Pain

The story of us ..

 

 

- Donghae oppa!

It was Donghae, her boyfriend. Yoona put her hand on the chest and felt her heart beating fast.

- Oppa, you scared me.. Her legs were shaking so she leaned on the the wall in attempt to recover.  

        - I´m sorry, I didn´t want to scare you.  Yoona looked at Donghae. Something was wrong. She felt it in his voice. He was upset. The girl  wanted to ask if something happened, but didn´t got the chance.

        - Why you didn´t pick up the phone? asked Donghae the next moment.

        - You called me? 

Yoona remembered that because they were at the karaoke she shot down her phone after calling Yuri to tell her she´ll be late.

         - I´m sorry oppa , today we had a little party with the guys from FO2. We were at the karaoke bar to celebrate the 10´th episode, so I shot down the phone. 

          - Why you didn´t tell me you´re going?

          - Because it wasn´t something planned. Taec oppa and Kwonie captured me after the rehearsal and obliged me to go. 

She smiled remembering the little kidnap they did. The moment she was going out of the building Taecyeon grabbed her by the hand and saying “You´re going with us” started to drag her after him. Kwonie put a handkerchief at whispering at her ear not to scream cause they won´t hurt her. She knew he was crazy, but he had the ability to surprise her everytime.

           - Taec oppa?

A little lost in her thoughts Yoona didn´t notice that Donghae sounded a little tense and angry.

Yoona nodded.

            - Yes, him and Kwonie. 

            - Did you have fun? Finally Yoona noticed that Donghae was acting strange. The last sentence sounded a little ironically.

            - Is there something wrong?

           - You were with Taecyeon? She tried to ignore that he was asking about Taecyeon for the second time. She didn´t want to take “this” path in their conversation.

           - Yes, with him and the others from FO. 

           - He brought you with his car. Yoona felt that it wasn´t a question, it was  a statement.

           - I wanted to take a cab, but he and Kwonie didn´t let me. 

           - I didn´t see Jo Kwon there. 

          - He was at the back seat, started to explain Yoona , but stopped the next moment. “So this is the problem” thought the girl and asked

          - Is this an interrogation? What´s with all this questions? 

          - You shot down your phone for few hours and after that, I see you comming out of Taecyeon´s car. Donghae took Yoona´s hand and squeezed it. Taking her eyes off of their hands she looked in his eyes.

           - Kwonie was there too! Why are you mad ? We´re friends. 

           - A friend doesn´t stare at you the way he does. 

           - Stop it ! I told you before , I don´t like when we talk about this. 

           - You think I don´t see that he likes you? he pressed her against the wall, keeping her pinned with his body.

She wavered few moments. Having him next to her like that , it was difficult to breath. Her heart started beating like crazy. She missed him so much.. Because of their schedules they didn´t see eachother for weeks.

The tension raised , and she felt his warm breathing on her face. His lips were so close and she was ready to give in,  but stopped the next moment. What they were talking about was too important. It needed to be talked and solved imediately.

 The girl shook her head a little and pushed him back at arm´s lenght.

          - It doesn´t matter if he likes me or not. I am YOUR girlfriend and you should trust me. 

          - I trust you, but I don´t trust him. Yoona looked away trying to stop the tears coming from her eyes. She looked back at her boyfriend.

          - No, you don´t trust ME , and it hurts. 

          - Yoona you don´t understand. I hate when you guys are together. Why did you go with him ? You could call me or call a cab ! 

Yoona covered her face with her hands. She felt weak and dizzy.

She wanted to explain that she called him, but Leeteuk picked up saying that they had to film a  CF till late at night and she decided to call again tomorrow.

She wanted but she didn´t. Yoona didn´t know why, but she felt that was it, it was her limit. It was the last drop, and she “broke”. She couldn´t stop the tears anymore  and it filled her eyes. She was tired to defend herself everytime Donghae had a jealousy crisis. She needed him to be by her side and support her. To tell her that everything is going to be ok even if she´s hated so much right now, but he was just hurting her more. The pain caused by his distrust was bigger and she couldn´t bear it. They needed time to stay away from eachother and  think what´s best for the two of them.

           - Oppa, let´s break up.. she never thought that the day this words will come out of will come. But here she was , and she just said them.  

           - What? She felt how Donghae froze for a moment. He was looking at her with disbelief.

           - You heard me. She could barely speak. I need some time and I think you need it too.

           - I don´t need time. I need you! He made a step towards her and stopped when she took one back.

           - Oppa, her voice was trembling, it´s too hard for me right now to be in a relationship..

           - Yoong, don´t do it. He approached and took her hands in his.  I love you.. Don´t  you love me?

           - I do, Donghae smiled hearing her answer, but..

           - Is this because of Taecyeon? 

Yoona was taken aback. She could not believe it. She was trying to explain that they weren´t ok, that they need to change for their relationship to go on, and the only thing he was thinking about at that moment was Taecyeon.

      She pushed him wanting to run away, but he hugged her from behind without willing to let go.

       - Yoona , you can´t break up with me! 

       - Oppa, please! The tears were falling down on her face. It´s hard enough for me!

       - No, I won´t let go! I can´t! 

She heard his voice trembling and felt his pain, but he didn´t understand her , so they needed to let go , for a while.

      - Oppa please! She tried to free herself from his hug, but he was stronger. She felt weakness in her legs.

      - What the hell is going on here?!! 

Yoona raised her head and looked back. Through the tears she saw Jessica standing in front of them.

       - Unnie! 

Jessica was shocked to find them like that. Yoona trying to release herself from Donghae´s embrace and Donghae not letting her go. She immediately approached them and grabbed Donghae´s hands.

       - Oppa let go ! You´re hurting her! Yoona felt how Donghae took his hands away.

       - Yoona, are you ok?  Jessica asked her worried.

Yoona nodded and hid her face on Jessica´s shoulder. The  hugged her and turned her head to Donghae.

        -  Don´t you see how she´s shaking? She is ready to lose her consciousness!

        - I´m sorry, whispered Donghae. It´s just.. I don´t know.. unable to find the words.

Yoona turned her head and saw how lost was her boyfriend. She could see the tears in his eyes and feel his pain. Seeing him like this , she was ready to run to him, but Jessica´s words stopped her.  

        - We´re going in. You´ll talk tomorrow. Go rest. Both of you needed. 

She pushed Yoona a little towards the stairs.

-  Let´s go sweety. Walking Yoona turned her head to see Donghae. He was at the same spot without moving. His head was down and she saw him sobbing.

Yoona, what have you done?” thought the girl.

 

Jessica opened the door of their apartment. The lights were off, the other girls were sleeping already.

- Let´s go to the kitchen, whispered Jessica, but saw that Yoona didn´t move. The girl looked at her.

- Unnie, I think he´s still there. Can you go check on him please? 

- Yoong! The one I´m concerned about right now is you. Oppa is big enough to take care of himself. 

- Unnie please.. Jessica saw how Yoona started to cry again.

- Ok, I´ll go. Don´t cry. Take out your clothes and go to the kitchen. I´ll be back in few minutes and make a tea. 

When Jessica came back she found Yoona sitting in the kitchen with her clothes on. Hearing Jessica´s steps the girl raised her head.

- Is he ok? 

- I called a taxi so don´t worry.

- Thanks , whispered Yoona and bowed her head.

Jessica took off her clothes and started preparing the tea. Looking at Yoona sitting quietly with her eyes fixed on the floor, the girl remembered  how she found Donghae in the same state, at the same place they left him. When she tried to walk him to the taxi, he was moving like a robot and she was a little concerned about him. As soon as he entered the cab, Jessica called Heechul to tell him that Donghae is on his way to the dorm so he has to take care of him.

Donghae was an oppa she liked and respected but Yoona was more important for her. She was like her little sister.

She came closer to Yoona and took her hands.

- Oh my God, Yoona! Your hands are cold as ice. 

- I´m sorry unnie Yoona was still looking at the floor.

- Sorry for what? Jessica sat in front of her and made her look at her. We´re sisters, you don´t have to say this.

- I bring only troubles. 

- Stop saying stupidities. We´re friends. More than that we´re family. 

She heard the water boiling.

- A hot tea will make you feel better. The girl stood up to make the drink.

- Unnie, I´ll better go to sleep. 

Jessica looked back at Yoona.

- Oh no, you won´t young lady. Maybe it sounded a little harsh, but Jessica knew Yoona very well. She knew the girl will keep all her problems for herself  not wanting to bother anyone. So Jess  had to make her talk, to let out her worries.

Making  the tea she continued their conversation.

- What happened between the two of you on the stairs? The mood was very tense. 

Yoona was silent like she didn´t heard what Jessica asked her. She had her head down looking at her laps. Jessica approached her with the cup wanting to ask again, when the girl started talking.

- Unnie I can´t go like this anymore. I´m tired.. 

Jessica sat down again on the floor in front of Yoona. She gave the cup to Yoona and the girl felt its warmth.

- Are you talking about your relationship with Donghae? 

- Not only, but mostly about it. Jessica had her suspicions about what happened.

- Another jealousy crisis? 

- Yes. I mean , I liked it at the beggining, I thought about it as a proof of his love, but now I feel suffocated. It´s like he doesn´t trust me. Jessica opened to say something. Seeing that Yoona hurried to stop her.

- Don´t say that it´s because he loves me! She continued. I need someone to lean on when I feel down, because that´s what I tried to be for him. A tree he could lean on when he was sad, when he was hurt. She put her face in her palms. It´s so hard unnie. I love him but I can´t go on like this. Not now when everybody are against me.

- Yoona-ya! Jessica felt pain seeing her friend like that. She stood up on her knees and  hugged her tight. Not everyone is against you. And even like this, don´t listen this comments. Just ignore those who don´t like you and work hard as you did till now. These people  just don´t know how beautiful you are. Not only from the outside, but from the inside as well. And don´t forget, you´re not alone, you have us, and we will always be there for you.

She felt how Yoona hugged her back tightly.  

- Unnie, I love you.. 

- I love you too Yoong.

 

That night, after drinking the tea, they spent the night in the living room. Yoona fall asleep with her head on Jessica´s laps. The girl knew that tomorrow her back will hurt a lot, but it didn´t matter as long as she could help Yoona.

Caressing Yoona´s hair till she felt asleep, Jessica noticed wrinkles on her forehead. Watching her like that the girl was like a child, so weak and vulnerable. At that moment she wasn´t the face of the popular Korean group SNSD, but just a girl burdened by her problems.

 

            Jessica´s thought were disturbed by a signal on her phone. She took it in her hand and saw she got a text message from Heechul.

 

He´s at the dorm. We went for a drink and he passed out. He was crying all the time.. Did they really broke up? Our couple?”

 

 “Thanks. I´ll call you tomorrow. We´ll figure it out.” Wrote back Jessica.

 

Heechul was right. They were “our couple”, a secret the two groups were hiding for a long time from their company, fans and the entire world. This relationship was so important for all of them and she felt pain to see it wasn´t working.