Ulterior Motives

Girls Girls Girls

"Youngjae, you've been spending a lot of time alone with Lili, haven't you?" JB asked shrewdly.

BamBam pouted. "Hey, that's not fair! I wanna spend time with Lili alone!"

"Why, so you can trick her?" Jackson snickered.

"She wanted me to teach her 'Playground'," Youngjae explained with a shrug.

"You've heard her sing?" Mark asked.

Youngjae shook his head. "She won't sing in front of me."

"Maybe she at singing," Yugyeom suggested.

Suddenly a melodic voice reverberated down the hall from the music room. The seven boys glanced at each other before sprinting down the hall.

Lili had arrived at school early again and she didn't think GOT7 would be there yet. So without restraint, she played and sang.

"Wow," the boys breathed in unison. What a voice!

Yugyeom muttered, "Okay, so she doesn't ."

Jackson whispered, "Hey, if she started performing with us, we would get way more fans! Of the male variety!"

"But she wouldn't even sing in front of me," Youngjae reminded them.

"Maybe she doesn't like you," BamBam sniggered.

"No," Youngjae glared. "I don't think she'd sing in front of any of us. Not even Soyoung."

"Well, challenge accepted," Mark grinned and strode in confidently. "Lili!"

She gasped and immediately stopped singing and playing. "H-how long have you been there?" She glanced behind him and saw the others boys unsuccessfully hiding. "All of you?!"

"Just a few seconds. Why?" Mark asked innocently.

Lili shook her head and stood, gathering her things. "You heard me sing."

"A little. And it was beautiful." Mark tossed a charming grin at her but she wasn't even looking at him.

"I don't sing in front of people." With that, she swept out of the room through a side door.

Mark exhaled. The other boys came in behind him, pointing and laughing.

"Good job scaring her away, Hyung," Jackson laughed.

Mark rounded on him. "It's a work in progress! Now let's go to the club before they decide to skip us."


"Um, Soyoung?" Lili began hesitantly.

They were studying in the library during a free period. Lili couldn't focus. She wanted to put her plan into action.

Soyoung looked up from her work. "Yes?"

Lili bit her lip. "Well, I was just wondering...I mean, you don't have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable but--"

"Just ask."

"Do you really hate Youngjae?"

Soyoung blinked at her and returned silently to her work. Lili sighed and did the same. She knew Soyoung wouldn't tell her anything. Why did she even ask?

"I don't hate him," Soyoung replied in a soft voice, surprising Lili. "He's my brother. How could I hate him?"

Lili smiled. There was hope after all.

"But I'm angry at him. For leaving me."

"He--"

"I know. I know he didn't want to abandon Mother. And I know it was easier for him to become a singer by staying in Seoul. But still...he chose to leave me. Even after promising we'd always be together, he left me." Soyoung sighed. "And that's why I'm angry."

"Soyoung--"

"But I didn't tell you any of that to pity me," Soyoung cut her off brusquely. "I told you because I knew you wouldn't stop bothering me until I did. Now get back to work."

"Yes, ma'am." But Lili's brain gears were turning a mile a minute.


A/N: Hi guys! Sorry it's been so long and sorry it's such a filler chapter. I just haven't had loads of inspiration for this story, but I HAVE been writing a lot lately for other groups (EXO, BTS, MBLAQ), if you'd like to check them out. :D But don't worry, I will forge my way through this writer's block for you guys!

ONWARDS!

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2014 by skyblaze208