Chapter 1: Will she be safe?

Two Complete Different Worlds

17 Years Ago

Author’s point of view:

-Baby’s cries-

The door of the emergency room swung open.

“Congratulation Kang, Kyung-Hee had given birth to a baby girl, they’re moved into a stable room now,” Dr. Lee congratulated his good friend.

 

“Thank you doctor, may I go see my wife and daughter?” Kang-Dae asked.

“Yes you may,” Dr. Lee replied.

 

“Thank you,” Kang-Dae bowed and thanked Dr. Lee, then walked towards the room.

 

Dr. Lee bowed and looked at his good friend walked away, smiled and whispered, “You are blessed to have such a beautiful gift treasure her well.”

Kang-Dae made his way to his wife’s room and walked into the room.

 

There he saw was his wife holding a baby girl bundled up in a pink blanket. Standing there watching his wife smile at the baby. His wife looked up and saw him.

 

“Hi,” he said. “Hi,” she replied, he slowly walked over to her side and kissed his wife’s forehead.

 

“She’s sleeping,” she told him. He stared at the sleeping angel in his wife’s arm.

 

 Kang-Dae smiled and whispered, “She’s beautiful.”

 

“Isn’t she?” asked Kyung-Hee.

 

“Just like her mother,” he replied and smile at his wife. “What do you want to name her?” asked his wife.

 

“Mi-young, Hwang Stephanie Mi-young and we can also add Tiffany,” he replied.

 

“Okay,” said his wife and smiled, “Hwang Stephanie Mi-young Tiffany, It shall be then.” “Will she be safe,” Kyung-Hee asked.

 

The eyes of the sleeping angel fluttered open. Nothing came out of his month, it was just silence.

 

“Will she be safe?” she asked again with worries in her eyes.

 

4 Months Later

It’s been weeks since Kang hasn’t been home, he has been busy the past few weeks and he finally got the chance to go home to his wife and daughter. He got home and no one was home. He went to find someone.

 

“Min where’s Kyung-Hee and Mi-young?” Kang asked.

 

“Mistress said that she’ll be back, she didn’t mention where she is going,” Min replied.

 

Its 6 o’clock and Kyung-Hee wasn’t back yet. The maids were setting the table. The front door open and Kang rush to the door. He looked at his wife and didn’t see his daughter.

 

“Where’s Mi-young?” he asked. Kyung-Hee kept quiet.

 

“Where is she?” he asked, raising his voice louder. Still she remained quiet.

 

“Where is she, what did you do to her?” he asked this time in anger.

 

“I left her,” she replied quietly.

 

“Where did you leave her?” he asked.

 

“It doesn’t matter where I left her just as long as she’s safe away from our life,” she replied.

 

“You didn’t leave her, you abandon her and you think that by leaving her by the streets, sidewalks or wherever you leave her will be safe,” he yelled.

 

“I don’t want any of our enemies going after her, you think this was an easy decision for me, no it wasn’t I felt like I’ve been stabbed a million of times, I’m dying here right now,” she cried, tears overflowing from her eyes.

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to,” Kang said as he hugged his wife tightly.

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t want to, but I have to make this decision even if it kills me to leave her. I’m sorry,” Kyung-Hee cried in Kang’s arm.

 

“Who will take care of her, feed her, change her clothes, and love her, will she be safe?” Kang whispered quietly, tears slipping from his eyes.