Three

You Don't Bite?!

THREE

His flurry rainbow-like hair being the last thing Luhan saw then something in him snapped.   

 

 

El Castillo | 1959

Luhan

“Luhan, Luhan! Hurry up, will you? It’s about to start soon, Luhannie!” Baekhyun hollered over the last few steps around El Castillo area, ignoring the cute nickname since it’s Baekhyun we’re talking about.

 

Plastic chalky white chairs were neatly stacked beside one another onto rows and rows at a certain angle that showed off the many ruins.

 

“Baekhyun-ssi, I never really asked you this, but – no offense –, how old are you, really? You’re so playful and bubbly all the time. It’s like you’ve never left high school.”

 

He received a hearty laughter before an answer, “oh Luhan, I’ll never take offense with things like my age or anything. Honestly, I am older than you think I am. Hush, now, we wouldn’t want to miss the very first grand re-opening, now do we?” Baekhyun pulled Luhan’s hand and landed right on a seat for himself.

 

“You said, ‘first grand re-opening’, what do you mean by that?” Luhan inquired, eyes roaming around the place, trying to see if he could catch any familiar faces, well just in case, cause one can never, ever know what Minseok could and would do.

 

“Back in 2012, there was quite a terrible lightning storm which destroyed the lighting equipments used to project onto the monuments, making the light-and-sound show coming to a sudden halt. I already predicted that to happen, what with the lame shows before this. Seriously, you should be thankful that you didn’t come here earlier on, even I got really bored and fell asleep a few times even when I had to help out a little,” he told him.

 

Luhan nodded slowly, eyes finally settling on the main ruin when the bright lights went on and everyone cheered in unison.

 

 

El Castillo | 2125

Baekhyun

“Baekhyun-ssi…” Luhan started, and Baekhyun stopped in his steps, causing Luhan to halt in his speech as Baekhyun turned around to face the other with a slight frown on his cute face.

 

“Luhan, I swear to God, if you dare use formalities with me one more time, I’ll throw you into the dark pits of the El Castillo and leave you to rot there,” his kohl rimmed eyelids blinked and Luhan giggled.

 

“That is exactly what I wanted! Please, take me there, Baekhyun-ah?!” Luhan’s excitement got the better of him as he pouted and gave Baekhyun his puppy eyes that worked wonders even on a raging Minseok.

 

“You seriously want to climb up there?” Baekhyun asked as he pointed at the historical monument behind them as the two of them walked around before sending Luhan back to the lodge.

 

“Hell yes, I’m serious. Please, pretty Baekhyun, please?” Luhan begged while clasping both hands together right below his chin.

 

“Of course we could. I’m the guardian of this place, now aren’t I? But not now, since there are still people around, we’ll come later after midnight,” Baekhyun told him as they both slowly retreated towards the lodge, successfully dodging drunk people or excited couples roaming around the place.

 

The pool emitted a glittering calm view when the two of them passed by one of the pools, other lodgers were either swimming in the pool for fun sport or adults having conversations among themselves at one side of the pool.

 

“Get a good rest, Luhan. I’ll see you tonight,” Baekhyun said as he left the Chinese boy with a smile.

 

 

The Lodge | 2349

 

“How could Luhan trust an absolute stranger from the first day they met?” Sehun asked aloud, catching Baekhyun’s attention.

 

“I’m harmless, if that’s what you’re implying,” Baekhyun answered as Sehun walked beside him.

 

“Just so you know, I’m not really helpful at night, Oracle,” Sehun said, annoyance obvious in his words.

 

“That’s what I’m here for, Sehun. But I need you to stay as close to us as possible. I can sense something bad is going to happen tonight,” Baekhyun muttered the last sentence, fully aware of danger approaching as the tattoo on his back pulsated and cold sweat started running down his back.

 

Out of the blue, a single croaking echoed through the landscape and Baekhyun looked up to meet eye-to-eye with a big, sooty raven parched on a tree branch, not quite far from him.

 

“Sehun, let’s get Luhan, now!” Baekhyun urged the daywalker, not wanting to waste any more time than they already had.

 

The worry laced in Baekhyun’s rushing got Sehun worried, numerous possibilities spiraling in his thoughts. He dashed forward before the Oracle’s eyes as Baekhyun ran in humane speed. He really prayed that Luhan won’t get into any trouble before any of them reach him first. Coming close to Luhan’s place, Baekhyun visibly relaxed when he saw Sehun concealed by the darkness of the night just behind the building, nodding once and got back into hiding. A few light taps on the room door, and Luhan’s smiling face welcomed Baekhyun’s worried feature which Luhan failed to see as the Oracle hid it with a half-hearted smile.

 

 

Cenote Sagrado | 0031

Luhan

“Baekhyun, hurry up, I can’t wait to get down the ruins. What are we doing here, by the way?” Luhan asked the fidgeting male, mouth telling Luhan ‘nothing’ but his actions spoke otherwise despite his ability to hide the truth since Luhan learned how to read people real well.

 

Baekhyun came out of the ruin as he was clothed in a hooded black cloak, his face slightly hidden if not for the delicate fingers Luhan caught a sight of, handing out a similarly black cloak for Luhan.

 

“Put this on, Luhan. It’s to protect us, from patrol guards that is,” Baekhyun said, releasing the black cloak onto Luhan’s awaiting hands gently.

 

Shrugging, Luhan complied with Baekhyun’s request, putting the cloak onto himself and as they walked on, Baekhyun carefully slipped the hood over Luhan’s head and the Chinese male just smiled at the helpful gesture. With Baekhyun’s instructions and helping hand, Luhan got to climb up the steps of the unpermitted El Castillo and every step they climbed, Luhan got more and more excited as to what they might find. They got down cautiously, taking their time as Baekhyun led Luhan deep into the dark ruin. It was dark as Hades inside of El Castillo, Luhan’s footing missing a few steps but it didn’t hinder him from moving on. A sudden light orb emerged from below him and Luhan looked out to witness that the orb danced around a single spot before it burst into a mass of directions hence lighting the inside part up. In Luhan’s amazed state, he didn’t even bother asking where the light source came from.

 

They jumped off the last few steps and landed right on the ground albeit a little ungracefully. There were no treasure chests, that’s one thing for sure, but that wasn’t the thing that Luhan wanted when he decided to go on this journey. He just wanted to appreciate ancient beauty and currently, despite the fact that there were only brown Earth ground beneath his feet, course widespread sand on the palm of his hands, wild greenish-yellow weeds protruding from the cracks and fading yet heavy-duty brick that upheld El Castillo over the centuries, he feel contented.

 

A sudden strong gust of wind blew into the ruin, which was impossible and it was accompanied by a black concentrated figure croaking, ricocheting against the large ruin walls. Wild croaking in the form of onyx black ravens circled from the entrance above and dove into the ruin in Baekhyun’s and Luhan’s wake.

 

“B-Baekhyun, what’s going on?!” Luhan asked, as he covered his eyes with both forearms crossed in front of him. The ravens then resembled a minor storm right in the middle, the birds’ wings flapping against one another as it kept a steady pace. The storm got smaller as visible dust particles started thrashing slowly against them, the ravens getting closer and closer to one another as a solid shape formed right before Luhan’s eyes and settled into a single form, almost human-like except the obvious continuous croaking and howling wind.

 

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t little Oracle,” the figure hidden behind a half-mask uttered, “and his little demi-God friend!”

 

Oracle?! Demi-God?!

 

“Baekhyun-ah, what’s he saying?” Luhan asked as his attention on the smaller male as the two of them froze on their spot.

 

“Luhan, whatever happens, I want you to save yourself, get it?!” Baekhyun who was quiet when the sudden attack started finally spoke.

 

Seriously, why is everyone speaking in riddles?!

 

It got Luhan distracted but the high pitched human-raven spoke once more, “why, Baekhyun, how rude of you, not introducing your friend to me?”

 

“Stay away, Eli! He’s just a friend of mine,” Baekhyun replied, voice loud as it echoed on the walls.

 

“Where’s the fun in it if I can't get to know him too? I’m very well aware of the demi-God’s essence and his power, such priceless items for me,” the raven figure called Eli said.

 

“Leave him alone, take me instead!” Baekhyun shouted and Luhan’s eyes widened as he looked over at Baekhyun.

 

“Hmm, I might consider your offer,” he paused, “but I think it’s better if I get to kill two birds with one stone, however ironic that may sound to me and my kind.”

 

A menacing laughter followed after as Eli shot a hand toward Baekhyun and a wild spiral of ravens flew in, encircling Baekhyun as Luhan stayed still on his spot, feet unmoving, lips unclasping. Baekhyun hissed as the pain from the nails tore deep onto his skin; the cloak eased the pain a little. He was carried close to the half-masked man in the centre and a hand clenched its way on Baekhyun’s neck.

 

“I’ll your power dry first, little light bulb, and then I’ll move on to your telekinetic friend over there,” the voice oozed of evil, fingers constricting Baekhyun’s neck as he pushed the male higher off the ground, going against gravity , his airway blocked.

 

“Stop! Stop whatever it is you’re doing! Let Baekhyun go, please!” Luhan shouted when he finally found his voice, not caring how many times it actually cracked.

 

“Shut it! I don’t take orders from other people!” Eli snapped as Baekhyun struggled, feet dangling from his position.

 

Luhan saw the other’s eyes rolled to the back, the white part of his eyes obvious for anyone to see. Suddenly, he felt anger coiling up in the pit of his stomach, jolts of electricity coursing through his body as the buzzing got louder in his ears, ringing and screaming on each and every nerve of his body. Luhan’s vision cracked when the last thing he saw was another figure joining them, lean and tall, his flurry rainbow-like hair being the last thing Luhan saw then something in him snapped.   

 

 



Third chapter posted. I'm still in the midst of learning how to write action and supernatural. Any misused infos, facts, or even scenery, please accept my sincerest apology. Thank you for subbing and upvoting. Hearts to you folks. Plus, let's welcome U-Kiss' Eli for his cameo as the Raven clan's leader. And just so you know, Sehun's hair would always change colour since he has the crazy habit to do so every time

p.s I honestly want to thank all the other countries for supporting Malaysia in the search for MH370 flight. As of now, if you've heard the latest tragedy that hit South Korea, let's get into a prayer circle and support our Korean friends. Together, let us #PrayForSouthKorea

April 17