I´ll be there for you..

The story of us ..

 

It´s interesting how sometimes a good friendship begins in the most crazy way.

After that night when they hit their heads one more time, Yoona decided to avoid Donghae as much as possible. It will be awkward if we´ll meet again, thought the girl. But since they were training in the same companie, she knew that she couldn´t avoid him forever.

He definitly thinks I´m crazy, was thinking Yoona all over again. He may think I´m sort of stalker! No, no, no! Why this happened to me? God, why you didn´t made him sleep when I entered the room?

Suddenly she heard the thunder.  She went to the window and looked at the sky,I´m sorry, you´re right! It was my fault.

On the next few daysYoona was always walking carefully through the hall, watching around her to not meet him by surprise.

-What´s wrong with you? asked Sooyoung. Are you hiding from someone?

-What? No,Yoona started to laugh, why would you think that?

- You put the hood on, and covered almost all of your face.

Yoona started to laugh again and hit Sooyoung´s shoulder.

-         Of course I´m not hiding, why would I. I´m just cold.

-         Cold? Look around, everybody wears t-shirts.

I´m more sensitive than the others! Let´s go to the practice room already!

-         Wait, I need to buy water.

Yoona grabbed Sooyoung´s hand.

-         You´ll buy later!

 

Donghae, on the other side was using every motive to go out of the practice room. First, he went  to search for the teacher, after, to bring water for his colleagues, after that, to go to the bathroom. His friends noticed that it was so different from his usual concentrated behaviour.

-         What´s wrong with you?asked Hyukjae. You don´t want to practice?

-         Are you feeling ok?asked Junsu

-         Maybe you´re tired and need some rest?supposed Leeteuk.

-         I´m ok guys, really, don´t worry.

He couldn´t explain what was wrong, not even to himself. Everytime he went out his eyes were looking for something, for someone.

Yoona,the name popped in his head. He didn´t know why, but he wanted to see her. Maybe it was just his curiousity, she intrigued him. You won´t see everyday a girl that will ask you to hit her head again to avoid the growth of horns. He smiled again when he remembered that night. After she hit him she ran away with the speed of sound. After that, he didn´t see her for few days.

 

It happened after a week.

She decided to stay a little more and practice. 

She was stretching her legs when she heard that the door opened. She was sure it was Sooyoung, she always leaves something behind and comes back to take it.

-What is it this time? Don´t tell me you left your bar of chocolate.

- No I didn´t,she heard a boy´s voice. She didn´t know how, but she knew who it was. She turned her head and saw him, it was Donghae.

- Hey! Extra practicing again?

- Donghae-shi..

- Am I bothering?

- No, you don´t

- Then I can come in,Donghae smiled and went to the mirror.

Yoona didn´t answer and folowed his actions.

He sat down on the floor and looked at her.

- Are you practicing a dance routine?

- Yes, it´s a number we just finished to learn.

- Can you show it to me?

- I..

- It´s ok if you don´t want, I´m sorry I asked. Don´t worry.  I guess I´ll better leave.

- Wait!

“Yoona, what´s the problem? Remember Leeteuk-oppa´s words? If you want to be an idol you have to win over your shyness and be able to perform in front of anyone. It´s just, it´s not anyone, it´s Donghae-shi! I already embarassed myself in front of him.”

 

- Yoona-shi! Don´t worry, it´s really ok if you don´t want to show me. I shouldn´t ask.

- No, it´s ok, I´ll show you.

“This is your chance to rehabilitate yourself in front of him, thought Yoona, at least a little bit. . “

 She showed him a part of the dance they learned.

-         You´re really good Yoona-shi!

-         Thank you! she bowed to him.

-         We also learned this dance, want to practice it together?

They danced the routine.

-         Yoona-shi, you said that you just learned the dance, right?

-         Yes, we finished it today.

-         How can you do it so good? You didn´t do any mistakes!

-   I really liked this dance, when you like something, you learn it faster than usual.

-   You´re right! Want some water? He took a bottle from his bag and gave it to her.

-   Thank you!

They sat on the floor and Donghae asked Yoona  how she entered the SM and why she wanted to be an idol. Shy at first, little by little Yoona opened to him , and if at the beginning she was avoiding his eyes, by the end of their discution she was looking at him directly and sometimes smiling at him.

After that night they spend a lot of time practicing together. It became a custom that after the classes were over, Donghae will pass by her practice room they will practice a little and then he will accompany her to the bus station.

They became good friends, even Leeteuk started to be jealous of their relationship.

-         I´m watching you!he was usually saying to Donghae.  

One day Donghae told Yoona that he wants to show her something. He brought her to a park that was close to SM building. He showed her a very old tree that was in its center.

-This is my favourite place in the park. When I´m feeling down I always come here and lean on this tree. I can feel peace when I´m sitting next to it. Do you know why?

         - Why?

         - This tree looks just like the tree that grows in our yard in Mokpo. It reminds me of my home, of my parents.

         - Thanks for showing it to me. It´s beautiful here, and peaceful, just like you said. Yoona smiled to Donghae and he smiled back.

         - It will be our secret place, ok?

         - Ok

 

          

Few years later.

Yoona perspective

 

We all knew that Donghae´s father was ill and that the doctors gave him not much time to live. But all of us, our SM family, like we liked to call our group was praying and hoping that everything will be alright.

Even if Donghae knew what was the situation, he always tried to be cheerful when someone was asking him about his father, but Yoona could see how hard it was for him to be so far away from home now when his family needed him the most. His father never said anything and always supported Donghae´s decision of becoming an idol.

She remembered very well his soft voice. One day she found out that Donghae was looking for her. That day she had an important exam at school so she came a little later that usual. She found him in the hall.

-Yoona, I was looking all over for you!

- I´m sorry oppa, I had an exam , so I had to stay a little longer. Something happend?

- Let´s go out, here is too much noise.He grabbed her hand.  I want you to meet someone.

- What do you mean?

They went outside and Donghae showed her a mobile phone.

-Mr Lee Soo Man gave me  this phone to call my dad. I would like to present you to him.

- Your father? But ..

- Don´t worry! I´m sure he will like you, Donghae smiled.I´m calling!

She spoke with him for some minutes. He had a warm voice, just like Donghae. She wished him quick recovery and when she said her goodbye, she heard how he called her name.

-         Yoona!

-         Yes

-         Please take care of Donghae.

She didn´t expect it. Donghae saw her reaction and started watching her with a suspicious face.

-         Yes I will.

-         Thank you. Take care of yourself..

-         You too.

 

-         What did my father told you? asked Donghae

-         Why are you asking?

-         Just..

-         He asked me to take care of my health.

 

 

Yoona was filming a CF for a face cream. She was very tired. She knew that all the commercials and magazine shots that she was participating in were a step in her way to the accomplish her dream, so she was working hard. Waiting for her turn, she took a magazine from the table. When she opened it, on the 10th page she found an article about “Super Junior” They debuted for an year already, and finally got the fame that they deserved. Their last song “U” was a total succes and she was very happy for them. But in the same time she missed them a lot. Leeteuk-oppa, Eunhyuk, Ryuwook and Donghae. They were so busy that she didn´t see them for a long time. Or even when she did, they didn´t have not even 5 minutes to talk. The one she was meeting more frequently was Leeteuk, but with the rest of them , that close contact that they had before was lost, especially with Donghae.

She went back to the SM. She was in the practice room with the girls when the door opened and she saw Leeteuk. The girls surrounded him happily and started to congratulate him for their succes. But Yoona noticed that he was a little pale.

-         Is something wrong?asked Yoona

-         Yoona can I talk to you a second?

-         Something happened?asked Taeyeon

-         I´ll tell you later girls. Can I talk with Yoona for a minute?

-         Yes of course.

Leeteuk grabbed Yoona´s hand and draged her outside.

-         Yoona, did you see Donghae?

No I didn´t, why?she saw how his face became more worried. What happened ? Something happened with him?

I´ll better tell you, you will find our sooner or later. Yoona, Donghae´s father died.

She felt like the air stoped in her chest. She was too shocked to ask anything else.

-         Yoona, I have to run, I need to find him.

-         He doesn´t know?asked Yoona

Yes he does. He got a call from his mother and went to the office to talk with her. And after that he disappeared. We found out from Lee Soo Man. He came to see him. But now we don´t know where he is.

He´s not in the building?

We searched everywhere. I thought that maybe he went to see you. You were good friends..

No he didn´t

I see, I have to run.

I´m comming with you!

Yoona!

You know me, if I decided something , it´s hard to convince me step back.

I know, ok, let´s go!

They run out and met with the other boys.

-You didn´t find him? asked Hyukjae.

- No, he wasn´t with her.

-Let´s split up and look for him in groups. I will go with Yoona.

They organized little groups and divided the areas.

-         Maybe he went home?asked Shindong.

He didn´t take anything with him. He couldn´t go without money,said Siwon.

Let´s go guys, we have to find him, said Heechul.

 

Yoona was running with Leeteuk.

Where did he go? Thought Yoona.Donghae, where are you? The tears were falling down her face. She was imagining how he must feel right now. She knew how much he loved his father. So she was sure that this news was a huge blow for him. We have to find him!

Suddenly she stopped. Leeteuk noticed that and came closer.

         -Are you ok? Maybe you should go back

         - I know were he may be

         - Are you sure?a glimpse of hope appeared on Leeteuk´s face.

         -I hope I´m right. Let´s go.

She didn´t come to this park for a long time. It was meaningless when she tried to come alone, so she never did it again.

         Approaching the tree she saw a silhouette. It was Donghae. Leeteuk noticed him too. He wasn´t moving, just watching in nowhere.

         Leeteuk had just few second to decide what he is going to do. He took Yoona´s hand and told her quietly.

-         Go to him

-         Oppa.. I don´t know..

-         He needs you now. Go.

He pushed her a little. Yoona looked at him and thet turned her head to see Donghae, He was in the same place, in the same position. She turned back to Leeteuk and nodded.

As she was approaching Donghae,  a lots of ideas were running through her head. How can I help him? Will he let me talk to him or he´ll run away like he did earlier.

When she was at one step distance from him, she opened to say something, but the words refused to go out. She felt like her eyes became teary, and she started to fight not to cry. She forgot all the words of confort that she wanted to say.

Donghae didn´t move at all. Lost at what to do, but wishing to help him somehow, Yoona did the only thing that came to her mind. She hugged him from behind and started to cry.

 

Donghae felt how someone hugged him from the back. He recognized this presence. And heard how Yoona started to cry. He was so hurt and lost. He felt like he lost his foundation. His father was gone, and now he felt like a little boy, all alone in the world. He cried his heart out during that hour that he spend here after hearing the news. After he cried, came the emptiness. He felt empty, with no emotion inside. But feeling Yoona´s tight hug and hearing her crying he felt his heart filled with emotions,  his eyes became teary again , and the tears quietly  started to fall down. She didn´t say anything, but it wasn´t necessary. He knew..