Office Party

My Life

"No umma!" Hyunsu laughed loudly as she ran around the park. "Princess!" I continued to chase her while laughing as well. When I finally caught up to her, I wrapped my arms around her waist from the back and lifted her off the ground. "Gottcha!" Hyunsu began to pout and squirm around, "Umma!" I smiled as I showered her face in kisses. "You're my princess!" She shook her head rapidly and squirmed around even more. I chuckled as I sat her down on the ground and patted her head. She looked up at me with a cute expression but then stuck her tongue out, "Bleh!" I gasped as I kneeled down in front of her and tapped the tip of her tongue. "Bad girl." She huffed at me and then folded her arms, "Umma is a bad girl." I quirked an eyebrow at her then held her little hands. She lifted my hands up and kissed the back of them, making me chuckle. "Can we eat now umma?" I picked her up and held her on my hip, "We were about to eat but someone," I nudged my nose against hers. "Decided to run away." She pursed her lips then flipped her hair with a small giggle. I sat her back down on the blanket under the big beautiful oak tree and then I sat beside her. "I want my samich!" I laughed at her when she did the grabby hands at me. "Samich?" She nodded and continued reaching for it. "Samich!!" I wiggled my finger in her face and shook my head, "Sandwich." She quirked an eyebrow at me, "Huh?" "It's called a sandwich sweetie." I handed her the sandwich and then her juice. She stared at it for a minute and examined it carefully. "Something wrong?" I looked down at her curiously. She shook her head as she looked back up at me, "Samich." She began to take small bites out of it while looking around the park. I smiled gently at her then reached for mine, "Okay princess."

 

She pointed over at the lake where a bunch of ducks were. "Look umma!" I looked over at them and nodded. "Those are ducks baby." She took a little piece of her sandwich and then ran toward them happily. I stood up and followed behind her, "Going to feed them?" She nodded when she reached the lake and stared at the ducks. "Wow so many!" I kneeled down behind her and put my arms around her waist, resting my chin on her shoulder. "Nae," I kissed her temple then pointed to the ducks. "Can you count how many there are?" She narrowed her eyes at them as she pointed to each one of them while counting out loud. "One, two, three, five," I quirked an eyebrow at her and then shook my head. "No baby, you left out number four." She looked back at me and whispered, "Number four? What finger is that?" I chuckled and then held up my fingers to her as I count, "One, two, three, four, and five." She gasped and then looked back at the ducks to retry counting. When she finished she parted her lips. "Ten umma!" I nodded and pointed to them. "Still going to feed them?" She nodded and threw little pieces of her sandwich out to them.

 

I heard a vehicle nearby and I looked up seeing a black limo. When the limo stopped, Jiyong stepped out of the car. "Chaerin!" I quirked an eyebrow at him as he walked towards us. "Nae?"

 

"Appa!" Hyunsu shouted as she jumped up and hugged Jiyong.

 

He hugged her back with a smile and chuckled, "Hey baby."

 

She offered him a piece of fruit with a smile, "Open up appa!"

 

He opened his mouth for her to slip it in his mouth. "Ah."

 

She giggled when he ate it and then kissed her forehead.

 

I smiled at the two and rubbed my wrist a bit. How can such a sweet little girl, come from such parents?  I rubbed my forehead while thinking and looked up at him.

 

Jiyong looked over at me as he released Hyunsu. "It's time to come home now," He stood up and nodded at me.

 

Hyunsu frowned as she stared up at him, "B-but appa!"

 

He shook his head and tapped her nose, "No but's. I need your umma to help me out with something." He pointed over at the limo and then looked at Hyunsu. "Go get in."

 

She huffed as she folded her arms and nodded while stomping to the limo.

 

He looked back at me and pointed at the stuff, "Pack up."

 

I slowly began to pack everything up and sighed quietly. You , never letting me spend enough time with my own daughter.

 

He kneeled down to help me and his hand gently ran across mine on accident. I slowly looked up at him, feeling a sudden flare in my chest. I blinked my eyes a few times in confusion. When everything was packed, I headed for the limo while walking with him. "What do you need my help with?" He helped me carry the stuff to the limo and nodded, "I'm having an office party tonight. I need you to cook up a bunch of food and get lots of drinks ready." I nodded slowly as I put the stuff in the trunk. "What about Hyunsu?"

 

"What about her?"

 

"I don't want her in the house when you have a whole bunch of people getting drunk."

 

He looked up at me as he closed the trunk, "She'll be fine."

 

He went to head to the car door but I grabbed his wrist, "You heard what I said. After I do all of this for you, I'm taking her and we'll go out to get dinner alone."

 

He ripped his wrist away from me and glared a bit, "No, you two will not. I need you here tonight. She'll. Be. Fine." He got inside the limo without speaking.

 

I clenched my fists tightly as I mumbled under my breath before getting into the limo, "Bastard."

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

I sat down in a chair at the table and rubbed my forehead. I was so tired that I literally just wanted to lie in the floor right now and go to sleep. "Unnie!" Minji shouted as she walked into the room. "No time to rest, we have guests!" I groaned quietly to myself and looked up at her lazily, "He does this every damn week. Why am I always the one to do all the work while he's laughing away with his drunk friends?" Minji turned around to face me while setting the plates back down on the counter. "Watch your mouth unnie, you don't want Jiyong oppa to hear you." She glanced down the hallway then back at me. I shrugged my shoulders a bit as I stood up, "I really don't care anymore. I'm not afraid of him." Minji laughed a bit as she stared at me, "Really now?" I slowly shook my head a bit and helped get more drinks ready. "Well I mean I'm more afraid for my daughter." She nodded slowly in agreement and whispered, "Believe me unnie, you're not the only one who dislikes him." I looked over at her and quirked an eyebrow, "You dislike him?" She shrugged a bit, "It's mainly his ways that I dislike. He's my brother."

 

"You do whatever he asks without any hesitation though..."

 

"Because it helps keep me safe from his evil ways unnie. Believe me, I don't want to be doing half the things he wants me to do. It'll save you a whole lot drama and pain if you just do whatever he tells you to do."

 

"WHERE ARE THE DRINKS?!" Jiyong shouted as he wobbled down the hallway and into the kitchen.

 

Minji was frightened a bit when she heard his voice. She quickly gathered up all of the drinks and handed them to him with a smile. "There oppa."

 

He took them then glanced at me while I was cutting up fruits for Hyunsu, "Chaerin?"

 

"Yes sir?" I glanced up at him and quirked an eyebrow.

 

"Where is Hyunsu?"

 

"In her room watching a movie."

 

He nodded slowly while his bottom lips and headed out of the kitchen with the drinks in hand.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

As the evening turned to night fall, the beautiful moon rose and shined across the sky, lighting up the city. I cleaned up the kitchen while listening to Jiyong and his friends laugh loudly in his office. "Umma," I heard a small voice speak out. I turned around to see Hyunsu and smiled at her, "Nae, what is it?" She held her teddy bear in her hands and walked over to me, raising her arms in the air. I chuckled and picked her up, holding her on my hip. "Is appa having a party?" She covered her ears and closed her eyes, "They're so loud." I nodded a bit and kissed her cheek. Jiyong came walking downstairs and into the kitchen laughing loudly with a few of his friends. I held Hyunsu close to me as I tried to ignore them. "She didn't even put out!" Jiyong laughed even louder with his friends as they rummaged through the refrigerator. Jiyong looked over at me and hissed, "Where are all of the beer at?!"

 

I spoke in a soft tone voice as I shook my head a bit, "There is none left." He slammed the door to the refrigerator loudly and he calmly made his way over to me. "No more?" I bit my bottom lip, tightening my grip around Hyunsu's waist. He stood behind me and pulled some of my hair back. "What do you mean, no more?" When his hot breath blew against my neck, I became disgusted from the smell of alcohol. "You and your friends drank them all." He locked his jaw a bit and looked at Hyunsu, tilting his head slightly. She stared down at my arm around her waist, feeling my grip on her get even tighter. "Hyunsu," He reached his arms out to her but she didn't budge. "Appa wants to show you something," He looked over at his friends who were their lips. They all slowly walked closer to me and my daughter. My eyes looked back and forth at the drawers in front of me. I knew there were knifes in one of them but Jiyong moved the sharper ones to a different drawer. When Hyunsu refused to go with him he became very pissed. He grabbed onto her arm tightly, trying to yank her from me.

 

"DON'T. Touch my daughter Jiyong." He looked over at his friends and they all began to laugh loudly. He looked back at me and smirked, "I do whatever I please, ." I swallowed the lump in my throat and didn't move a muscle. "You're drunk." I wasn't going to give in to him this time, I'm too afraid for my daughter. That's why I continue to fight back. He snatched Hyunsu from me and threw her to his friends. She screamed loudly as they headed out of the room quickly with her. "HYUNSU!!!" I went to chase after the guys to grab my daughter but Jiyong grabbed my wrist tightly, slamming me to the counter. I didn't even care that the fact my lower back is stinging from the sharp pain when he pushed me to the counter. I screamed and started hitting him, trying to get free. "HYUNSU!!" I heard her scream even louder while the guys laughed even louder. Jiyong began hitting me back without hesitation. "WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO HIT ME?!"

 

"JIYONG STOP! THAT'S YOUR DAUGHTER, WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH YOU!" I didn't care about the many punches or slaps I received from him, I didn't stop trying to break free from his grip. "MINJI!!!!!"

 

Minji ran downstairs and saw the guys trying to ually abuse Hyunsu. Her eyes widen and quickly pushed them away from her. "GET OFF OF HER!"

 

The guys laughed loudly as they allowed her to take Hyunsu in her arms.

 

Hyunsu was crying loudly as she held onto Minji tightly in fear. She screamed loudly while her face was turning extremely red. Minji's eyes began to water when she ran into the kitchen to see Jiyong constantly beating me.

 

My eyes locked on Minji's and hoped she'd read my mind. GET MY DAUGHTER OUT OF HERE NOW! DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME, JUST SAVE MY DAUGHTER!

 

She stared back at me with tears falling hard and nodded quickly. She knew there was nothing she could do to but save Hyunsu. She quickly ran out of the house with Hyunsu and jumped in her car, driving her to a hospital.

 

Jiyong grabbed the back of my hair and threw me on the ground. He kicked me constantly in my stomach and refused to stop hurting me.

 

"JIYONG!!" I screamed and cried loudly while trying to get away from him. The more I tried to escape, the harder he would beat me.

 

He yanked me off the floor and threw me over his shoulders.

 

I was bruised all up and bleeding badly. I squirmed around trying to get away still.

 

He took me into the living room where his friends were at. He threw me to the floor and looked over at his friends, "She's all yours." He walked out of the room with his jaw locked and didn't look back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Wow Jiyong is sooo bad and mean >__< *