The First Step

Girls Girls Girls

Lili Park sighed. After a long first day at her new high school, she was ready to head home and conk out on her bed.

Her family had just moved from America back to Seoul after ten years. They had originally left for “a better life,” meaning better-paying jobs for her parents, and now that they were satisfied they had decided to come back to their roots. Lili had been devastated over the news but she'd just cried alone in the shower. There was no point getting worked up and anyway, it wasn’t in her nature. She was a good girl who always listened to her parents. They knew best.

And she got to attend Seoul’s renowned School of Performing Arts, where many a KPOP star had graduated from. Not that she listened to KPOP or anything, but surely a school that had spawned so many successful idols couldn't be too bad.

She missed her friends terribly, and she would be sending them all lengthy emails the second she got home, but at least she had been able to meet some nice people at school.

She sighed again, looking up from her feet just in time to stop before crashing into someone. A boy in a gray jacket zoomed by on a motorized scooter, closely followed by six more boys. Her hair fluttered as they whizzed past her. They all stopped and carried their scooters into a small corner shop.

Lili frowned slightly. They hadn't even noticed her, though they'd passed less than two inches in front of her. Would they have stopped and apologized if they had ran her over? She somewhat doubted it. She shook her head and took a step forward, but her foot landed on something.

Curious, she leaned down and picked it up. It was a black bracelet. She looked at the shop the boys had disappeared into. Surely it was one of theirs? She bit her lip, debating whether or not to chase after them and return it. They were obviously rude but she couldn’t deny that she was curious. She shrugged and thought, No harm in trying.

How wrong she would be.

The bell chimed as she pushed open the door, discovering that it was a small jewelry shop. She wandered in slowly, looking for the boys, but they had completely disappeared. Where could they have gone?

She looked around and the sun glinted off something, catching her eye. She stepped closer. It was a small metal knight’s head. She reached slowly towards it and just as she it, something flashed from inside, and the wall began to move. She gasped and jumped back, startled, but when the hidden door had opened completely, she took a deep breath and stepped through.

No turning back.


A/N: And it begins! :D Please vote for your favorite member to decide Lili's love life!

Thanks and enjoy!

skyblaze208, OUT!


© Copyright 2014 by skyblaze208