Let Me Introduce You...

My Life

Kwon Jiyong...Kwon Jiyong...the wealthiest man in Korea. My husband, and the father of our four year old daughter, Hyunsu. Jiyong is twenty three years old and lives in a mansion with me and our daughter. I used to truly love him, but for the past two years, things have started to fall apart. He took me off of the streets and helped me when I was fifteen. Ever since then, I've been with him. He can be a sweet and loving man but you certainly don't want to get on his bad side like I have been doing lately.

 

Ah, Gong Minji. She is Jiyong's half-sister and that's why they have different last names. She's about eighteen years of age now. She loves her brother a lot and will do anything and everything for him. She even finds herself doing things she would never dream of doing. She is really a sweet and kind person, but she is changing because she lives to serve her brother.

 

Lee Seunghyun...To be honest, there is nothing negative to say about him. When Jiyong and I would fight, I would run to Seunghyun. I met him when I was about sixteen and ever since, he's been my best friend. He's a close friend of Jiyong's because their families are very close. Their families actually work together but if you look at Seunghyun, you wouldn't think he comes from such a family with lots of money. However, Jiyong does.

 

And then there's me, Lee Chaerin. There's not much to me except a bad history. I just recently turned twenty years old. My mom died from cancer when I was seven years old. When she passed, there was no one there to comfort me, I didn't mourn because I never got a chance to. Once she left this world, I knew I was going to be on my own from then on. My father doesn't much less care if I live or die. I heard that he was put in jail about five years ago but I don't know where he is now or why he was put in jail. He was one for drugs and violence when I was a kid...and I have taken his place.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"Hyunsu," I whispered softly in her ear as I put a stand of hair behind her ear. She slowly woke up and smiled up at me, reaching up to hold my hand. "Umma," she whispered back and then reached her arms in the air. I picked her up gently and held her to my chest while grabbing her teddy bear. I carried her downstairs into the kitchen and put her down at the table for breakfast. "Good morning," Minji said as she walked into the room and sat down. I gently smiled at her but saddened when Jiyong didn't follow behind her. "Where is Jiyong?" I questioned. "He's been up all night working unnie. He might not make it for breakfast either because he has a huge meeting in an hour." I sighed loudly as I kissed Hyunsu's forehead and then headed back upstairs.

 

As I entered the dark bedroom of Jiyong, I slightly shivered from the cold air. "Jiyong?" I the light to find an empty room. I blinked my eyes a few times in confusion. "Chaerin?" A voice suddenly sounded from behind me and a hand touched my shoulder, startling me. "AH!" Jiyong's eyes widen as he took a step back at the same time I did. "What's wrong??" When I realized it was him, I sighed in relief. "You scared me." He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close. "Mianhae babe." He kissed my nose and smile lightly. "Good morning, did you sleep well?" I nodded a bit and held onto the back of his arms. "Minji says you were up all night working again. Jiyong, what did I tell you about that?" I gently put my thumbs on the black rings under his eyes. "It's not good to miss your rest time."

 

He sighed looking down, "we've been through this before. You know I have to work." "I care more about your health though." I cupped his cheeks and stared up at him. He took my hands down and shook his head slightly, "I'm sorry, it can't be helped." He walked over to his mirror and looked at himself, making sure his suit is fixed right. I rubbed the back of my neck and looked at the ground a bit before looking back at him. "At least eat breakfast." He stayed quiet as he organized his work papers for the meeting. I folded my arms and stared at him. "Kwon Jiyong." He glance up at me and then back at his work. "Go eat breakfast now."

 

He carried his stuff out of the room once he was ready and headed to the kitchen. I followed behind him and narrowed my eyes. "Hyunsu," He walked over to her and kissed her forehead. "Appa will be back later, be good." She smiled up at him and nodded. "Arasso appa." He walked past me again and headed for the front door. "YAH!" I followed behind him. "JIYONG!" He continued walking while groaning under his breath. "What Chaerin?" "You heard what I said, go eat now." He turned to me and pecked my lips, "If I do, I'll be late and I can't be late for this very important meeting." With that, he walked out of the house. I hissed under my breath as I grew angry. "Absolutely ridiculous."

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

I laughed loudly as Seunghyun back hugged me. "Yah, stop." He looked over my shoulder and smiled softly. I looked back at him then playfully pushed him away. He began to pout like a little kid and stomp his feet. I chuckled and pinched his cheeks. "Don't you pout." He chuckled and picked a flower from a rose bush, putting it in my hair. "So beautiful." I smiled up at him from hearing his words. "When are you ever going to run away with me Chaerin?" He took my hand as we slowly walked around the lake. I sighed and looked at the ground. "Where is there we can go? Besides, it almost seems impossible to escape this place." Seunghyun looked over at me and tapped my head with his free hand. "It's all in your head." I became confused and looked back at him. "All in my head?" He nodded and sighed, looking forward. "You let Jiyong into your head. And now, it's almost impossible to break free." I tilted my head a bit and narrowed my eyes. "I don't understand why you keep letting him treat you this way."

 

I stopped walking, gently pulling my wrist away. He sighed and stood in front of me, cupping my cheeks. "I know you love him--" I cut him off and spoke up. "Loved..." Seunghyun nodded slowly at me. "Meaning not anymore...so why are you still with him?" I bit down on my bottom lip. "Because, there is a part of me that stays for hope while the other stays out of fear. I'm afraid if I try to leave, he'll hurt me. I've seen what he's capable of. And I'm afraid for my daughter." Seunghyun pulled me in an embrace and rubbed my back. "Not if I have anything to do with it."

 

 

 

*First chapter uwaah~! xD It's not as long as I planned for it to be because I mainly just wanted to introduce the characters. The other chapters will be longer though :) *