Enter Soyoung

Girls Girls Girls

“Now, be as quiet as possible so we can sneak up on her,” BamBam whispered to the other boys before quietly inching the door open and tiptoeing into the music room.

The other boys filed in silently, watching as Lili crafted wonders on the piano. She was immersed into the music and didn’t notice them at all.

“Aren’t we gonna give her a heart attack?” Mark muttered.

BamBam, Yugyeom, and Youngjae shrugged. “Been there, done that.”

Lili ended the piece on a shimmering chord and grinned to herself happily. That was the first time she’d been able to play through that piece completely without a mistake! She felt so proud of herself.

Just as the boys were about to scare her, a new voice said quietly, “What are you doing?”

The boys jumped and yelled. Lili jumped too, turning towards the noise and glaring at the boys who were clearing their throats sheepishly. Then she noticed Soyoung and broke into a wide smile.

“Soyoung! You came!” Lili stood up and waved her over excitedly.

Soyoung threw one more impassive glance at the seven boys before calmly joining Lili at the piano.

“Oh here, I’ll get up,” Lili said, standing up to make room for Soyoung, but Soyoung laid her hand gently on Lili’s arm.

“It’s fine. Stay.”

Lili sat back down, leaving more space for her friend, and smiled. “Okay. What are you going to play?”

Soyoung tilted her head. “I don’t know. Whatever my fingers decide.” Without further ado, she set her fingers on the keys and began playing.

Soyoung was a prodigy, having been recognized for her musical talents at age four and honing them ever since. She could play nearly any instrument she got her hands on, but the piano was her favorite.

Lili listened attentively for several measure before lifting her hands and joining in on the lower half on the piano. Soyoung immediately shifted half an octave higher and they continued seamlessly, never getting in each other’s way.

The boys stared in awe.

“Huh. And I thought we were talented,” Jackson muttered.

When the girls finished, they began chattering animatedly about music, completely forgetting the boys’ existence.

JB elbowed Yugyeom. “Yah, maknae. Tell them to eat with us at lunch.”

“Me? Why?” Yugyeom was slightly intimidated by the thought of demanding the girls’ company alone. They were both fierce, he could already tell.

“‘Cause you’re the maknae.”

“But--”

“I’ll do it,” Mark volunteered, getting up and striding confidently towards Lili.

All heads turned to him. Eyebrows shot into hairlines.

“Hyung?” Junior said to himself. Mark was taking an active interest. It could only mean one thing.

Lili had better watch out.


A/N: Sorry this chapter took me so long and it's not even long! >< I had so much school stuff to deal with this week, ugh. On the upside, I know what college I'm going to so I can kinda sorta relax a little more now! :D

The story is gonna start slow; that's jut how I usually end up writing. I apologize if it gets a little boring, but please bear with me!

Keep voting!

Thanks and enjoy!

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2014 by skyblaze208