Chapter 2

But You Never Did

Chapter Two

 

"Kim Hyejin! Your going to be late for class!" my mom yelled from the kitchen. I'm not going to be late... What in the world is she talking about? I graduated high school, so, I'm not going to be late for the class my moms blabbing about. I turned my back towards the ceiling and a big sigh escaped my mouth. All of a sudden, my phone rang REALLY loud and I almost fell off my bed. I shot up from my bed and picked up my phone.

"Hello?" I said in my half awake voice. I scratched my hair that looked really messy. 

"Hye Jin ah? I'm outside your house and I've been waiting for thirty minutes," my hubby said in a panicked voice. 

"Wait, did we plan a date today?" I asked as I shot open my eyes. I would cry if we planned a date and I TOTALLY forgot about it. 

"No, sweetie, we have a class today," he said as he slightly chuckled.

"OH.MY.." I said as I clasped my hand over my mouth. That was when it hit me that I'm in college and I have class like now!

"I'll go up and wait for you," he said before ending the call. I zoomed out of my bed and ran in the nearest bathroom. Jongin was in the middle of washing his face, but I didn't care. THIS IS LIKE EMERGENCY RIGHT NOW. I pushed Jongin away and splashed water on my face. Jongin lightly kicked my  with his leg as a revenge. He then ran to my parents bathroom to wash up the remaining soap on his face. I brushed my teeth as fast as I can.  After I finished rinsing, I wiped my face with a clean towel. I grabbed a comb to put my hair in a messy bun since I didn't have time for a shower. 

I zoomed to my room and shoved anything that looked useful for class into my backpack. I also shoved my makeup bag in my backpack so I can apply it while my hubby drives me to class. I put on a dark blue skinny jeans and a white shirt with a black cardigan. While I was shoving my foot in my converse, I saw my favorite pair of shade sitting on the kitchen counter. I snatched my shades from the kitchen counter and put it on.

"YAH! WHO TOLD YOU TO WEAR SHOES IN THE HOUSE!?!?" my mother screeched as she stumped her way towards me.

"Sorry! Gotta go!" I quickly yelled before I waved goodbye to my mom. She rolled her eyes at me and muttered "whatever" before walking back to watch her morning drama.  When I walk out of my front door, I bumped into  my hubby. He gave me a cute smile which gave me a fuzzy feeling, and I returned him the smile.

"Jagi... WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!" he yelled as he showed a sudden change in emoticon. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of my house. I got dragged down to his car in the speed of a lightning. It was pretty amazing how fast my hubby was. I fastened my seatbelt and pulled down the car mirror that was up on the car ceiling. My face was ugly because I didn't apply ANY makeup on. I got my makeup bag out of my backpack and started doing my daily makeup routine. I caught my hubby glancing at me with the corner of my eyes and smiled.

"DON'T LOOK AT ME PUTTING MAKEUP ON! I'M GONNA GET NERVOUS!" I said as I put my backpack next to the side of my face to block his view of my face. It was hard to put on foundation while holding a backpack that weighed a ton. After hesitating on what I should do with my backpack, I put it down and started rubbing foundation all over my face.

We were thirty minutes late to class and we got scolded by our teacher. We took an empty seat in the back and tried our best to keep up with  the lesson. The lessons ended really quickly and everyone got out of their seat. Everyone except my boyfriend and I. We were scrabbling our notes down in a rush. 

"Do you want us to help you?" a deep voice asked as he leaned towards me. I looked up and saw Minseok and Jongdae. 

"Whoa, I didn't know your voice was so deep Minseok," I joked as I laughed. Minseok and Jongdae became my friends way before I became friends with my boyfriend's group, EXO-K. Now that I think about it, that group name is cheesy as heck. I wonder how they managed to call themselves  Exo-K where ever they went.

"Do you want some help or not? I'M STARVING!"  Jongdae said as he rubbed his stomach with his empty hand.

"Let's go! My treat!" I said as I grabbed my book bag and my belongings. I turned my head to my boyfriend but he wasn't even looking up. He was busy scribbling down his notes. "Let's go!" I repeated as I leaned my face towards my boyfriend's face. 

"Oh, yeah! Let's go," he said as he stopped writing his notes down. He gathered his stuff and the four of us headed out to lunch.