suffered a lot, and who knows what Luhan would experience when he goes off travelling on his own,” Jaehyo suggested as he cut off the stem of a white calla lily with care.

 

“You know how Luhan gets on certain nights, I’m just scared of the fact that he couldn’t survive on his own. Maybe, just maybe, I should follow you, Luhan-ah,” Minseok tried, hoping that Luhan would give up on his wish.

 

Luhan pouted, an aegyo for an aegyo, “that’s not fair, Minnie. I’m 25, and I’m not an invalid. Jongdae-ah, say something, anything, even, please?”

 

“You know that I think MInseok is right. It’s too dangerous for you to go off on your own and your nightmares…” Jongdae looked up to meet his eyes; a flicker of regret crossed his beautiful long-lashed eyes. He didn't mean to bring up the sensitive topic, but at some point, even the Angel had to give a say in things.

 

“It’s getting better, guys. I’m having lesser bad dreams,” his soft voice wafted through the four-wall confinement of Jaehyo’s flower shop. Minseok’s gaze never faltered, boring into his soul, as if the boy could read his mind.

 

But what Luhan failed to tell his housemates was that instead of nightmares, he had been getting dreams of a tall, slender male at the seven parts of the world. It wasn’t his intention to actually find out who the male was; he did plan the trip a long time ago. He promised himself that he would travel the world once he finished his studies. Luhan sighed deeply. Jongdae was easily convinced, but Minseok, he’s like Luhan’s parents molded into one. He doesn’t have any, parents that is. Luhan had been an orphan longer than he could remember. But, Minseok and Jongdae had always been by his side. They met during middle school; Luhan was adopted by a pair of kind old couple who took care of him like their own son right after he met the two of them. Since then, there haven’t been a day when Minseok isn’t around Luhan, doting on each and everything he did. Another heavy sigh resonated through the shop as the little bell on the door tinkled.

 

“Fine, Luhan. Go to your little trip. Don’t say I didn’t warn you,” Minseok sighed, again, and their attention was directed on the figure that just entered the place.

 

Luhan couldn’t recall when the last time was or maybe when he saw this stranger before, but he seemed familiar somehow. Minseok and Jongdae both shifted on their seats while Luhan just smiled at the stranger, unaware of his friends' change in demeanor.

 

“The usual?” Jaehyo asked as he got up from his work chair.

 

The tall boy nodded, his striking pink hair bounced softly at the slight action.

 

“Okay, excuse me, gentlemen. I have to get something from the back,” the owner said and hurried to the back of the shop.

 

The stranger’s back view was all Luhan could see, since he guessed that the male's attention was on the flowers instead, but he wasn’t complaining the least bit. Before he was caught staring at this tall stranger, Luhan rolled his eyes to himself and decided to get on his way. 

 

“Anyway, I better get going. I have some other things to settle before I set off. So many things to do, so little time,” Luhan sprang off the chair easily and grabbed for his black leather bag.

 

He waved to his friends and left the shop when he shouted a good bye, Jaehyo! Before he went out the door, the stranger’s shaded eyes were turned slightly and in a moment, Luhan felt an electrifying jolt coursed through his body when Luhan thought that they stared at each other. Shaking his head once again, Luhan skipped out the door. He then forgot all about a pink haired stranger as he head to town to get ready for his trips.

 

 

 

Block Bee Florist | 1559

Sehun

“Where is he going?” Sehun asked, curiosity got the better of his usual unobtrusive character.

 

“Why do you care, fang boy?” Minseok spat.

 

“It’s been years since you insulted me. Play nice,” the daywalker replied.

 

“Why should I? You’re all the same,” Minseok snapped as Jaehyo emerged from the back entrance.

 

“Minseok, that’s quite enough. Sehun’s a harmless sol vampire. He won’t harm any beings associated with blood,” Jaehyo explained.

 

“W-What?! Hey, Kim Minseok, that’s not what you told me three years ago,” Jongdae voiced out and Minseok looked at his lover, surprise written all over the younger's face.

 

“You know how I don’t like him and his race come close to us. Plus, Luhan doesn’t need any more supernatural beings in his life when he’s one himself,” his annoyed tone hearable.

 

“What do you mean, Archangel?” Sehun asked.

 

“I believe it’s none of your business,” Minseok replied, all too quickly.

 

“Guys, get out now if you want to fight. Just not in front of my babies,” Jaehyo said as he pointed his fingers outside.

 

“Sorry, man. Anyway, where is Luhan going?” Sehun inquired again, tone a tad bit softer this time.

 

“Don’t play dumb, sol boy. I know you heard us. You were up there, watching and listening to us. I’m surprised Luhan still hadn’t notice a weird green eyed creep is following him around,” Minseok retaliated and hopped off the chair.

 

“Oh…” Sehun replied as he paid for his plant, its chlorophyll driving him insane for 2 seconds. He ignored the fact that the Archangel just called him a 'weird green eyed creep' since he was satisfied with the confirmation.

 

“Don’t you ‘oh’ me, and don’t follow him too close,” Minseok said as he opened the door to leave, grabbing Jongdae by the hand. “Your eyes might scare him away. Plus, keep him safe, flower killer,” Minseok mumbled.

 

Sehun snickered when the two angels left.

 

“He trusts you, that’s odd,” Jaehyo said, even he was puzzled with Minseok’s words.

 

“Only because I can’t his friend dry,” Sehun scoffed and took the potted plant into his hand.

 

“You’re funny, Sehun. I like that. I just hope with this trip you’re tailing Luhan, he would like you back,” he smiled and excused himself before Sehun could reply anything.

 

He was curious, but it had been 6 years of curiousity. Leaving the florist, Sehun looked around, sniffing the air for his favourite scent; an exotic mash of sweet candy floss and zesty tang of lemons. It was different, like Heaven and Hell. Luhan was his personal brand of eau de parfum. Leaving the plant in his mansion’s greenhouse, he dashed out in search of his private fragrance. 

 

 



First chapter posted. Don't hate me, please. And oh my God, thank you to those who subbed and even as nice as to upvote YDB. Love you guys

April 3