The first step towards you..

The story of us ..

 

 

7 years ago. SM practice room.

 

The guys were warming up for the dance routine that they were learning. Today their teacher left them to practice alone and told Yunho to take care of everything. He was the best within the group, and taking into account that this was the A group (where were gathered SM´s best male dancers) he was the best in the company. 

Suddenly the door opened and two guys fled in screaming. It was Junsu and Hyukjae, 2 best buddies.  

-The fresh meat is served gentlemen! screamed Junsu

-What?  Leeteuk approached them (I know he´s not one of the best dancers ;), but I need him in this group). You mean we have new trainees?

- Guys, how can you talk like this about the new girls. Said Yunho glancing at Junsu and Hyukjae. Hyung, you too? he asked looking at Leeteuk. Everybody started laughing. 

-Yunho! Can you stop acting so serious? Leeteuk approached him and put his hand on his shoulder. You know that they are joking, right guys? He looked at Junsu and Hyukjae and the two of them started nodding fast. Too fast, thought Yunho. 

- Just do whatever you want, I´ll give you guys 10 min to discuss this, but after, we´ll start practicing.

-Yes sir! screamed Leeteuk smiling. 

Everybody gathered around the two guys asking different questions at the same time: 

-How many girls you saw?

-Don´t tell me there are only boys! Last time was such a deception!

-Are they pretty?

-Is there any candidate to be my future wife?! That was Leeteuk´s voice.

-Guys! Can you ask in order please? Junsu tried to calm his comrades.

 

Yunho was looking at them in disbelief, just a few minutes ago the guys were talking that they are grown ups so they have to show that they are true men, and now they were acting like kids. He turned around to get closer to the mirror to practice and saw that one of the guys was already doing it. It was Donghae. Their teacher transfered him in their group one week ago. At the beginning Yunho didn´t agree with this. Donghae moved from C group to A in just few months, when the majority needed at least one year to do it. But watching him every day, he saw that Donghae is a really good dancer and that he puts a lot of effort to improve.

 

Yunho approached him. 

-How come you´re not spazzing about the new girls with the others?

-Oh, hyung! I´ll better practice. 

Yunho appreciated Donghae´s determination.

-Let´s do it together! The others will join us in 10 min. 

-Yes Hyung! Donghae was glad to practice like this with this hyung. He respected him a lot as a dancer.

 

At the other  side of the room

-This time we´re lucky! There are 10 new girls! said Hyukjae. 

-You can not have a girlfriend if I don´t! Yelled Junsu at his best friend. 

-Ara, ara! You and your jealousy! 

-Can you stop your love quarrel and tell us more details? said Leeteuk

-Sorry.

-So we have 10 girls..

-Are they pretty? Asked Shindong and the next second he got a kick from Leeteuk.

-What do you care? You already have a girlfriend. But your hyung doesn´t so shut up and let me ask the questions. 

-Yes hyung!

-So, are they pretty? Leeteuk repeated the question.

- Yes, as I saw, there are some! said Junsu and started clapping. Everybody joined him. 

-We´ll have our time to know them better, said Leeteuk with a mischievous expression. 

 

3 months later

 

-Yoona-ah! Yoona was going to the practice room  when she herd him screaming. Of course it was Leeteuk-oppa, thought the girl. No one else would do that. She stoped and looked back waiting for him to approach. 

-How is feeling today my favourite dongsang?

-Fine, thanks! And you oppa? 

-A little tired, but ok. Are you going for classes now?

-Yes

-What do you have?

- Acting classes

-I´m sure you´ll do great. Tell me if you´ll need something, ok? He patted her head.  Yoona smiled back.

-Of course oppa, thanks for taking care of me. She bowed to him.

-See ya!

Looking at his back while he was walking away  from her, Yoona remembered the first time when they talked, that was also the first time he came to her rescue. 

That day was a bad one in all aspects. She was scolded at school for not doing properly her homework, she argued with her bestfriends, she recieved some bad comments from her singing-teacher and above all this, she was tired and hungry. For the last 2 months she was working hard to prove that she deserved to be a trainie in SM company. All the days she was working her of to improve in singing, dancing , acting. She was doing it all the time. At the company, at home, even at school, she was thinking about this. She was exhausted phisically and emotionally. The last one was the worst. It was because the people she cared about didn´t support her dream as much as she would like to. Her father and her sister were asking her to quit and focus on her studies. Her 2 bestfriend were accusing her to not have time enough to spend with them. So she was at her limit. 

After the practice was finished, and everybody left, she turned off the lights and sat on the floor. The tears began to fall down her face. She hated to cry, she considered it as a sign of weakness, but at that moment she felt she could not keep all this inside anymore. That´s how Leeteuk found her. He was passing by, when he heard a girl crying. He opened the door, it was dark inside so he the light and  saw Yoona with puffy eyes staring at him. He recognized her immediately. It was Yoona the pretty shy girl. He went towards her direction and sat next to her. Seeing her like this he knew she needed a shoulder to cry on, a friend ready to listen. After 10 min he knew the reason for her tears. 

-Yoona, did you ever saw a sugarcane? he asked the girl

-Yes I did, why?

-It may seem fragile but it´s hard to break, you know that too?

Yoona nodded.

- If you want to be an idol, you have to become like a sugarcane. I know it´s hard, but I´m sure you will be able to. Can I ask you one thing?

-Of course oppa.

-Why do you want to become an idol?

- I want to bring joy to people. And I want to succeed in life (so she would regret that she left us, were the words that she said to herself). 

-Then it´s a dream you have to work for! Can you do it?

-I´m not sure

-Pabo! You have to say “yes I can”!

- Yes I can, said Yoona quietly.

-Louder!

-Yes I can! this time her voice was stronger.

-Once again!

- Yes I can!

-And now together!

-Yes I can!!!!!!!!!!

-That´s right donsang, you can. And remember you´re not alone. 

Yoona´s face brightened and she gave him a big smile.

-Wow!

-What?

- You should show that smile more often. Why are you always looking at your feet everytime I see you? Stop being the pretty shy girl, just be pretty!

Yoona begun to laugh. 

-If you want to be an idol, you have to keep your head up and show the world your genuine smile, araso? 

He became her best friend in SM. She knew that she could count on him whenever she´ll need him. 

 

Donghae couldn´t say the same thing about his comrades. Junsu and Hyukjae once again were using him as the protagonist of their jokes 

Everything started with some inocent praises. 

-Uri Donghae is a very good trainnee, right Junsu?

-Yes you´re right. He is in SM for some months but he is already in the A dance group, his singing is also improving fast.

Donghae smiled shyly to his friends. 

-I think he will debut much faster then us. said Hyukjae.

-That´s not true! You´re way better than me. 

-Yes you´re right Hyuk,will he talk with us after he´ll become a star? 

-I´m sure he won´t even look at us.

Donghae looked at them with an alarmed expresion. 

-Guys, what are you talking about? You know that I´m not this kind of person!

-Everybody say the same thing, but at the end, carried away by their popularity they forget about friends.  

Donghae couldn´t listen to this anymore.

-I´m not like that, screamed Donghae and left the room.

-Don´t you think we were a little to harsh this time? Junsu asked Hyukjae.

-You think?

-You know that he is sensitive. Let´s look for him and apologise. 

After some time of searching, they found him sobbing in the bathroom. Both guys tried to convince him to get out, but Donghae refused. They explained that it was just a joke so he should forget about this. Seeing no response. Hyukjae tried to open the door, but it was slammed back. 

-I´m not such a person! 

-Ok, ok, just relax. We know that you´re not, really! Get out, ok? Hyukjae was cursing himself for starting the joke, when they heard Donghae saying.

-You go first, I´ll come in a minute. 

He heard them leaving the bathroom so he decided to get out. He watched himself in the mirror and saw that his eyes were red and puffy. 

-Now I have to wait till I´ll get to normal. Donghae didn´t wanted to give his friends  new reasons for jokes. After few minutes he decided to go back. The moment he was going out through the door he saw that he had to take care of the laces on his sneakers. 

Everything happened so fast that he didn´t even understand until he didn´t felt a hit on his head. The moment he bowed to tie the laces, he bumped into someone, and their heads hit. The girl, he understood that it was a girl by her figure and the ponytail on her head. He didn´t see her face, because the girl was bowing and repeating “sorry” without revealing her face. The next moment she was gone. Confused at first, Donghae remembered that he saw that ponytail before, it was that shy girl that the boys were talking about. 

What was her name? …Yoona ..

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I know that this chapter is a little messy. There were so many things that I wanted to say,  detailes that are important for the continuation of this story.  Hope you´ll accept my flaws and continue to read my fanfic.  I know I said it before, but, I´ll try to do better next time  :). Thanks!