4. Reflection

A chance encounter

Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music" -Jimi Hendrix

 

                                              Yongguk

 

It felt like a long time till he opened his eyes and looked lazily at the clock

 

5:00 PM

 

He sighed and slowly stood up, he still felt the jet lag even though he slept for 3 hours. He groaned and rolled off the bed slowly and stood up, he rubbed his eyes and looked into the mirror and boy did he look dead. He peered outside the door to only find the house seemingly empty,

 

“Mr Yoo is probably working even though we're here for a short visit.”

 

He ran his hand through his hair and told himself that he should go outside and get some fresh air, since he needed it most likely. He shut the door behind him and looked around vaguely, despite it being empty it still had a sort of homely feel to it.

 

He walked past the door that had music posters plastered all over the door. He wasn't if he was suppose to go there, but it intrigued him since its probably for recording music. He knocked on the door, after no answer he opened it. Surprisingly it was empty.

 

Hwa young probably went out he thought, it would be rude to look inside here but it wasn't like he was going to break anything.

 

 

 

He found himself looking at the many music books scattering on the tables and bookshelves, there were instruments such as a Guitar, a keyboard piano, a drum set and flute.

 

To the left of him he looked and immediately recognized it as a recording studio to record the songs you wanted and a panel board to control the sound from outside. He Lightly touched the panel board and felt the familiar feelings of when he was back at TS. There were stacks of paper left near the panel and looking at it closer they were chords and lyrics to songs, this must be hers. He picked one up and saw the various scratches and scribbling of notes made into the song.

 

She must be working hard then he immediately thought of her father just unconsciously came into his mind and immediately he felt a pang of guilt. If only she knew... he sighed and put the paper back, why was it hard to tell her that it wasn't his father's fault.

 

He'd been silent ever since the accident and now he’s faced with knowing that later he needs to tell her before it'll be too late. But it was a secret that he promised to tell her when it was time although the guilt was now creeping into his mind he shook his head. Somehow the past is going to catch up to him and he’s going to regret everything he did till he dies. Somehow he’s not going to see this as a happy ending after all, he slumped down on the floor and breathed slowly.

 

The pestering of everyone had only made it worse and even more guilty, never in his life did he ever felt he paid such a tremendous debt to someone.

 

 

But if it had to be someone, it would be Mr Eung the one person that he felt the most indebted to. He guessed it was more personal and it certainly showed it in their relationship. It was more of a father-son bond, at first it wasn't but slowly it grew more and more. When Mr Yoo called them to meet a potential sponsor never would he have thought of Mr Eung.

 

But the more we met the more he grew attached to him, he treated them all like they were his sons and would send them positive and thoughtful criticism that would only makes them even more motivated.

 

He took a great liking to him and invited him out to coffee one time, it was there and then he mentioned it the first time....

 

                    -3 Months earlier-

 

They had sat down in a coffee shop around in the Myeongdong area,  despite it being busy nevertheless it was a nice place.

 

"Order anything you like, everythings on me" Mr Eung warmly smiled at me gesturing the menu

 

"You're really kind but I have my own money" Yongguk stated, Mr Eung held up his hand and shook his head

 

"Nonsense, since you won first place for 1004 on Show Champion its the least I can do as a congratulations gift" He added on "I knew you would win first place sometime soon, I'm proud of you" He patted Yongguk on the shoulder while he smiled sheepishly.

 

"I mean if it wasn't for all the hard work the producers and our members I don't think we could have achieved this first win" Yongguk stared down at the menu and decided to just get a regular coffee since afterwards he’d be working late in the recording studio.

 

"Aish this kid, you should also acknowledge yourself since you've produced all of the songs for your first full length album" He lightly slapped him on the back causing him to sit upright properly.

 

"Ah Th-Thank you Mr Eung..." He stuttered and Mr Eung laughed.

 

"Oh Yongguk take it easy on yourself can't you? I'm afraid that I'll have to restrain you from working so hard"  he chuckled as the waitress came and took their orders.

 

"You know Yongguk you remind so much like me, always working the most because we passionately love what we do, which is music. Although, sometimes it can be a hard business since its hard for people to recognize us” He leaned back in his chair and sighed. "Maybe its just me being old I guess haha or maybe it was hard to keep up with the new things coming along"

 

He listened intently and sipped his coffee occasionally while Mr Eung swirled his latte around.  "I've never acknowledged this before to anyone but I'm saying it to you since I trust you." For a while it seemed like he hard a hard time to say what he needed to say but he took a deep breath and said it

 

"I'm not going to be around any longer, I mean I feel like my time's running out"

 

Yongguk froze in place trying to understanding if that's what he said or if he was joking but his face grew with a mix of worry and tiredness.

 

"I don't mean to scare you but what I've meant is that I've made enemies in my life, some who've been after me for a very long time. I've done things that I'm not proud of and I only wish the best for my family especially for my daughter. If only I could turn back time to change what I've done maybe then I could have been forgiven for my past sins.”

 

A few minutes past and Yongguk was speechless, he didn't know much about his life but from hearing from Mr Yoo he's struggled and worked hard to achieve what he's been doing. Nothing more.

 

"Why would anyone go after you, you're a respectable man and a kind and generous one too. I'm sure you're forgiven for all your mistakes in life by giving back. Mr Eung looked up towards him as his eyes showed a melancholic state as I completely felt his grief.

 

He stood up and smiled "if only you could have seen me before, I was a mess and I thought I wouldn't make it in this world. I have lived through pain, happiness and guilt, it only serves me right if I had to endure more pain.”

 

He put some money on the table and walked away from him, he then turned around "if anything were to happen to me take care of my family, even though I know Mr Yoo will protect them I would especially want you to protect Hwa Young. she doesn't know what I've done to make the business I have successful, and I don't want her hurt in any of my mistakes. It's all I ask from you, so please look after her"

 

Before I could go after him or say anything to him, he vanished just like that. His words stunned him and he didn't know whether to believe him or not. But for one thing, he trusted him enough to look after his daughter which I haven't even met only was she mentioned in the talks I had with Mr Eung.

 

Eung Hwa young, I thought I wonder what she's like picturing her similarly as her father. One things for sure it seemed like he needed to warn me. But what?

 

That was one of the last times he talked with him before going for the concert tour and then hearing about his suicide 3 months later, he clenched my fist.

 

"It wasn't an accident" He thought. he knew who was responsible and yet it made him angry that he could get away with it.

 

It would take a lot of courage and guts to approach that person since they were considered "untouchable". He stared at a picture of the whole family perched next to the panel board; The two older adults looked to be Mr & Mrs Eung and then a young girl with long black hair, petite and was smiling so bright;  Hwa young.

 

He felt my shoulders sag and the sadness in my eyes was obvious he looked at Hwa young and whispered

 

"I promise to find the person that was responsible for your father's death..I promise as long as I live"

 

And with that he left the room to wander around some more, he thought of the living room, since it was for relaxation. His mind was still trying to grasp what he had been told.

 

If only it could be as simple just as that.




[A/N] Well then what a way to end of this chapter^^ I hope this wasn't boring since this was just Yongguk thinking about what has happened and before. School's coming and I feel like I'll update less but rest assure I will stick with this fic and finish it no matter what ^^ Even though I labeled it as a "romance" it's going to be a more complicated love for Yongguk I'll be making turns and twists to his relationship towards Hwa Young/Skyler 'cause it's more exciting that way XD And did anyone see Yongguk's new tattoo OMG ITS SO BEAUTIFUL IGNORE ME AS I SPAZZ :D