II.

I Love You, William Young

He was William Young, a foreign exchange student studying Tourism Management. He was enrolled but seldom attended his classes, prioritizing his workouts and hangouts with his buds. William wasn't handsome, nowhere near good looking but what made up for all of that was his chiseled, muscular body that was sculpted and borne from hard hours at the gym. Since Hyoyeon wasn't much of a face person, she found herself instantly attracted to him seeing that his posture was erect and his muscles were evident. 

Well, I'm glad you came you ugly er. Please sit next to me.... she thought to herself. Her heart pounded harder as she noticed William walking towards her. Palms sweating and eyes dilating, Hyoyeon was unsure of how to react if he should sit next to her.

It was a wish granted. 

William sat next to Hyoyeon and smiled at her, a half smile to be exact before looking straight ahead. Hyoyeon never took her eyes of him, eyeing every single detail of his body, from his hair down to his shoes. He wasn't handsome, he was never near handsome. He wasn't even pleasant looking to start with. William looked like a fish, and this would be a euphemism. He had thick lips and slightly large eyes coupled with big eyelids. William also had the misfortune of having an acne problem. In short, when it came to looks- though he lacked the build for it- Kris was far superior.

"Hi." Hyoyeon spoke first. She was dying to talk to William.

"Hey. What topic we studying now?" asked William. Their class was Computer Studies.

"Encoding? Something? I don't know. I'm unattentive in this class." Hyoyeon rambled. William looked at her briefly and turned back to the whiteboard. Though he looked at the professor, he was absent minded and was thinking of other things such as girls, drinking, going to the gym, flexing his muscles.

Hyoyeon was flirting with William in her mind. 

"Alright class, we need partners for the next activity. Choose your partner." the professor said. Hyoyeon's eyes darted towards William but William had his eyes set on Sulli who was seated in front of him. Sulli was Hyoyeon's cute and childish, innocent classmate who roped in all the boys with that kind of charm as well as her playful attitude. Hyoyeon sighed a breath of defeat.

We were already conversing? Why aren't we partners?! 

Minutes later, Hyoyeon felt a vibration on her side. She opened her bag and checked her phone. Kris had texted her.

"Text me when it's your vacant alright? I'll take you out for lunch today :))" he texted. Hyoyeon rolled her eyes. At the moment, she wasn't feeling Kris that much and was kind of getting tired of his company. They had been together for 6 months and she felt that he wasn't putting in that much effort. Either that or sometimes, he was just too much of a sweetheart. Too much that it was sickening. 

Besides, Hyoyeon was set to stalk William Young. 

"Hey," she felt a tap on her shoulder. She jerked out of her seat when she saw William looking at her. That ugly, fish-like face staring her in the eyes was enough to make her melt. All she needed to do was look down at his torso and imagine what his abs looked like.

I bet they're ripped  she said in her head.

"What you want?" she quickly replied.

"Sulli's got a partner already. Wanna be mine?" he asked with a suave tone. Hyoyeon felt like she was floating and got all giddy thinking about her and William working together. So much so that she forgot about her date with Kris. 

[AFTER CLASS]

Hyoyeon and William emerged from the room without saying a word to each other. William ran to his group of friends that were waiting for him on the other side of the classroom. All she could do was look at him, watch him ignore her. She sighed deeply.

"Hi honey!" she heard a voice call from behind. Reality crashed back on to her when she saw Kris standing behind her, excited to take her out on a date. Hyoyeon put on a happy face and returned his excitement.

"Hi there." she said as she took his hand. Kris smiled from ear to ear.

"So where are we going today?" he asked. "I have enough money and time for lunch and a movie."

"Pizza Hut." was Hyoyeon swift reply. Ever the gentleman, Kris adhered to his girlfriend's wish.

As they walked towards the exit, Hyoyeon couldn't stop looking back from time to time to check if William even spared a passing glance.