III.

I Love You, William Young

[LATER THAT NIGHT]

Hyoyeon was on Skype with her best friend Yuri. Yuri was doing her hair while listening to Hyoyeon rant about her boyfriend. Yuri was Hyoyeon's high school best friend and currently college classmate, someone she had known for years and had trusted with her deepest, darkest, (sometimes dirtiest) secrets. 

"And so I'm dating Kris but I don't seem to be happy." she said.

"Then break up with him! Don't be a two-timing ! If you love William, tell Kris you don't like him no more and go for William." Yuri adivsed.

"But I love Kris. You see the problem here? I love Kris but I'm not happy because he's not living up to my expectations. And-"

"And William is?" Yuri retorted. "Does this William Young even know you exist?" 

"He knows my name. And we've worked together."

"Once. Yeah, . Once." Yuri snapped. "Look, if you love Kris for real you wouldn't even consider nor entertain the thought of flirting with William or anyone else for that matter. You told me earlier. William only knows your name and nothing else. Why do you like William? Because of his body? Girl, I've hung out with both you and Kris and Kris really cares and loves you."

"Okay fine. Maybe there's  more to Kris than just the "love" that I'm after. Maybe I'm also after the benefits. You know, I get to go places and eat at expensive restaurants."

"It's the care I'm talking about, Hyo. You say you want care and that you don't feel it from Kris so you look for it in William. But it's the opposite, dear. Kris cares about you but is unsure of how to show it while William doesn't give a about you! Face it, it's the truth. If you were on fire and he had water, I bet he would still drink it to the last drop." these words from the brutally frank Yuri made Hyoyeon realize things. 

She realized that if William wasn't going to care for her, she was going to have to make him. 

"Yeah I guess you're probably right." she sighed in defeat. "So I have to go now, okay?" 

"Alright. Remember what I told you." she said. Hyoyeon signed off and logged in to her Facebook account.

Time to do some stalking. 

She searched for William Young's Facebook profile and found it. They weren't friends yet so she figured she'd add him. However, since his profile was on public, she was free to browse. 

I better go invisible first before things get ty. Silly Hyoyeon had this psycho mentality that if she was online, people could see her stalking others' profiles. Of course, it was just a paranoid concept formed in her mind. She knew at the back of her head, the still logical part of it, that it was totally impossible. 

While browsing through William's profile, she was able to uncover his interests.

"Hm. He likes drinking beer. Guinness to be exact. And he likes working out, evidently. His cover photo says it all." Hyoyeon browsed his pictures and was quite disappointed that he uploaded very few.

"Damn! He sure doesn't like taking pictures. Just like Kris."  but when she saw the very few pictures that he had, she smirked with a slight twinge of lust. William was hot. He was hot and he knew it, even with his ugly face.

"William Young you are so ing hot!" she said to herself. "Let's see what songs you dig."

Mostly it was hip-hop. Drake, A$AP Rocky, Kendrick Lamar. Exactly what Hyoyeon liked. This was when she knew she was in love. 

"Wonder what kind of girls he dates. Has he even dated? With a face like his?" Hyoyeon sneered to herself. It was mean, she knew, but she just wanted to know what girls he liked.

"Psh. Typical. Typical. Typical." it was the usual look that guys fantasized about so she just shrugged it off. "I'll just stun him with my own style."

A notification popped up, one that would make Hyoyeon's night.

"William Young has accepted your friend request." 

"OH MY ING GOD!!!!! YESSSS!!!! HAHAHAHAH!!!!!! WILLIAM YOUNG I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!" 

Hyoyeon could swear she was already 2 hours into stalking William when somebody chatted her.

"Hi." 

Oh. Damn. It was William.

! What do I tell him? How do I reply? Do I tell him he's hot? Should I lie about Kris' existence? ! Jesus, help me!

"Hi there. :)" she replied.

"Hahaha. Key Data Classmate!"

"Yeah! Classmate! What's up?"

"Not much. Hahahaha. ing bored."

"ing bored, too." Hyoyeon replied. A few minutes later, another chat popped up.

Her boyfriend, Kris.

Argh! You ing ruined the moment! But deep down inside, Hyoyeon was kind of happy.

"Hi honey :3" Kris said.

"Hi there.:*" Hyoyeon replied. Hm. What if I send a flirty message to William and tell him it was for Kris but I won't send it to Kris. Sounds like a plan. Hyoyeon didn't obviously think this through and what William would think. She just gave it a go.

"Hi honey. I miss you and I love you. You make me so happy." this was the message that was 'for Kris' but she 'accidentally' sent to William. 

When William received this, he was struck. He didn't know how to reply to it so he just said,

"Wrong send, honey?" he played along, which made Hyoyeon all the more giddy. 

"Huh? What? Oh! Oh yeah. Oh my God! Sorry! I didn't know!"

"Hahahah. That's okay honey. Who's it for? Your boyfrieeeeenddd? HAHAHAHAH" William joked. Hyoyeon was starting to like him, ignoring Kris' multiple messages. 

Kris was prone to worrying and overthinking. 

Hyoyeon however, was unsure of how to answer William's question.

"No." she said impulsively. "It's for my friend."

"YEAH RIGHT!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA."

"Why, don't you got a girlfriend?" she teased back.

"Nope. I'm focused on muscle building." 

YES!!! HE DOESN'T HAVE A ING GIRLFRIEND OH MY GOD!!! Hyoyeon was busy thinking of ways to impress him. Good thing I workout on the daily. 

"Good. I see you like working out."

"Love it. Hey, got to go now, HONEY!!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!" William replied. Hyoyeon was giddy to the bones at the thought of William calling her honey, a name that only someone dear to her would call her.

"Bye. You er!" she playfully replied.

'HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.' William Young signed off. In an instant, Hyoyeon remembered that she was chatting with Kris.

"Oh my God. I'm sorry Kris. I got caught up in schoolwork." Kris had sent multiple worrying messages already.

"Oh okay honey. I love you. Sorry for disturbing you.T.T" he replied.

"Nah it's fine. I'm not mad." she replied. But I'm hell bent on impressing William. 

"Where do you want to have lunch tomorrow?" asked Kris.

"Hmmm. I'm not sure. I'm not sure if we can meet tomorrow."

"What? Why not? :(((" 

"I have work to do."

"Oh... I'll wait for you then. :3" Kris replied. Hyoyeon grunted deeply and heavily at his enthusiasm and persistence.

"I'll just text you."

Hyoyeon signed off without even saying 'I love you' to Kris and headed straight to the bathroom.

Metamorphosis, on!