Okay [Final]

Okay

Minseok lays down on his side on the bed his back opposite Luhan. Minseok tries to sleep but his eyes keep opening due to the moonlight coming from the window.

 

The two have been the best of friends since high school. They feel like they are the only ones who can understand each other. And that they are the only ones who accept the other for who they are. Their friendship strengthened and developed through the years, eventually turning them to lovers.

Being Luhan’s lover was the best decision that Minseok made in his life. He has never been happier. He was happy with the fact that he will get to see, talk, and be with Luhan, each and every day. The thought of leaving him for another, or for something, never crossed his mind. To Minseok, Luhan was not only his companion, friend, and lover, but also his other half, his best other half, his everything. Everything he could wish for.

 

The two have decided to live together three months ago. They agreed to share the expenses in the house. The two dreamed of decorating their home with stuff that both of them want, symbolising them being one. They also dreamed of eventually building a family, if possible. But number one of their wishes, especially Minseok’s wish, was that they live together in that house, until the end of time.

 

Just when Minseok thought that they would stay forever. They started to drift apart.

 

Things were going well the first month they moved in. But just about two months ago, they started to fight. They fought a lot in the past, but those were just petty fights that come to resolve once Minseok or Luhan act lovingly to the other. Now, they fight about more serious things such as paying the bills, and maintaining their home. Sometimes, they would fight for no reason. The other just seems to be not in the mood. Often times, Luhan would be the one not in the mood.

At first, Minseok thinks this is normal since they are living together now. He expects things to be different because you must also be thinking of the person living with you. He tries to resolve the issue by doing what is needed to be done.

But these days, he doesn’t know what to do anymore, especially with Luhan. Luhan seems to be a lot moody these days. Sometimes, Luhan doesn’t eat. Most of the times, he doesn’t talk.

When Minseok tries to cheer him up or ask him what’s wrong, Luhan would just answer with “Nothing”, or not respond at all. One time, Minseok tried to do aegyo on Luhan, but the latter only got pissed at him for reasons Minseok doesn’t know. Basically, Luhan’s energetic and bubbly self was replaced with a quiet and moody person. And Minseok sees himself as the problem.

Is it my fault? Did I do something? Is he not happy anymore? Minseok would ask himself over and over again, whenever Luhan gets moody. Minseok tries to recall the things he did and said just so he could point out where he went wrong. But nothing seem to fit.

At last, Minseok couldn’t take it anymore and confronted Luhan about it. He walked towards Luhan who was sitting down by the window, held his hand, went close to him and asked him what’s wrong.

“You have been really weird lately. You avoid me. You only talk to me when you need to. I don’t see you smile anymore. Did I do something wrong? Please tell me. Luhan, tell me. Please.”

Saying those last few words made Minseok struggle to hold back his tears. This ‘cold war’ has been very burdensome for him that it’s become overwhelming.

Luhan puts his hand on Minseok’s cheek, and wiped away his tears, while saying,

 

“I don’t think I love you anymore. I’m sorry.”

 

“What?... What?!? Luhan, what are you saying? Please tell me if I did something wrong! I’ll make it up to you!”

“No, you don’t have to do anything.”

“What? Luhan, I love you! I love you I swear! What happened?!? Please tell me!”

“These couple of months... I just feel like we’re drifting apart... Like, even though we get along, we just know each other too much that we just drift apart… I … I don’t know how to explain this… It’s like I know you too much that I know your good and bad side, and I start to hate your bad side… But it feels like, I know you too much, that I don’t want to be with you anymore. I think I’m getting sick of you. I love you, I do. But the more I’m with you, the more I feel that I’m not free, that I’m not myself… I… Do you understand Minseok?”

Tears started to flow from Luhan’s eyes.

But Minseok’s face was already red from crying so hard.

“Luhan… I … I love you… so much…!” Minseok struggles to say as he sobbed.

“I love you too… but I just can’t do this anymore. I’m sorry Minseok.”

Luhan then kisses Minseok’s forehead, stands up, and goes to their room.

Minseok is left by the window, sobbing, his heart in disbelief.

 

Now, Minseok has recovered from crying, and is now lying on his side, his back opposite Luhan. Minseok still struggles to fall asleep.

His heart hurts more than his wet, red eyes. He may never recover from it, but he will try to accept Luhan’s decision. As much as possible, he wants Luhan to be happy. He wants him to be himself, be what he wants to be, and do what he wants to do.

 

Suddenly, Minseok felt Luhan move.

 

“Minseok,” Luhan whispered.

 

“Mm.” Minseok responded.

 

“I’ll leave at 8 in the morning.”


“Okay.”