Two

You Don't Bite?!

TWO

Oh, you mean you didn’t know he’s a Daeva, a Demi-God to be precise?

 

 

Incheon International Airport | 1342

Luhan

“Luhan, have you got everything packed? Passport, toiletries, undergarment, have you got them all?” Minseok fussed over Luhan as the group of four walked into the airport after their lunch.

 

“Seriously, Minseok, you’re a perfect example of a mother doting on her 5-year-old. I’ve got everything with me; passport, toiletries and undergarment. For heaven’s sake, calm down,” Luhan whispered the last item on Kim Minseok’s ‘Wanted’ list.

 

“Unless I know you’ve got everything under control and could be fine by yourself, then I would stop nagging like the mother hen I am,” the other huffs and Jongdae laughed at their interaction.

 

He knew that Minseok will never, ever stop worrying about Luhan. But in all honesty, why did Minseok ask about Luhan’s undergarment out of all the other things he could have questioned. After much unneeded fussing and insistent fretting, Luhan finally checked in and went through the gates to wait for his flight, with a noisy Minseok still leaving advising at his back and in the end Luhan turned around and left his friends with a dazzling smile plus a flying kiss to Minseok. The gates for his flight is still closed as Luhan parked himself on one of the connected steel seats and plugged his Beats on while pressing ‘play’ on his mobile; head and fingers moving in sync to the soft ballad tempo. Going through his phone as he heard the incessant buzzing, he was already missing Minseok’s nagging, Jongdae’s supporting and Jaehyo’s ability in calming everything down.

 

 

 

JFK International Airport | 1343; local time

Sehun

It was still afternoon by the time the plane touched down in JFK International Airport after the 13-hour flight finally ended at its one and only stop. Sehun peered over Luhan, the human was awake halfway through the flight and was already ready to leave his seat. He analyzed the younger; he seemed quite jumpy when the flight attendant’s voice finally wafted through its sound system. The male was restless, well Sehun would be too if it was his first time alone without his friends – or guardians – around him. But Luhan put on a confident mask as the other two passengers beside him left their seats and he got up to leave as well. Waiting for a few more seconds to avoid any unwanted situations, Sehun finally got up and reached up for his bag on the overhead compartment, yet his nose never leaving the intoxicating scent of the male he was following. Their next flight wasn’t scheduled to leave for the next twenty one hours or so, so he figured that Luhan would stay over at one of the hotels around the airport to get some rest – if the brown head wanted to rest and just laze around in his hotel room. True to his words, right after he checked in at JFK Inn, Luhan was out and about on his merry way around the streets of South Conduit Avenue. He received a call from the Archangel as he followed Luhan discreetly, answering the vibrating phone.

 

“We’ve arrived. Luhan is safe and sound, and currently he’s having a mini tour on his own close to the inn he booked if that’s what you want to know,” Sehun said without a moment’s hesitation.

 

“Good. Later,” the drowsy voice drawled out a short reply and hung up right away.

 

Tchh, such disrespect, he’s lucky I’m even following his friend.

 

Annoyed, Sehun put the mobile back in the back pocket of his skinny jeans, eyes and nose never leaving a certain human among the crowd of locals. He guessed that this novel experience for Luhan was overwhelming that after 3 hours of strolling around aimlessly; he finally got tired of walking around and searched for his way back to the inn he would be sleeping at – but not without losing his way twice and Sehun just sighed while shaking his head. From then on until the next morning that they both checked in at the airport, Sehun kept a close eye on the younger male.

 

 

 

The Lodge; Chichen Itza | 1220

Luhan

After stuffing himself full with a whole new menu at the buffet table, Luhan got dressed for his outing around the famous Chichen Itza, putting on comfortable clothes since even if it was spring, he would still sweat himself out from the long walk he would be having that day. Luhan grew to like his standard room with the Mayan-style bungalow; all stained glass and wooden carving plus the outdoor pool right outside his room added to the attraction to the lodge he resided in for about 3 days. The lodge offered their very own private tour guides, but Luhan felt that it would be better off for him to learn about the place on his own. With a brochure in hand, he followed through the exclusive private entrance for his Mayan Ruins visit. The relatively densely clustered architecture of the site core covered up to an area of at least five square kilometers. Along the tour, Luhan took a lot of pictures on the places he went to, namely; he passed by the Venus Platform, strolled along the Tzompantli or known as the Skull Platform, through the large Great Ball Court, amazed by relief paintings at the Temple of the Warriors, the El Castillo which Luhan was dying to climb up to and searched through the chambers and late that afternoon, he followed the ‘white road’ trail that originated from the Venus Platform that reached the Cenote Sagrado which got Luhan amaze and stopped to rest while drinking a bottled water he carried along. The cenote is a natural sinkhole, which exposes the water table to the surface and he sat down under the umbrella of a large tree.

 

Sweat was rolling down on his back, shamelessly wetting his shirt while his eyes scanned the water region when his eyes suddenly caught movements in the little bricked ruins across from the place where he was resting. There it was again, a movement, like of a person busying him or herself in the little ruin above the cenote on the land side. Luhan got up, curiosity got the better of him and he looked around for any guards patrolling the area. He hopped over the fence, vigilantly crossing the path to get closer to the ruin. Aware of his surrounding and a few other visitors eyeing him, he quickly opted to hide himself behind the ruin when suddenly a hand pulled him and he jumped about a mile at the shock.

 

“Jesus ing Christ!” he cursed in his not native tongue and he heard a series of small giggling which he turned to the source and it was actually a rather short male, smiling a perfectly square-shape curve at him.

 

“Not him, just me. Hi there, I’m Byun Baekhyun!”

 

He replied in swift, fluent Korean, “I’m Luhan and, wait – what?! You’re Korean?!”

 

“Oh darling, no, we just exchanged some German chit chat,” the other laughed, all too friendly for an initial meeting.

 

“What are you doing here, Baekhyun-ssi?” Luhan asked, tilting his head to the side.

 

“Well, what are you doing here, Luhan?” He emphasized on the ‘you’ and ‘Luhan’ part, sitting down right beside the Chinese male.

 

“I thought I saw something here, that's why I came down to see it for myself. It turns out to be you,” Luhan explained, looking around the bricked ruin and at the light directed from the rectangular hole.

 

“He’s safe,” Baekhyun muttered and Luhan thought he heard the other wrong.

 

“Sorry, what did you say, Baekhyun-ssi?” Luhan asked, looking the other male in the eyes when his attention averted from outside and back to Luhan.

 

“Nothing,” he chuckled, “fancy meeting you here. You came sooner than I expected.” The other male was speaking in riddles, Luhan failed to understand him despite being able to understand Korean well.

 

“Anyway, we should get going before the guards find us. Don’t wanna get you into trouble in a foreign land, now do we?” Baekhyun said as he got up and brushed his back while waiting for Luhan.

 

“Are you here on a vacation, Baekhyun-ssi?”

 

The other laughed cheerily, things seemed to be rainbows and unicorns for Baekhyun, “apparently, no. Well, that’s not important, now is it? Are you coming to tonight’s Night Light Show? You’re very lucky, you know? It’s hitting the spring equinox here.”

 

“Night Light Show?” Luhan asked as they cautiously sneaked pass other visitors and halted when a few patrol guards marching around.

 

“Yeah, it’s amazing; you wouldn’t want to miss it, now would you?” Baekhyun offered, “where are you staying? Let me know and I’ll come find you before the show begin.”

 

So they exchanged information, well Baekhyun seemed harmless enough, so he trusted the other and the male hadn’t been making weird demands or fraud any of his money away. Luhan had a good time walking back to the lodge with Baekhyun in tow.

 

 

 

Cenote Sagrado | 1507

Baekhyun

Baekhyun dashed back and forth in the ruin at his ritual site; the cenote. The glimmering light cast upon the water table gave the cenote an amazing view, but he had other things in mind. It came in a form of a Chinese male with half-sweat-drench shirt, dark blue skinny jeans and comfy shoes for travelling. His physical was undeniably astounding, he could say that the male bloomed well despite being an orphan, but it was his essence that caught Baekhyun off guard. Last week, while he was going through his monthly ritual, something odd appeared in the water and the light’s shade was unusual.

 

The prophecy has spoken of ‘a telekinetic genesis creature will come forth from afar. The Oracle will follow, a human will tag along, continued by a healer, trailed by the duo, and pursued with an almighty fire breather. When the angels reunite, the journey home will guide them to the Royal and its Gate Keeper. From then on, evil will be waiting, waiting to devour the twelve. But with unity, the balance will be kept with the Companion’s sacrifice.’

 

The burning sensation of the tattoo on his back warned him of the approach. He knew that the boy would come over to see things for himself, he was too brave for his own good and Baekhyun laughed to himself. His hand reached out for the other’s shoulder and sensed another pair of eyes watching them. The prophecy explained nothing of another being following the boy he caught a grip on. He ignored the other and was ready with an incantation to ward anything off.

 

Baekhyun giggled when the boy cursed in English. He found it very cute although the words expressed weren’t that nice. He introduced himself, not wanting to make things awkward and pretended not to know the other’s name when he already knew everything he needed to know about the boy. He cracked up some light jokes, just to comfort the boy. It seemed that Luhan wasn’t even aware of the fact that someone else was watching him, guarding their every move.

 

“He’s safe,” Baekhyun whispered, hoping that the boy wouldn’t catch on what he just said.

 

He felt the retreat, the softening aura of the other while distracting Luhan with riddles in his words. They talked about a few things, where he came from, what he was doing here, when was he headed to next, those were the things to just confirm everything that Baekhyun need to know in order to follow Luhan. He felt that he gained Luhan’s trust, and invited the younger male to the Night Light Show. He just had to keep the boy close to him in order to avoid any danger, Luhan was still vulnerable and he has not wakened up yet. After sending Luhan back to his room at the lodge nearby, the other traveler reappeared before him at his hiding spot in the cenote.

 

“Who are you and what are you trying to do to Luhan?” The other spoke in the local language, probably challenging Baekhyun.

 

“Name’s Byun Baekhyun. I’m an Oracle and Luhan needs protection. What are you?” He replied, hands and mind ready to incant any forms of protection.

 

“Who I am is not important. Why does Luhan need protection? That’s what I’m here for,” the other spat.

 

“Name, please? And, why are you protecting Luhan?” The Oracle asked softly.

 

“Sehun, he needs one, he’s stupid,” Sehun’s short and clipped reply came.

 

“He’s not stupid, Sehun-ssi. Luhan is still asleep, that’s why he’s still vulnerable,” Baekhyun explained, knowing that he can trust this being in front of him.

 

The other snarled and he saw the protruding gleam of Sehun’s fangs, “what do you mean he’s still asleep? Luhan is wide awake as of this moment.”

 

“Well, well, well, a sol vampire, aren’t you? It’s good to know Luhan is protected. Asleep? Oh, you mean you didn’t know he’s a Daeva, a Demi-God to be precise?”

 

Sehun’s uninterested eyes widened, disbelief painted on his porcelain feature. 

 

 



Second chapter posted ft. Baekhyun the Oracle's appearance in Chichen Itza. Thanks for reading. Yehet Sehun, be surprised. And #HappySehunDay you lil-bias-wrecker

April 13