Running Back

My Life

"Jiyong oppa!" Chaerin banged on his bedroom window while crying. He quickly jumped up from his study desk and opened the window, "Chaerin??" He helped her climb in through the window as she immediately closed it behind her. "Please help me!" He closed his curtains and locked his bedroom door, "What happened??" She was crying hard as she covered her face, "My appa is drunk again Jiyong, I'm so scared he's going to do it again!"

 

He pulled her in an embrace and nuzzled his head on her neck, "It's okay calm down." He rubbed her back softly while trying to calm her. "I won't let him hurt you Chae, you're safe with me." She had her arms wrapped around his waist tightly as she continued to let her tears fall, the side of her head was resting against his chest. "I'm so scared of him! Please Jiyong, help me!"

 

"You can stay the night here, my parents are not home. They're in Europe at the moment for work." He wiped her tears and sat down on the bed, pulling her on his lap. "Thank you!" She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and rested her forehead against the side of his head. He smiled faintly as he gently wrapped his arms around her waist protectively. She began to shiver slightly because she's only wearing shorts, a tank top and her Jordan’s. "Are you cold?" She nodded a bit as she sniffled, trying to calm her nerves.

 

"You're a bit dirty," He chuckled softly. "I ran through the woods to lose him. He was chasing me." He put a strand of her hair behind her ear and spoke softly, "You can take a shower and I'll get you some food." She nodded as she stood up. "I have clothes for you to wear too." He grabbed a t-shirt and gym shorts from his closet and gave them to her. She took them then looked up at him, "Thank you Jiyong." He smiled at her and nudged his nose against hers, "Don't mention it, I told you I would always be here for you." She smiled faintly up at him then glanced down at the ground.

 

"Now go get cleaned up, I'll get you food." He led her to the bathroom and she went inside, he then proceeded to head downstairs.

 

She slowly took her clothes off because her body was in a lot of pain. "Ouch..." She whimpered lowly then got into the shower. She washed her hair and her body roughly trying to get every last handprint off of her. "He disgusts me!" After she washed all of her father's 'funk' off of her, she got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her torso. She wiped the fog off of the mirror and stared at herself for a few minutes. "I hate my life..."

 

Jiyong made her a couple of sandwiches and a fruit bowl and sat them down at the table. He grabbed a juice from the fridge and sat it down beside her plates as well. He headed back upstairs and to the bathroom. "Chaerin?" He knocked softly on the door, "You're food is ready."

 

She was in the process of getting dressed as she answered back, "Nae, I'll be out in a minute."

 

He nodded softly then headed back downstairs to wait for her.

 

She dried her hair then brushed it out. Once she was finished, she headed down to the kitchen. When she saw the food, she immediately sat down and began to eat. Jiyong sat beside her and rubbed her back softly, "You're really hungry, when's the last time you ate?" She shook her head a bit, "I haven't eaten in almost two weeks." His eyes widen as he stared at her. He mumbled under his breath, "That bastard..." She nodded in agreement while continuing to eat. He walked over to the fridge and grabbed a beer from it. He gulped it all down in one go. She glanced up at him and quirked an eyebrow, "You drink too?"

 

"Too?" He stared back at her. "Since when do you drink?" She looked down as she sighed, "After my mom died when I was seven...my 'father' raised me his own way. Drugs...alcohol...violence...it's all I know." He stared at her for a few minutes silently. She looked up at him and sighed again while rubbing the back of her neck, "I don't know how to escape him."

 

"You're fourteen years old Chae." She nodded and chuckled faintly, "And you're almost sixteen Jiyong."

 

"For seven years, you've been treated like ?" She nodded as she bit her bottom lip while finishing up her food. "You're just like me..."

 

"Only my parents don't know..." He laughed with an attitude and rolled his eyes. "They want me to take over their company when I turn eighteen."

 

"Do you want to?" She quirked an eyebrow. "Hell no," He shook his head quickly. "Who would want to work in that company?" She laughed cutely as she stood up and washed her dishes.

 

"Your laugh is cute," He stopped her from washing the dishes. "I'd like to hear it more often." She felt a moment between them about to completely develop as she continued to wash the dishes. Once she was finished she walked out of the room. He rubbed the back of his neck and followed her out, "Why do you run?"

 

"Run?" He nodded and pointed at her nose. "You walk away a lot." She shrugged her shoulders as she looked up at him, "It's just something I do." He grabbed her wrist and nudged his nose against hers. "Come on," He led her up to his room. "What are we doing?" She quirked an eyebrow. He led her out to the balcony and she gazed up at the stars. "Uwaah," She giggled softly and pointed. She walked over to the rail and put her hands on it still looking up. "Pretty."

 

"Not as pretty as you though," He chuckled as he wrapped his arms around her waist and looked with her. She blinked a bit at the sudden move he made, chuckling as she glanced back at him. He didn't take his eyes off of the stars, "Chaerin?"

 

"Nae?" He tilted his head slightly, "Does every star mean something?" She looked back up at them and nodded softly, "Some more than others though." He nuzzled his face on the back of her neck then gently kissed it. She quirked an eyebrow as she glanced back at him once more, "What are you doing?"

 

He turned her around to face him and cupped her cheek, "I have a confession." She stared into his eyes and chuckled softly, "What is it?" He leaned closer to her until their lips were just inches apart, "I-I love you Chaerin." He had his eyes closed tightly and bit his bottom lip as he held his lips close to hers, afraid of being rejected. She gently slid her hand to the back of his neck while closing her eyes and pulled him closer, making their lips touch. He smiled weakly as he slowly deepened the kiss, holding her by the hips. She used her free hand to hold one of his wrists while caressing the back of his neck gently with her thumb and softly moving her lips against his.

 

When he broke the kiss slowly, he looked into her eyes. "And I love you too," She smiled up at him making him smile even wider from hearing her words. He suddenly felt her lips against his again as he chuckled. He slid one of his hands up under her shirt and she laughed pulling away, "Yah!" He pulled her against him and slipped his tongue in . She brushed hers against his softly while playing with it. He slowly backed into his room while pulling her with him, not breaking the kiss. She followed while slightly laughing, gently on his tongue. He pushed her on the bed and crawled on top of her, "I really love you."

 

She smiled up at him but then bit her bottom lip as she felt his hands running up her side and her shirt being pulled off. She helped him with his and she threw it elsewhere. "Do you want to?" He cupped one of her cheeks while looking down at her. She shyly looked down but then nodded her head, "Nae."

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Jiyong threw a book across the room and began to destroy it, "I LOVED HER!" He continued to wreck his room then fell to his knees in tears, "How did I become this monster?!" He buried his face in his hands and screamed loudly, letting his tears fall out. "I was never good enough for her! Youngbae was! Why?! Why did I make him disappear?!" He stood up and punched a hole in the wall, "I never deserved her!"

 

After an hour of him destroying his room, he grabbed his phone and called me. When I didn't answer, he left a voicemail, sounding pathetic.

 

"Chae, please baby come home. I'm so sorry, I swear I'll never hurt you again...I want to apologize in person to you and hold my daughter in my arms. Please Chae, please...I just want to talk..."

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

I stared down at my phone in my hands silently. Seunghyun walked into the room and sat down on the bed beside me. He glanced down at my phone and quirked an eyebrow. I slowly brought my phone to my ear and listened to the voicemail. He leaned in close to listen as well. When it had finished he looked at me, "Well?"

 

I bit my bottom lip as I looked down, "I...I think...I'll...I think I'll go home and talk to him..." His eyes widen as he stood up from the bed, "Are you crazy?!" I closed my eyes slowly letting a single tear drop, "I'll leave Hyunsu here with you, please watch her until I come back."

 

"You mean IF you come back!" He clenched his fists and stared at me. "After everything he's done to you, you're just going to run back to him?! Chaerin he has almost killed you how many times now?!"

 

"I'm just going to talk to him..."

 

"And what do you expect to happen when you get there?! Do you honestly believe he's going to let you out of there without a mark on you?! He's going to do the exact same thing to you again! It's a never ending story Chaerin how stupid can you be?!"

 

I clenched my fists as I slowly stood up from the bed. I looked up at him and glared hard, "Don't lecture me!" I slapped him across his face and continued glaring. He held onto his cheek while looking away, feeling the sting. I pointed my index finger up at him and didn't let any more tears fall, "You're not me! You have never ever went through the type of pain I've went through!" I pushed him away from me, making his back slam against the wall. "You think you know me Seunghyun, but you don't!" I left the room while slamming the door behind me.

 

He let a tear slowly slide down his cheek as he whispered to himself, "I guess last night never even meant anything to you." He wiped his tear and looked at the ground, "Chaerin..."